It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Any recording of this phone call? Or are we to the point where hearsay is proof?

You have these women saying that the phone call went one way, and the people in the office when Trump made the call say it didn't go that way. Any proof of either side's story?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes, they do. They do it willingly. I've nothing but respect for them for doing so.

That is not, however, something you tell a grieving family. It'd be better not to say anything at all, don't you think?

Invite them, if you're going to speak with them, to the White House, give 'em a hug, tell them how brave they were, have a meal with them so they can talk about their boy, or something like that. Not "they knew what they were getting into", however true it may be.

He was wrong. He couldn't have goofed in any worse had he set out to do it deliberately.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Kelly and others were in the room and said Trump was respectful.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Willtell
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

Quit your constant crying already.
The Leftist butt hurt is is off the charts with anything Trump does or says.
You will never be #ing happy with anything.

Maybe they will petition Congress to carve themselves out from the upcoming Trump tax reductions. back up their mean-spirited words with some concrete action for once.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

He was wrong.

How so, we're you in that room when the call came in?

I can't believe some of you are eating this story up.

Talk about disrespecting our heroes.

😡

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

He was wrong.

How so, we're you in that room when the call came in?

I can't believe some of you are eating this story up.

Talk about disrespecting our heroes.

😡

How I know: Trumps quote was truncated, leaving out half of what he said.

Anyone telling the truth doesn't have to lie by omission.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Kelly and others were in the room and said Trump was respectful.

He was. The Widow at the end even said Thank You mr. President.

Perhaps the same people got to her, who paid women to say that Donald Trump groped them and raped them.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How is questioning someones tact, disrespecting the fallen soldier? I've said nothing against the young man, never will.

If it's not the truth, then I'll owe the President an apology, won't I?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

How is questioning someones tact, disrespecting the fallen soldier? I've said nothing against the young man, never will.

If it's not the truth, then I'll owe the President an apology, won't I?

Then why jump the gun and say that the president was disrespectful?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22782461]carewemust

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

I know.. I know. She would tell their families that at this point what difference does it make.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
Here is an elaboration for you, I don't give a #! More supermarket tabloids and non-issues. We got better things to worry about, Like the impending civil war in Iraq or the stock market crash that will follow a massive de-valuation of the Chinese currency to ours once the communist party meeting is over at the end of the month with their new five year plan. Whatever he may or may not have said is between him and the individuals involved. None of my concern or the nations frankly.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: seagull

Then why jump the gun and say that the president was disrespectful?

Maybe because he doesn't have the greatest track record with being tactful?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

Maybe they will petition Congress to carve themselves out from the upcoming Trump tax reductions. back up their mean-spirited words with some concrete action for once.

That's a laugh.
Concrete action from them is taking a knee or heading down to an Antifa rally.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Wednesday said President Donald Trump’s chief of staff John Kelly thought Trump’s phone call to the widow of a U.S. soldier killed in Niger was “respectful” and “completely appropriate.”

This is all i need to know if general Kelly was ok with what was said i know he would never ever disrespect a service member. That means politics has entered this though i suspected it would the minute i found out she took the phone call in the congresswomans limo.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux
Any recording of this phone call? Or are we to the point where hearsay is proof?

You have these women saying that the phone call went one way, and the people in the office when Trump made the call say it didn't go that way. Any proof of either side's story?

I agree here Simon. What proof in either direction. None from what I have heard. One side could certainly have a bias while the other another bias. But here is my question. Trump says he has proof of his side. Where is that proof? Why has he not brought it forth? Why say he has proof and then not present it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It’s not an easy job telling them that their son was killed in the first place but it’s a lot easier to tell them they died doing what they signed up for instead of them dying in a drunk driving accident or something else along those lines, neither is easy.

Trump never wants to appear weak, no matter what it is and plus most people that have lost their lives are never even talked about by the president, it’s an honor that he even knew about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

It's gotten to the point I can look at your name and just asume you will deflect to Clinton.

The point is ALL the politicians including your hero are using these soldiers as propaganda.

It's not any better for trump.

Kelly wanted his family kept private. But politics.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That's a laugh.

The tax returns raising 30 percent of the middle classes taxes by lowering exemptions?

Maybe read the proposals before jumping aboard.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Well said, politics don’t belong in these cases

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

That's a laugh.

The tax returns raising 30 percent of the middle classes taxes by lowering exemptions?

Maybe read the proposals before jumping aboard.

I am in that 30%, but I will more than make up for it with increased income from a growing robust economy.. just like I did in the late 1980s when Reagan's tax cuts and tax reform went online.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join