It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of White Americans Say They Face Discrimination

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol wtf?

I know. People hate me because if it.

It is my cross to "bare".

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yesterday my 8 year old niece told me a girl at school called her a "stupid white girl" because of an argument after my niece scored a point in a game.

Its accepted because she's white. It's normal and ok to hate white people. If you are taught that someone else has a privilege that you do not have then naturally you are going to resent that person.

the big lie is that it's white privilege when the truth is in reality it should be called polite privilege

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You know its interesting what some folks consider discrimination, there are scholarships out there in theory open to all but routinely are only given to people of one skin color, there are are jobs some at the federal level that are in theory open to all but if you are a certain color or gender you have little to no shot.

Really similar to laws and regulations in the not to distant past that people marched against for being unfair, but now its considered ok because of who it targets.

Discrimination is wrong especially when its institutionalized it does not matter what skin color is targeted.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Butterfinger

As long as you were the right race at least....

If you were a minority though.. not so much...

I always think it’s hilarious when people pretend as if the past was better than the present..

Crime has constantly dropped, life expectancies are at all time highs, the internet exists...lol

But hey if you were white during segregation or slavery. That would have been better than being equal today.. I guess.. if your a crap human being..

But economically, things are worse across the board. So who cares if you have rights if you cant even afford to live a happy life? Economically speaking, I'd rather be Malcolm X in the 40s and 50s than me right now today. His opportunities were better. Even With the racism he faced, he still managed to get jobs. Have you ever read the autobiography of Malcolm X? Trust me, youd rather have extra racism if it meant having a better life economically.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
He is 68...

It has nothing to do with his color. Sorry.

I am half white/half hispanic..I am also a business man.

I can tell you with 100% certainty there is no such thing as discrimination based on color or how you look.

It has everything to do with how you present yourself and how you carry yourself around others.

With my own recent experiences, I can say that there is some degree of truth to it. Due to unemployment in the family, I needed to get work to pay the bills. Several of the jobs adverts openly stated that they gave hiring preference to first nations members and new immigrants. Needless to say, I didn't even get a call for an interview with those places. Neither did my daughter. We're not talking highly technical work here. These were jobs as a housekeeper at local hotels. Those posting had been up for about a month prior to my application according to the info on the posting and they were still up nearly 3 weeks after I applied.

So, yes, my anecdotal experiences do say that there is a degree of discrimination in some areas of workplaces.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

See but I think you are not thinking through your claims here.

You claim institutional discrimination hurts minorities and women.

Then you cite the legal system.

Men are arrested more, convicted more, suffer more violence from police, have longer sentences And have far worse conditions in jail than women.

In fact, the difference in treatment in these areas between men and women is far greater than between black and white.

So I guess you are admitting, men suffer from rampant institutional discrimination.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Lol wtf?

Guys can have awesome butts too, but I have to wonder if DB has what most ladies would consider an awesome butt.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think another angle to be considered on this is the national rhetoric on race, our national "discussion" if you will. It's turned into a never-ending nag session that constantly produces a stream of dialogue about white people that is cringe worthy at best.

There is a reason why people show up and say, "If you took out 'white' and substituted 'black,' would this be allowed?" It's because if you're being intellectually honest, you know it wouldn't.

Get schooled so much that you can control your language so that you know darn good and well what you should never, ever say about any minority and why, and you can see things that shouldn't said about *any* racial/ethnic/religious group no matter whether they are minority/majority and for the same reasons. If it's considered racist and/or discriminatory and/or bigoted and prejudiced to use that type of rhetorical construct about one group, then it should be for all, not just every group except a majority group.

So you can see blatant examples of that kind of rhetoric aimed at the majority groups because people seem to have eaten up the mistaken belief that they can't be racist or prejudiced or bigoted against a majority group. And maybe that's why whites say they face discrimimation because they've been trained to spot it and they see that stuff aimed at them.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When I was young and single and in college, I discriminated because I only spoke to the pretty girls.

But then they discriminated against me because they only wanted to talk to the hot hunky guys.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You were in the wrong place.

You needed to try one of those girl only schools so the odds were dramatically in your favor.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You were in the wrong place.

You needed to try one of those girl only schools so the odds were dramatically in your favor.

I tried. But then I kept hearing things like, "What are you doing in the shower room!"

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Getting in touch with your feminine side?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Getting in touch with your feminine side?

