It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My goodness he is some character isn't he? It just never stops. The pile of dirt from Trump and this administration grows day by day.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump “did disrespect my son” with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson. She also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Myeshia Johnson that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Oh there's this, further down the article:

Trump lashed back at Wilson. He denied her account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had “proof” that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate,

www.washingtonpost.com...

He'll elaborate further huh? Just like he was going to elaborate further on his so called investigators in Hawaii who "could not believe" what they found on Obama. Or maybe the time he elaborated further with us on his plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days? I mean we're still waiting for him to elaborate with us on Tax returns he promised at the beginning of his campaign.

Maybe his supporters can elaborate with us once again on this situation with the fallen soldier and Trumps twitter comments.

I'll leave this:

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

“She was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ ”

Myeshia Johnson confirmed the account described above.

Let's not forget, this entire situation has been blown from Trump himself when he decided to make a big deal about Obama supposedly not visiting or contacting the parents of fallen soldiers. Just like the anthem kneeling incident, he's blown the matter online, and now here we are, once again. It's a circus.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

edit on 18-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If true, what did you expect?

He's a genuine asshole. But we knew that going in. What's changed?

A phone call? Four men, the best that the U.S. military has to offer, die under your watch, and you call?

A visit maybe, or bring them to the White House? Attend their funerals? This isn't asking a whole lot, IMHO. You send 'em off to war, you can look their family in the eyes and tell 'em why.

Anything else is cowardice.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Its unerstandable that the wife feels anger but the facts are that all wives or husbands of fallen heroes hear the same speech.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Trump wasn’t wrong, I just recently got out of the military after 20 years. My mother was a wreck every time I deployed. It is what you sign up for, country before self. That’s why it’s the real 1% club to be in, I commend the fallen, they were all brave, all brave for their sacrifice. It’s sad that they lost their life.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Its unerstandable that the wife feels anger but the facts are that all wives or husbands of fallen heroes hear the same speech.

What their told “they knew what they were getting into”

I doubt it.

That’s sounds like a Trump original

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I disagree, soldiers know what they sign up for, the last thing a family wants is to have some politician disrupt their time of mourning, the security alone would make it nearly impossible for guests to pay their respect.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: thesaneone

What their told “they knew what they were getting into”

I doubt it.

That’s sounds like a Trump original

You forgot to add the other half of that quote.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That is the hard truth

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

What difference does it make?

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, she should stop being so sensitive about her son dying.

/sarc

what does political affiliation have to do with a loved one dying while in service to their country?

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

Quit your constant crying already.
The Leftist butt hurt is is off the charts with anything Trump does or says.
You will never be #ing happy with anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Of course they know. As soon as you’re deployed you know there is high chance of something going sideways.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have little doubt it'll be used as an attack against Trump.

Family so busted up by the tragedy that they have to use the death as ammunition against a political rival.

On a tragic plus side, perhaps this case may provide the military with a means of saving tons of money down the road.

Rather than providing $450,000+ to EVERY soldier that dies (as they do now) we could simply start a GoFundMe as this family did to raise an additional $million.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't think people should really expect Trump to have empathy for anyone at this point.

Unless it's someone who just had something spilled on their $100,000 rug by one of their servants.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You can say that again...

It wouldn’t have mattered who the president was, it would have still been the same outcome. He’s just more truthful and in your face with it, no beating around the bush with him. The truth isn’t always easy.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That rug really tied the room together, dude.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, she should stop being so sensitive about her son dying.

/sarc

what does political affiliation have to do with a loved one dying while in service to their country?

Because if you're an anti-trump fanatic, you will make up lies. Democrats are doing that all the time, that is nothing new. The only surprising thing is that families will put politics and Trump hatred above grieving and healing.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Great quote!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join