It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Considering the Congress woman is Fredrica Wilson, a buck dancing, bojangling buffoon of the highest order, my spidey sense tells me the soldier's wife is being manipulated.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

No kidding. But it doesn't excuse trump either.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I do feel the same. Let the poor woman grieve! Politics be damned!

But if I wanted to place political blame, who is worse? The one who maybe bungled a phone call harder than I can imagine, or the one who used that fact maliciously to increase the grief?

I could not do better than Trump did on the words used... but I could have certainly kept my political desires out of the situation.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I do feel the same. Let the poor woman grieve! Politics be damned!

But if I wanted to place political blame, who is worse? The one who maybe bungled a phone call harder than I can imagine, or the one who used that fact maliciously to increase the grief?

I could not do better than Trump did on the words used... but I could have certainly kept my political desires out of the situation.

TheRedneck

I don't blame trump for the call at all. I mean it was poorly thought out, particularly forgetting his name.

I blame him for bringing up how much better he is for calling "some" of the soldiers families and bringing up John Kelly'so son. I seriously doubt the very private and dignified man wanted that at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think he's saying those around him when he made the call, or received the call, which ever way it went, are his proof. Which again is just hearsay to me, same as the ladies version.

Although, imo I don't think Kelly would lie for Trump if he was being disrespectful about a fallen soldier.

I'm leaning that way also, with Kelly saying he was not being disrespectful. I will not claim ''disrespect'' on Trumps part as as I do not think he would consciously do that in these cases. However his lack of tact in the event he did make this statement is glaring. I can easily suppose that he was trying to make small talk, to engage in camaraderie with this woman beyond the''official'' call he was making. I think he may have been trying to ''reach out'' and be real with her, it's just that he has a penchant for saying the wrong things.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Seems to me the democrats twisting Trump's words for political gain is the true disrespect, just like immediately disrespecting the victims of Vegas with political gun control nonsense.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
My goodness he is some character isn't he? It just never stops. The pile of dirt from Trump and this administration grows day by day.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump “did disrespect my son” with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson. She also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Myeshia Johnson that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Oh there's this, further down the article:

Trump lashed back at Wilson. He denied her account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had “proof” that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate,

www.washingtonpost.com...

He'll elaborate further huh? Just like he was going to elaborate further on his so called investigators in Hawaii who "could not believe" what they found on Obama. Or maybe the time he elaborated further with us on his plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days? I mean we're still waiting for him to elaborate with us on Tax returns he promised at the beginning of his campaign.

Maybe his supporters can elaborate with us once again on this situation with the fallen soldier and Trumps twitter comments.

I'll leave this:

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

“She was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ ”

Myeshia Johnson confirmed the account described above.

Let's not forget, this entire situation has been blown from Trump himself when he decided to make a big deal about Obama supposedly not visiting or contacting the parents of fallen soldiers. Just like the anthem kneeling incident, he's blown the matter online, and now here we are, once again. It's a circus.

There is nothing disrespectful about that, she's disrespecting the deceased. You sign up for the military, you are saying "I'm okay with going into armed combat" and anyone who goes into armed combat has the very real chance of death. You don't join the armed forced and just get teddy bears, candy dinners under a moonlit rainbow, like, wtf.

The widow is a democrat that thinks trump is racist, so she took what he said like a "micro aggression" and that's exactly the problem with micro aggression. They aren't showing a bias in the person who makes the statement, they are definitively showing the bias of the person who's offended and labels it a micro aggression.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah, he's a tool.

But I would point out that if there wasn't a lie being propagated by media, he likely would not have felt compelled to do so. And while I may have disdain for Trump, it isn't due to this....but my disdain for media certainly grew because of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am the opposite. I expect nothing of the media.

Of the president I do.

Certainly not using fallen soldiers. At some point you have to be the bigger man.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

As I understand it, Wilson was the reason the whole deal was even brought up, and it was MSM reporters that pushed Trump for information on the call (to which he probably did do some bragging; I have never claimed he didn't have an ego that could drop global temperatures if deployed in the atmosphere). Feel free to correct me if my facts are off about the timeline of the story.

And yes, I will agree the call wording was definitely not his greatest moment... let him without sin throw the first stone.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It appears many in America want an anchorman or therapist as their leader, not so that he/she could lead mind you, but so that he/she can string together lullabies in the service of placating the populace.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It doesn't really matter to me. A real man takes his lumps to protect the fallen heroes period.

Or its only for his ego.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
“She was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’"

oh my, he can't get anything right

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or a thoughtless reality star egomaniac.

In reality about 70 percent of us want someone in the middle.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And a real woman knows when to shut her pie-hole to protect those she claims to have been comforting.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this went down the way it is being reported.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

And a real woman knows when to shut her pie-hole to protect those she claims to have been comforting.

TheRedneck

In total agreement. She disgusts me as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You forgot to add successful billionaire. But yeah I'm sure there are plenty of therapeutic and and self-help services where you live.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't believe for a second that's how the convo went down.

Ps- Isn't it funny how the Hillery Russian bribery scandal disappeared ?
edit on 18-10-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You forgot to add successful billionaire. But yeah I'm sure there are plenty of therapeutic and and self-help services where you live.

Succeful depends I suppose. He certainly wasn't until he stopped running his resorts. It helps to get the family business and millions to start though.

Pretty sure drug lords are sucessful billionaires as well..maybe they should run the country.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join