I was trying to get in touch with someone's feminine side!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You beat me to it on that one.

I have been hearing this nonsense for some time too. I guess once your argument breaks down it's time change the meaning of words?

I always use this one but have yet to get a lucid rebuttal.

So a Japanese guy in Japan hates Chinese simply for being Chinese. I would call that racist. Then he move to China, where he is no longer the majority. He still hates Chinese but since he is no longer in the majority he can no longer be racist?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The more identity politics are pushed for some groups, the more the other groups will start to group themselves into groups based on gender or color on the other side.

The whole purpose of identity politics is to encourage and embolden minorities to stand up to what they see as institutionalized racism and discrimination. This has obviously worked for empower groups like BLM.

But to address your question as to whether this will cause the "others", I take it you mean "whites" to begin to "group" themselves with other "whites" in response to perceived discrimination, my guess is that its already happening, its just that people don't see it. It happens rather organically as a defense mechanism. Whites have long since been self-segregating. For years now, they've taken that to a much higher level in that they "group" via networks that are unseen and largely unknown, but are usually "profession" oriented networks where there is continuing education seminars, luncheons and annual meetings. Kind of like Trade Guilds used to be.

If we're talking about the future of the US in terms of race relations, my observations may not be valid, but from what I'm seeing is that by way of inter racial marriage, whites are getting "black" and "browned" out and blacks are getting "whited" out. Its just not that big a deal for a great many, much to the frustration of the "Race Industry" which profits handsomely from the publication of curricula at the Universities.

The future of the US is...........Brazil!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's your experience. Not so much for me or other "old white guys." I live in a liberal community, where every problem on the planet is blamed on old white guys and we're all considered racists by milennials of all color, despite the fact that many of us old white guys supported civil rights in the 1960s and marched against discrimination without being paid by the likes of George Soros.

I've been a lifelong JFK democrat, but when I mentioned I didn't like Obama prior to his election, I was attacked as a racist, and today those people say I'm a known racist just because I didn't like or agree with Obama. Apparently, it doesn't matter that MLK was one of my heroes and I've always fought against racism.

Since Obama, I have changed my view of race based on my experience: The media has pushed the "white privilege" and racism agenda down our throats. For me, it's clear that black people really, really hate white people based purely on the color of their skin. I now avoid mixed race events for my safety, and stay away from race-based conversations for my sanity. I'm old and really only care about my family's well being...very sad that our world has turned into such a hateful and intolerant place.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Goodness gracious. It's like you conservatives sit with a bulletin points memo on standby and once you see the opening, bam! You shove your incorrect propaganda to prove your point.

And i doubt black people would want to live in a time before 1964, you know Civil Rights and all, damn your lies.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "

Well

what is worse was , that
the Blacks were hired before any Irishman
back in the Late 1800s! in the US and the UK and its Comon wealth countries

they are White , but not according too The UK..
and of course Catholics was a sin .

what is even worse that in the United States would hire an Irishman
before Any Native American! let alone in most States in the US
the Native American , Indian , indigenous People of America
that would be my descendants Irish and Native American

So Im Tired of the Black and White Wining!

do we have to have Segregation again ,

White and Black Only communitys or towns! ,

How about this!

a New Law!

All White Males Mate with Black Woman Only ! Mulatto children
All Black Males Mate with White Woman Only Mulatto children

and all Mulatto's Males Mates with Mulatto Woman! Only

then then it will be all Gray ,, well lite brown LOL

then this # can #ing stop.

or just a #ing Race War !

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Well, I'm a white 47-year-old and I certainly have been, on a daily basis for the two years I lived in the city. In job-seeking, at work once I finally found a job, at my kids' school, at the grocery store, both subtly and overtly. Before that I just kind of assumed that racism mostly was white-on-whatever-color, but damn did those two years open my eyes.

Wow , what part of what city was that?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: ketsuko

Goodness gracious. It's like you conservatives sit with a bulletin points memo on standby and once you see the opening, bam! You shove your incorrect propaganda to prove your point.

And i doubt black people would want to live in a time before 1964, you know Civil Rights and all, damn your lies.

I didn't say they wanted to live in that time, but they might benefit mightily from having intact families like many blacks (and others) did in those days.

When 70% of your children are born to single mothers, you're looking at a real problem and not one caused by white folks or racism.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join