It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of White Americans Say They Face Discrimination

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Man-wife then...we mustn't hurt anyones feelings....LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

www.smashculturalmarxism.com...

The target has been Western Civilisation and all of its cultural institutions. Western traditions and morality have been debased, our cultural norms mocked and undermined, our identity targeted through forced multiculturalism and non-whites empowered to rise up against us in our own homelands. Our entire way of life has been altered and our history has been largely falsified and weaponised against us.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Simultaneously being discriminated against whilst having whites privilege

What is this white privilege you speak of? I've never seen it. But apparently I have it and don't know it.

I half agree with the OP. It's true in some cases. BUT as another poster said,and I can say this because I do hire people. It's all about how you present yourself. Show up to my interview dressed like a clown(not literally),thug or a slut... you aren't getting the job.No matter your color.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

but those pretending obama was born in Kenya, were using a racist angle

hahahaha....no, they were saying he wasn't eligible to be a President due to citizenship. You don't know what racism means if thats your definition.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I remember race relations were a hell of a lot better 8 years ago before something happened...

Yes. Before a bunch of racist idiots got upset about having a black president and suddenly felt that their dominance was threatened. Good job for noticing.

That's really NONSENSE. Barack Obama would NEVER have gotten elected without the white vote, which he got in droves. I voted TWICE for Barack Obama, before you accuse me of being a racist idiot. And when he did get elected, instead of EVER trying to bring the people together of all races, he turned out to be one of the most racially divisive presidents we ever had. THAT is what happened, over 8 years he never missed out on a chance to demean those very same white people who elected him, and empower racist blacks to hate whites openly. Its called BETRAYAL, not racism. Now I have a question for you, Obama had a white mother but only EVER identified as being black, WHY?
edit on 28-10-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
A majority of whites say discrimination against them exists in America today, according to a poll released Tuesday from NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

One thing's for sure - in the eyes of the minorities, EVERY single white person is a highly paid douchebag who's gotten EVERYTHING on a silver platter.

Tell that to the people living in trailer parks.

We are not all Stephen Colbert, who makes a nice yearly salary each DAY.
edit on 28-10-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Quote problem.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Grambler

You reap what you sow.

Or so the saying goes.

I know, all those slaves I had, I deserve it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

I can tell you with 100% certainty there is no such thing as discrimination based on color or how you look.

That's funny, because where I work they refused to hire a white guy as the manager, a guy everyone liked with years of experience, and instead tried to hire a black woman. She wanted too much money so they couldn't. They still passed on the white guy simply because he was white and they would only hire a black manager. Then a CUL (mini manager) position went up, white lady who was there forever applied, and a black woman who had been there 1 year. Guess who got it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Kansas City, Missouri. I lived on the very edge of Westport, near 39th and Troost. My kids went to school at Southwest High School, which went through 6 principals in the single year my kids attended. I worked at Fritz's in Crown Center and though management was great, there was a LOT of racism from crew for many months.

For the record, I don't feel I've ever been discriminated against because I'm a woman (with the exception of one old asshole who used to work at the auto parts store and thought I was too dumb to buy a car part, lol). I have, however, both seen and experienced quite a bit of class discrimination--people looking down their noses (at me, at others, with "others" including people of ALL colors and sexes) for being poor, and until KC I honestly thought most "racism" really came down to "classism." KC made me seriously re-evaluate that belief.

Thanks for the reply. I like knowing things from other peoples perspectives.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You sound ignorant. What's the ratio of Caucasian and Asian to Blacks who graduate with a master's in business? Are you suggesting colleges discriminate in admittance?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah, well see, heres the thing.

There is a difference between someone being made to feel a certain way because the actions of others are FACTUALLY designed to upset them as a result of their skin colour, and someone merely feeling a certain way because they feel threatened by everything as a result of their own insecurities.

There is, in fact a massive difference, because one of these things is exemplified by people of a certain colour being regularly mistreated, abused, and murdered in ever more interesting and deplorable ways over decades, while institutions apparently designed to uphold the law and promote justice do nothing, or worse, are involved with those events, and the other is overwhelmingly a bunch of entitled white folks, bitching about their lives despite not having to put up with any such thing in the entirety of recorded history.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

You are not "half white half Hispanic" you dude, you are a white Hispanic. Ffs, are you ashamed of your light colored skin or something? Do you fear retribution if you wholly accept your like skin?? Are the dark ones going to get you?? My parents were born in Colombia, and I was born in America. We are all light skinned, or what is commonly called white. #ing own it and stop being ashamed.hispanic is not a race, it's more of a culture based around a language. Hispanics can either be white, black ,or brown. I

Calling yourself half Hispanic to try and down play that you are white is frankly pathetic and simply sounds like you don't accidently want to get stomped on by racists who hate white folks.
Trust me, when your in a dark neighborhood with dark friends, Hispanic does not mean #. Either your black brown or white.

