It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of White Americans Say They Face Discrimination

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
He is 68...

It has nothing to do with his color. Sorry.

I am half white/half hispanic..I am also a business man.

I can tell you with 100% certainty there is no such thing as discrimination based on color or how you look.

It has everything to do with how you present yourself and how you carry yourself around others.

The company that does discrimination is hurting themselves in the long run from not hiring the best they can and will fail at some point. Boy, I would love my competitors to do this....

edit on 27-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambleri am a white man who can say this white privilege is something i have rarely seen and not for more than 20 years now privilege of the wealthy i see everywhere. now i have been treated with scorn by african americans for years i have been labeled a skinhead , a racist bastard and worst by people who have never met me. most of my friends are african american as were 3 of my last 5 girlfriends all of which are good friends and their kids i treat like my own. but since i shave my head so i don't have homer simpson head i am labeled a neo nazi skinhead. i wore a black shirt with wolverine on it in highlight in red i got called to office because someone said it made them fee uncomfortable and they said i was a rascist because of it meanwhile lots of guys were wearing BIG JOHNSON SHIRTS AND NOBODY SAID A PEEP.

edit on 27-10-2017 by proteus33 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I can prove very quickly and very simply that white people are being discriminated against.

Frequently now, in movies and media programs, white people are spoken of in a very derogatory fashion. Its so hateful and derogatory, that if you substituted ANY other ethnic or racial group and spoke about them in the same way, there would be an instant national outcry of racism and hate speech. But, when its applied to white people, it ISNT. Why? Because its becoming socially acceptable, through the efforts of the media and Hollywood, to hate white people only. You can rail against white people till the cows come home on movies and TV but you CANT do the same with any other group without incurring mass outcry against you. WHY? Here is the key: people only get away with this kind of open hate speech when they are talking about whites. This didn't exist 20 years ago, but now its getting more and more prevalent. someone wants everyone to hate white people.
edit on 27-10-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Grambler
"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

neither of those things are true.

do u remember affirmative action?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When did the US become a nation of self-pitying snowflakes?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Hmm.. here is I was wondering how Trump got in and now it makes sense, if you're a snowflake then elect the biggest one. The man who can represent you best.

edit on 27-10-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
When did the US become a nation of self-pitying snowflakes?

man one thing I can't stand anymore is the tough guy bootstraps take care of my own you guys don't anything yall need to get your # together I am more intelligent attitude that everyone seems to have

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Butterfinger

As long as you were the right race at least....

If you were a minority though.. not so much...

I always think it’s hilarious when people pretend as if the past was better than the present..

Crime has constantly dropped, life expectancies are at all time highs, the internet exists...lol

But hey if you were white during segregation or slavery. That would have been better than being equal today.. I guess.. if your a crap human being..

But economically, things are worse across the board. So who cares if you have rights if you cant even afford to live a happy life? Economically speaking, I'd rather be Malcolm X in the 40s and 50s than me right now today. His opportunities were better. Even With the racism he faced, he still managed to get jobs. Have you ever read the autobiography of Malcolm X? Trust me, youd rather have extra racism if it meant having a better life economically.

Not if your inner rich or CEO level payrate.. their pay rates have doubled and tripled..

But the past was not better economiclly for everyone.. minorities have always gotten paid trash..

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
black person complains about racism, get over it, it happened hundreds of years ago, b.e.t, black colleges, blm, black history month!!!!!!

white person complains about racism - gets showered with praise.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
black person complains about racism, get over it, it happened hundreds of years ago, b.e.t, black colleges, blm, black history month!!!!!!

white person complains about racism - gets showered with praise.

that is if you let all this racial crap get to you. as far as i'm concerned there is discrimination everywhere and by all walks of life. i just try and be a good person and give others the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

A) if you win or lose the quarterback gets all the credit/blame...

Old white men have been the quarterbacks..

So most if not all our INSTITUTIONAL problems would be the fault of old white guys...

Not all the old white guys obviously , but the few hundred who actually have made all the decisions the last century or 2 have almost exclusively been old and white and men...

B) who attacked you for being a racist for criticizing obama??!

Was it friends and family?? Co workers??? Or random internet people???

Because only true first two count.. people say anything on the internet ...often just to get heat..

I heard this claim for years.. “anyone who criticizes obama is called a racist.”

But I’ve criticized obama for almost a decade and never had someone call me a racist (I’m white).

Not saying this applys to you, but those pretending obama was born in Kenya, were using a racist angle for sure..

I have just constantly heard that claim and have never seen it happen.. nor without the criticism having strong racist undertones at least...

That and that people worshipped obama ..also never seen it..

