It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: 23432

whay are you so dammed evasive ?

YOU were the one who CLAIMED to have conducted an experiment

YOU were the one who CLAIMED to have results that did not show a curvature

i asked you a simple question :

please summarise your experiment [ methedology and equipment ] and what you expected the results to be vs what results you actually recorded

why will you not answer it ?

Dude , you have to conduct your own experiment ; that is all i said .

I have used 3 lasers across Bosphorous.

I could give specifics like the exact distances, heights , conditions etc etc but let me ask you ; why are you not conducting your own scientific experiment ?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

please summarise your experiment [ methedology and equipment ] and what you expected the results to be vs what results you actually recorded

I could give specifics like the exact distances, heights , conditions etc etc but let me ask you ; why are you not conducting your own scientific experiment ?

You are satisfied the world is indeed flat?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

You are satisfied the world is indeed flat?

No.

I am satisfied that the supposed curve can't be detected , observed or measured from the surface or 40000 feet altitude.
Obviously there is a conflict with sphere trigonometry ; common sense tells you that immediately ; it jumps at you .

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

if the earth was flat, there would be russian teens hanging off the edge with selfie sticks and posting the images to facebook.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Come on, the Flat Earth Society says they have people all over the globe...

I personally am not a Flat Earther .

Science says there is an 8 inch height difference in a given square mile of Earth's surface .

I conduct a little Science experiment to validate this claim and I can't find the curve like I should .

Scrutiny shows you that what science says there should be actually isn't there .

Everyone needs to deal with this fact in their own time by using a little bit of Science .

How hard do people think it is to measure a mile long line for crying outloud !!!

I have 25 years of flying around the world for the Military, I have also spent time on ships on the ocean. Right now I work with drones that I need to deal with line of sight. In all three areas that have covered 40 years of my life the curvature of the earth has played a big part in it all, so I think I'm good with my beliefs...hehe
edit on 8-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

A flat earth would be cool.

Line of sight communication to most anywhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I always wondered what is on the bottom?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Science says there is an 8 inch height difference in a given square mile of Earth's surface .

I conduct a little Science experiment to validate this claim and I can't find the curve like I should .

Scrutiny shows you that what science says there should be actually isn't there .

Everyone needs to deal with this fact in their own time by using a little bit of Science .

How hard do people think it is to measure a mile long line for crying outloud !!!

I have 25 years of flying around the world for the Military, I have also spent time on ships on the ocean. Right now I work with drones that I need to deal with line of sight. In all three areas that have covered 40 years of my life the curvature of the earth has played a big part in it all, so I think I'm good with my beliefs...hehe

funny enough , i have been flying since 1979 also been sailing since 1975 too .

Oh , I also built a vtol drone based fanwing in 2005 , currently i am doing a bit of Data Science .

I built homes , roads and city infrastructure too boot .

I have never once taken the curve into account when flying or sailing or building .

I have been a member of this site for a long time but only recently it has occurred to me to measure the curve .

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

i am satisfied that my personal sightings of polaris [ northj star ] and my measurements of its elevation using a sextant on 100s of occassions - over the last 40 years - in places upto 5000 km apart demonstrate that the earth can only be a spheroid

these " personal annecdotes " are further congurent with the experience of navigators over the last 250 years

and all subsequent measurements of the earths dimensions

further - my experience in the UK indicates that the " ordance survey national grid " gives an accurate deptiction of the dimensions of the united kingdom which also tally with my own longitude measuremts from the northern reatches of the hebrediean islans to the southern waters off cornwall -

if i use the reckoning 1 degree of latitude = 110km ( the OBVIOUS consequence of a speheroid 40 000km in circumferance ] than again - the latitude calculations - tally with the NGR distances betwwen various points

so - yes - i have done my own experiments - and they validate the spheroid theory

now - stop evading - and tell us EXACTLY what your " bosphorus laser experiment " was - and what the results were - and why you believe they invalidate the spheroid model - and further - what results do you think should have been returned to confirm the spheroid model

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

ok - please detail what flying and sailing experience you have

further - you claim to be a civil engineer - the builders of several of the worlds largest suspension bridges - state on record - that thier structures take the curvature of the earth into account

ETA - please disregard my request for your avation experience - my own is so minimal

lests concentrate on your sailing - when was the last time you used a sextant to calculate either latitude or longitude ?

and further - how do you square the ability to use said sextant to calculate latitude directkly [ plus longitude with the help tables [ or compute app ] and chronometer ] with your claims of " no curve "
edit on 8-1-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I have never once taken the curve into account when flying or sailing or building .

Have you ever flown around the world? I have many times. It is interesting too when you fly north over the pole from point A to point B and then you do it around the fat part of the earth's equator. As to ships...the horizon has played heavily into all of it from the first sailing days up to electronic warfare.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I always wondered what is on the bottom?

Hell silly...

We all know that

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

funny enough , i have been flying since 1979 also been sailing since 1975 too .

Oh , I also built a vtol drone based fanwing in 2005 , currently i am doing a bit of Data Science .

I built homes , roads and city infrastructure too boot .

I have been a member of this site for a long time but only recently it has occurred to me to measure the curve .

And yet, here is a prime example of the curvature in a totally reproducible way.
mathscinotes.com...

In general, the effects of the Earth's curvature are ignorable because most man-made construction is on too small of a scale to notice the effects of the Earth's curvature. One well documented exception is the Verrazano-Narrows bridge, whose design took into account that the bridge towers are 1 5/8 inch farther apart at the top than at the bottom. In this post, I will show how to compute this value.

I hope you didn't ever build anything big.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Game... Set... Match...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

How do you explain satellites? What do you have to say about the ISS? Are they fake?

Do tell.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Also -

This is what life would be like if the world was actually flat

The notion that the earth is flat is one of the most easily disproved and farcical theories to keep kicking about.

Professor Brian Cox recently attempted to educate the public in a Facebook Q&A session:

There is absolutely no basis at all for thinking the world is flat.

Nobody in human history, as far as I know, has thought the world was flat.

The Greeks measured the radius of the Earth. I cannot conceive of a reason why anybody would think the world is flat.

There are interesting bits of physics that tell you you live on a spinning planet and one of them is called the Coriolis force, which is the force that's responsible for causing storm systems to rotate on the planet.

So when you see those beautiful pictures of storms spinning around and rotating, the reason for that is that we live on a spinning planet.

It's probably the most nonsensical suggestion that a thinking human being could possibly make. It is drivel.

and

[It] would also be bad news for any organism, since the geomagnetic field basically works as a starship deflector shield against solar radiation.

Living on flat Earth’s surface would be as pleasant and healthy as sitting inside a 24/7 microwave oven! Solariums would have a hard time – however, the market of sun creams and tinfoil hats would boom.

and

Click link for more education.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Australians ?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Question for the Flat Earth believers.

With the invention of go pro cameras and balloons why dont they attach a go pro camera to a balloon and launch the sucker into orbit?

Granted there are many videos of people already doing this and thus far the images it returned show the earth as a sphere and not flat.

Discuss.

It would make more sense to have someone buy/rent a boat and just cross the ocean and see where they end up. BOB has some money. he could do that. Then they could use GPS and Compass and a map with some logical mathamtical euqations about speed and distance. When they reach land they keep walking, driving the same direction. Hit water, rent a boat again and keep going like that. LOL
edit on 10-1-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie
a reply to: Akragon

Australians ?

no no no... They're on the top

Under flat earth is sheol or something along those lines...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join