I used to play that # in grade school until I realized how pathetic it was to try and hide behind another culture to convince others you aren't white or something. I see it still today, and it is just a sad admission of a lack of confidence if you ask me. As an example, most Hispanics in Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, Colombia, and especially Spain are white. I just find it too insincere to try and down play the color of your skin by the fact you speak Spanish or have a relative that does.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightstalker78

What is this white privilege you speak of? I've never seen it. But apparently I have it and don't know it.

White privilege isn't about having special privileges for being white, it's about not encountering obstacles minorities often have to face. Non-minorities often take for granted things that are a greater hassle, degrading, or even impossible for a minority. Not saying it's as great as it once was, but the problem still exists. Just because you are ignorant of the times this happens to minorities doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

My wife is Korean, and we talk about this sometimes. She also took some classes in college regarding this topic, so it's an interesting chat topic for us. I don't always agree with her side of things, but she did open my eyes to many things that as a white person, I would take for granted, that for her and even more so for Hispanic and black people, can be an ordeal or even degrading.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightstalker78

I half agree with the OP. It's true in some cases. BUT as another poster said,and I can say this because I do hire people. It's all about how you present yourself. Show up to my interview dressed like a clown(not literally),thug or a slut... you aren't getting the job.No matter your color.

I'm not sure, I've been a poor white guy my whole life and like others have mentioned - I've been treated like dog# because of the clothes I wear and food I eat.

I don't experience white privilege, but I also don't get discriminated against nor am I "under attack," for being white.

I'm just drawing the comparisons to show how stupid both sides of the spectrum are.

One cannot have white privileged whilst also being discriminated against for being white.... someone is full of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Michelle Obama is Barack Obama's wife. Its just wife, right? Its not man-wife, husband, or any other term that suggests that she is now, or ever was, a male. You know why? Because thats a low, disgusting, cowardly thing to say about the woman, and shows that unlike Mrs Obama, you have no grace or elegance to your manner, or your soul.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Not if your inner rich or CEO level payrate.. their pay rates have doubled and tripled..

This is true, but if that CEO leads the company to new heights creating better and better jobs let them have their pay. The pay is almost moot compared to their leadership of what they can provide to their workers. The reason I say moot is as example if the CEO of Boeing gave up his entire salary that would generate a pay raise for all their workers of 2 bucks a week...lol

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You only need one parent that’s an American to be a legal American citizen ...

It wasn’t only racist.. it was also idiotic...

It was intentionally racist, everyone knew it was racist then, and everyone knows it is still racist now..

edit on 28-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

My wife is Filipino, born and lived there, not a US citizen. She says white privilege is more fake news than anything else. What is it your wife sees as a huge ordeal that is a non issue for you?

I think I found the problem, college class, might as well be fake news.
edit on 28-10-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You will tell your wifes life experiences and expect everyone to believe them and for them to open their minds to the belief only whites can be racist and only POC discriminated against.

Yet if I tell some to you, you would disregard them. People like you think its a one way road, a one sided pancake and would take others life experiences as exaggerations or lies.

Wife started a job many years ago. Got called a cracker by black co worker. In return she called them a co co puff. Wife gets sent to office and written up for a so called racial slur when she was called a slur FIRST. Co worker not reprimanded.

Son In pre k at 4 years old. Only 2 white kids in his class. Comes home daddy what is a cracker? Gets called a cracker by one of his 4 y/o class mates.

Me at 22 y/o trying to get a factory job in which my father worked at for 30 years and he was never once written up and always a hard worker. At the time I went through a temp agency to get hired as others did. I worked my ass off. Only people that got hired at the time were black and the human resource director was black as well. Was told by many co workers they had a quota to meet and dont expect me being white to get hired at the present time.

But you dont see that stuff, ya only see what you wanna see.

metro.co.uk...
Dear white people, you’re never racially discriminated against so shut up

An article telling white people to shut up. Imagine if there were an article telling POC to shut up.

www.youtube.com...

2017 New Years Resolutions for White Guys. Imagine the outrage if the word white was replaced with black.

nypost.com...

White free day on college campus.... Not racist at all right?

I can go on and on and on and on and on with examples...... Its a waste of time ... You have your narrative and will not admit its a 2 sided pancake.

It's just the mean ole white people, especially white men holding POC color down. The same people that have every right that ANYONE in this country has regardless of skin color.

edit on 28-10-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As I said before, you want to have a talk about discrimination then certainly lets have at it and see how we can make everyone's life better.

The second garbage like white privilege gets spewed you will put a lot of people that are interested in being fair on the defensive because it comes off as an attack on white people.

White people do get discriminated against as well, I have a house lived in it for 10 years in a predominately black neighborhood, we were treated different by our neighbors till they realized we were just quiet people that keep to ourselves but will happily share a BBQ and a pitcher of sweet tea.

I was treated differently in europe because of my clothes and my accent, I was treated differently up north in the states because of my clothes and my accent.

Discrimination occurs for so many reasons that it is intellectually bankrupt to boil it down to 1 thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join