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's not just race, it's gender as well. Women, as well as "any" color or nationality for the most part, get first pick of colleges, jobs, escalated positions and pay within the job etc. I know they will deny it, because that's what always happens. Women and "other races" just simply deny it, even though it's the big elephant in the room that everyone knows about.
Men are either just too scared to mention it for fear of feminist backlash, BLM or NAACP backlash, or some men try to be chivalrous white knights (or whipped male feminists)...again, so as to not get the backlash, or because they think that if they take the side of women, that they will eventually score, because women will see them as understanding allies in a world quite clearly hellbent on punishing women. Cause that's what men do to attract women right? We punish them LOL. Even though they will deny it, you cannot deny that 'Affirmative Action'...that every color and gender enjoys, EXCEPT WHITE MEN. I don't care what one says to blow smoke up our @$$es...this is true and CANNOT be refuted. I was passed up myself for college once, for an IT education, because they would only let women into the college that I tried for in Saskatchewan Canada. I had to move to a province on the other side of the country to be accepted. I now have my degree, because I finally found a man, who didn't fall for this feminist crap. The fact is that Affirmative Action pushes (so called) minorities to the front of the line, and white men get left behind.

The way I see it...women can vote, and have been able to for generations. There is not shortage of women in the workplace, and that MYTH about 70 cents on the dollar is BS (this has been proven, because of the factors that they 'leave out' during their calculation, for instance, the more dangerous jobs, are the higher paying jobs...and women simply don't want to do those jobs).
Almost every woman I know has higher pay than I do or any other guy on our team. Hell, we even have 1 female on our team...and she gets paid more than the rest of us men. She's got me beat by $3.00 an hour...and I was on the team before her, and she doesn't even have any college degree. She learned all that she knows from us in the team. No lie. I taught her a great deal myself. She actually departed this info to me one day, because we are good friends.

There are major movie starts and musicians that are women, they are all up in our government, and plenty of other powerful positions. For instance Oprah, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama etc. There is a full list of women Billionaires you can simply look up online.

Why are they still getting favoritism? What do they still get Affirmative Action assistance....when they no longer need it. They are no longer minorities...and if you ask me....they never were. This whole spill about men treating them like crap in the 20's doesn't match up with the history of men always feeling like they had to protect women, as men have always seen them as a fairer sex. They used to put their jackets over mud puddles for them for god's sake. It wasn't until this man hating feminism started, that all of this PRIVILEGE started for women. They then have the audacity to scream in men's faces, telling us to "check our male privilege". Speak up women...what is this male privilege you speak of? list some examples...because I have plenty of examples for you. Just ask I will feed you an entire list. I dare you to ask.

Women have (most of the time) better paying jobs than men, and are always considered first for managerial positions, where they rule over men. Again, I have witnessed this, and lived it for at least 13 years, every job I have had, I have had female managers. Even where I work now, in a job predominately all men...we have two female managers above our manager (in name only) which is male. In reality, he has absolutely NO POWER at all. He has told me this himself, as he is a good friend of mine from before those women managers got there (who then screwed the whole system up, making everyone depressed on the team, and looking for other jobs). It was great before they got there, and the operations ran smoothly.
They only put him in charge of the team, because they knew that having a female manager physically on the team of 12 men and 1 woman, may cause some friction (before you say anything, she is the ONLY female that has applied for our job, women are not being held down, most just don't want to do I.T.)...so they think they're smart, and placed him there to boss him and us around, via proxy. Again, he told me that he really has no authority, and that all calls for our IT team, come from above him. He realizes that he was just placed there in an attempt to fool us into believing that he was our actual manager.

I don't care what anyone says...Affirmative Action is favoritism, and puts women and color in front of everyone else, despite the credentials or experience. I think the real reason is that the government wants to emasculate men, so that there will never be another 1776, where we whipped their butts. Now, we have a country (a world actually) of metro-sexual, emasculated, imprisoned, and guys who don't even know what the hell to be (man or woman), as women ask the question.."where have all the real men gone?" You turned them into pansies, that's where they've gone.

Favoritism for women over men in the schools and jobs are only the beginning...courts do the same for women. How many times have you heard a woman threaten a man, telling him that she will take him for all he's worth in court and make sure he never sees his child again...Where do you suppose such confidence in a statement comes from? Many women can even accuse a man of rape or groping, and he is guilty even before his court date. Even if he is rendered innocent in a court of law, women still demonize him, and his life is over. How do you suppose THIS happens? At any rate...it's real and only an ignorant person (or a young boy who hasn't experience women..basically ignorant) can't see or admit it. I am begging someone to ask me to prove this, and ask me for a list of all of the benefits (or privilege) that women have over men...again, I ask in return a list where men have privilege over women. What is this male privilege I keep hearing about?

