It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of White Americans Say They Face Discrimination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

A majority of whites say discrimination against them exists in America today, according to a poll released Tuesday from NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

More than half of whites — 55 percent — surveyed say that, generally speaking, they believe there is discrimination against white people in America today. Hershman's view is similar to what was heard on the campaign trail at Trump rally after Trump rally. Donald Trump catered to white grievance during the 2016 presidential campaign and has done so as president as well.

www.npr.org...

Often times when discussing racial discrimination, and argument will inevitably come up that if you are not a minority, you don't know how they feel or what they go through.

So my question is if this poll is accurate, is it now appropriate for white people to say if your not white, you don't know what it feels like, and then therefore should not be allowed to comment on it?

I feel like these numbers will continue to rise as long as it is in vogue to call everything racist, and complain about whiteness. etc.

The more identity politics are pushed for some groups, the more the other groups will start to group themselves into groups based on gender or color on the other side.

If only we just treated each other as individuals.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You reap what you sow.

Or so the saying goes.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He is 68...

It has nothing to do with his color. Sorry.

I am half white/half hispanic..I am also a business man.

I can tell you with 100% certainty there is no such thing as discrimination based on color or how you look.

It has everything to do with how you present yourself and how you carry yourself around others.

edit on 26-10-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

neither of those things are true.

+45 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Grambler

neither of those things are true.

Ok let me see what I have learned in my college classes on why whiteness is evil.

Umm, ok here goes.

"You don't know what its like to be him! you need to unpack your invisible knapsack!

How dare you use your privilege to tell this person how to feel!!!!"

I think thats how it goes.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Simultaneously being discriminated against whilst having whites privilege

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Looks like people are buying into the racial divide that's being fueled by the media.

White people discriminated against? Lol. Name 5 black CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. Wait, you can't because there are only 4 of them.

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I had a Professor say to a class "if you are white, we don't need to hear from you this semester".

Enjoying the privilege...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What does that have to do with anything?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

It means white people are hardly discriminated against in America.

The "majority" of white Americans are watching too much TV and news.

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I experience anger from black people especially black muslims every single day, also having a conversation with any immigrant is like walking on egg shells, god forbid I ask them where their from
edit on 26-10-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i am not discriminated against and i do not know what it feels like but i will damn sure comment away

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The fact is anti-white sentiment is becoming more and more main stream, especially on university campuses. You can find students arguing the legitimacy of white genocide, you can find anti-white segregation and you can find outspoken hatred of whites promoted. I've witnessed it first hand.

Not to mention the discussion of racism in this country i focused solely on one group. That group is regularly blamed for everyone's ills. Over time people will feel more and more justified in their hatred.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And you're basing this on what exactly?
edit on 26-10-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That is beyond foolish. Guilt is not hereditary, good lord some people are dense.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

White people discriminated against? Lol. Name 5 black CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. Wait, you can't because there are only 4 of them.

LOL.

Name 2 black people in Trump's cabinet. Oh wait, you can't because there's only 1.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Discrimination is never going to go away.

It doesn't matter if you're white, black, brown, have big boobs or an awesome butt (me).

People will always discriminate.

The only time that people will not discriminate is when we all look the same and think the same.

We just need to grow up and realize that discrimination, in one form or another will always exist.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin
The fact is anti-white sentiment is becoming more and more main stream, especially on university campuses. You can find students arguing the legitimacy of white genocide, you can find anti-white segregation and you can find outspoken hatred of whites promoted. I've witnessed it first hand.

Not to mention the discussion of racism in this country i focused solely on one group. That group is regularly blamed for everyone's ills. Over time people will feel more and more justified in their hatred.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Kind of like Richard Spencer's "is black genocide right," essay?

I seriously lol at these alpha male bro-flakes talking about how they're being discriminated against, lol, it's entertainment for sure

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You reap what you sow.

Or so the saying goes.

Makes me wonder what everyone who says they feel this way sowed then.
edit on 26-10-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

it's entertainment unless you are one of five white boys living in a predominantly black neighborhood and you get robbed at gun point chased and other things happening, but that's none of my business

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin

I'm basing it on the fact that the "majority of the majority" cannot possibly feel like they're being discriminated against by minorities, the math doesn't add up unless the majority are watching too much news and TV where the race baiting is happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join