* As for you male feminists who will undoubtedly chime in. Just shut up in advance. Everyone knows why you are helping women out...because you're a weak willed White Knight who thinks that women are going to favor you, in return for your allegiance. Here's a wake up call. I have had talks with women who have "friends" like you, and they tell me all because they know I simply just choose to be a man..not their protector. They laugh at you and use you as a footstool for whatever it is that they want. They even laugh at you when in groups or parties. They despise you, because you are not a true man...you're a weak willed coward who agrees with everything a woman says and does, and they secretly hate you for it. They still use you however because you let them, and they get what they want. If you are a male feminist...you're an idiot on both sides of the gender fence.

Kayla Luv...you're up to bat. Let's hear it, how I hate women and all that jazz. Before you do however, just know that I have been married (to a woman) for 19 years...and she agrees with everything I have just said up there. She doesn't partake of this favoritism. She works hard for everything.
edit on 27-10-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Kansas City, Missouri. I lived on the very edge of Westport, near 39th and Troost. My kids went to school at Southwest High School, which went through 6 principals in the single year my kids attended. I worked at Fritz's in Crown Center and though management was great, there was a LOT of racism from crew for many months.

edit on 28-10-2017 by riiver because: (no reason given)

For the record, I don't feel I've ever been discriminated against because I'm a woman (with the exception of one old asshole who used to work at the auto parts store and thought I was too dumb to buy a car part, lol). I have, however, both seen and experienced quite a bit of class discrimination--people looking down their noses (at me, at others, with "others" including people of ALL colors and sexes) for being poor, and until KC I honestly thought most "racism" really came down to "classism." KC made me seriously re-evaluate that belief.
edit on 28-10-2017 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Everyone is discriminated against individually for any number of reasons in the course of their life.

I believe that racial and other xenophobic discrimination sadly exists in all people.

However, it is still a fact that across the board in this country, an overwhelming majority of the individuals in positions of power in virtually all levels of government, business, industry and even academia are White men.

When systemic racism and discrimination are considered the incidence of White people being the victims are few and far between.

Also, the results of a single poll generally say nothing and are typically used, as here, as a mere talking point.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I experience anger from black people especially black muslims every single day, also having a conversation with any immigrant is like walking on egg shells, god forbid I ask them where their from

oh noes! you experience anger! ARE YOU OKAY??? That's almost as bad as being disproportionately targeted by police, or disproportionately shot by police, or facing racism every single day of your life, or any of the many other things that people who are ACTUALLY discriminated against deal with. That comment is so insanely stupid and moronic that it's almost impressive.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

More than half of whites — 55 percent — surveyed say that, generally speaking, they believe there is discrimination against white people in America today

Well that sorta thing doesn't just happen overnight therefore primarily I blame Obama and his husband and their closet 'whitey must pay' conduct. I also blame BLM - the anti-white / anti-police racist hate group. But most of all I blame CNN and the retards for giving them all lots of air-time to spew their crap in all directions in the hopes some of it will stick.

You may as well have typed "I'm an uninformed, uneducated, worthless, scumbag.moron." Because that's basically what your post is announcing, loud and clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Try going to india or Egypt or China as a blonde-haired, fair-skinned person. So-called privilege doesn't get you very far.

Well seeing as how were talking about race relations in the US, that is completely and utterly irrelevant. Completely pointless.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Looks like people are buying into the racial divide that's being fueled by the media.

White people discriminated against? Lol. Name 5 black CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. Wait, you can't because there are only 4 of them.

Geee ... Can I play?

Quick name five states that start with the letter "A." Wait, you can't because there are only four of them.

Way to pick a number and then set a goal one more than that and claim racism is to blame.

Way to completely miss the point, you disingenuous clown. That's 4.... out of 500 companies. He could have picked a much larger number, and his point would still stand.
Not that I would expect any less from the person who cites being treated poorly in India as proof that white ampeople are discriminated against in the US, or that people shouldn't use pain medication because they could just use ice packs instead. You're an embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I can believe it. Known people personally who have experienced discrimination, being white, and have myself as well. For some years now, the trend has been to not only demand more for non-whites, but to also demonize people simply for being white. IN recent years, I have observed race relations become worse than I have ever seen them, in decades. I thought, growing up they'd continue to improve, but the previous administration sure changed that!

if you think race relations have never been worse, you're either incredibly disingenuous or incredibly stupid. Segregation? Jim Crow laws? Etc etc? You don't think that was maybe a little bit worse?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I remember race relations were a hell of a lot better 8 years ago before something happened...

Yes. Before a bunch of racist idiots got upset about having a black president and suddenly felt that their dominance was threatened. Good job for noticing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join