It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
a reply to: luthier

Well said, politics don’t belong in these cases

It's too bad the brave Soldiers Widow did not get that memo.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Well said, politics don’t belong in these cases

It's too bad the brave Soldiers Widow did not get that memo.

Obviously you don't know any. No soldier wants his death used as propaganda. No soldiers family does. The politicians will prey on them your not for the soldiers your for partisan hacks.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That’s true but I also understand that she is grieving and wants him to be commended for his bravery(hopefully). It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rowdyrich

How many soldiers go into battle thinking I hope a president can use my death to divide the nation I am protecting?

Probably a few but not many.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I’ve never met one. I know I wouldn’t have wanted it either.

To be honest, most that I served with never voted, we always carried out the orders that our commander and chief wanted, of course there was some grumbling but it was our job, our duty.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I’ve never met one. I know I wouldn’t have wanted it either.

To be honest, most that I served with never voted, we always carried out the orders that our commander and chief wanted, of course there was some grumbling but it was our job, our duty.

Yes,

Country before politics.

Some will never get that and do everything possible to get their perceived enemy...

Hopefully the new center movement takes off and people learn to talk again without going to the script.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Willtell
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

Quit your constant crying already.
The Leftist butt hurt is is off the charts with anything Trump does or says.
You will never be #ing happy with anything.

Maybe they will petition Congress to carve themselves out from the upcoming Trump tax reductions. back up their mean-spirited words with some concrete action for once.

That's a laugh.
Concrete action from them is taking a knee or heading down to an Antifa rally.

The tax returns raising 30 percent of the middle classes taxes by lowering exemptions?

Maybe read the proposals before jumping aboard.

Nancy polisi and crew are including taxpayers earning $154,900 and above in 2027 they would see their taxes increase, according to the TPC table,hich shows 53.4 percent of the top quintile with an average tax increase of $4,400. But 46.4 percent in that group see an average tax cut of $27,910.

So the question becomes is this middle class ? And even them almosthalf will save a significant amount of money. The issue is California and New York has high state taxes and no longer be able to deduct it from their taxes. Have their states lower taxes and they will be fine.
edit on 10/18/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Willtell
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

Quit your constant crying already.
The Leftist butt hurt is is off the charts with anything Trump does or says.
You will never be #ing happy with anything.

Maybe they will petition Congress to carve themselves out from the upcoming Trump tax reductions. back up their mean-spirited words with some concrete action for once.

That's a laugh.
Concrete action from them is taking a knee or heading down to an Antifa rally.

The tax returns raising 30 percent of the middle classes taxes by lowering exemptions?

Maybe read the proposals before jumping aboard.

Nancy polisi and crew are including taxpayers earning $154,900 and above in 2027 they would see their taxes increase, according to the TPC table, which shows 53.4 percent of the top quintile with an average tax increase of $4,400. But 46.4 percent in that group see an average tax cut of $27,910.

So the question becomes is this middle class ? And even them almosthalf will save a significant amount of money.

Well it depends correct? Why not include Rand Paul's as well...

What is middle class in expensive locations?

Haven't even discussed the budget yet...

Rand Paul quote. Not a Democrat. Probably the most conservative senator in Washington.

It doesn’t take a math genius to figure out that if your rate is the same, and your brackets are the same, but large deductions are eliminated, you will pay more taxes. This is families in the $75,000 to $200,000 range, for sure.

edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

No attempt to put that comment into context so it's not misconstrued? No, of course not. That wouldn't be as demeaning.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I cannot imagine the anguish this poor woman is going through. Her beloved husband, a hero by any stretch of definition, is gone forever from her life. I can think of no way possible to break such news that could be considered truly 'tactful.'

I am only glad it wasn't me having to make that call. I would not know what to say or how to say it. I would probably just not say anything until she hung up... not out of any disrespect, but out of lack of knowing what to say.

He said Sgt. Johnson "knew what he was signing up for." I see one side saying that was disrespectful, that it was some sort of a dismissal of the tragedy. But I hear it a different way: he knew what could happen, but he was brave enough to go anyway. He was a hero, not for dying in service, but for having the bravery to go into service knowing that was a possibility. The former sounds disrespectful, but the latter sounds quite different. I will choose to believe Trump meant the latter.

But regardless of what he said or how he said it, Trump didn't have to make that call. He could have written a letter (or had a professional write it and sign it). It would have been easier, faster, less dangerous politically. He could have never said a word. But no, he called... the leader of the free world took the time to make a phone call to a grieving widow. I'll not fault him for that. No one should fault him for that.

The wife of a fallen hero is heartbroken... she is devastated. She is not responsible for her words, her actions, her interpretation of what was said. I give her a well-deserved pass. I will not fault her for what was done or said in such a time of mourning.

I will fault those who chose to politicize this story... Fredricka Wilson is a piece of sub-human filth that doesn't deserve the oxygen she is wasting. The reporters at the Washington Post fall in the same category. They are trying to score political points on the grave of a fallen hero using the tears of a grieving widow. How despicable, how deplorable, how absolutely reprehensible can a person be? There is apparently no limit to the depths of depravity these animals will stoop to. A possum has more compassion, a rattlesnake more empathy, a sewer rat more decorum.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson, may you rest in peace, sir. You deserve all my respect. Cowanda Jones-Johnson, may you be comforted by a power higher than myself, for I have no power to comfort you as much as you deserve or need. Donald Trump, thank you for trying.

Fredricka Wilson, may God have mercy on whatever soul you may still possess...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: thesaneone

Then why jump the gun and say that the president was disrespectful?

Maybe because he doesn't have the greatest track record with being tactful?

You are correct.

However, in this case, the details that we know are true:

- the report of what he said was made by a Democratic congresswoman who happened to be with the family when he called.
- the wife has said nothing other than "thank you" when hanging up
- the mom has reiterated that he stated what he claims he stated (i.e., she isn't leaving the quote half finished like the hack politician who is betraying her sons honor)
- the report of what he said is a lie by omission

With all of the above being true, Im left to assume that DJT said what he said, and the DNC Congresswoman decided to make hay in a way that was so weak she had to lie about it just to get it to gain any media traction

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think he's saying those around him when he made the call, or received the call, which ever way it went, are his proof. Which again is just hearsay to me, same as the ladies version.

Although, imo I don't think Kelly would lie for Trump if he was being disrespectful about a fallen soldier.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So trump pointing fingers that other presidents are not as patriotic as him isn't propaganda?

Got it..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I know what I'm going to say won't be popular, but it has been my experience that leftists don't like the military or veterans any way.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I honestly don't care if it's propaganda or not.

A HERO IS DEAD. THE FAMILY OF THAT HERO IS GRIEVING THEIR LOSS.

And pieces of filth are trying to push a political agenda on the misery.

Nothing else matters to me. Nor should it to you.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I honestly don't care if it's propaganda or not.

A HERO IS DEAD. THE FAMILY OF THAT HERO IS GRIEVING THEIR LOSS.

And pieces of filth are trying to push a political agenda on the misery.

Nothing else matters to me. Nor should it to you.

TheRedneck

Out of the two of us I was the one to say all politicians.

Just saying.

Thank you for clarifying you feel the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm guessing everytime a Democrat family member dies in war, we'll get these threads, and hear the MSM cry about Trump?

What a bunch of scum low life leftist to put politics to a family death.

The left is sick in the head.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
I'm guessing everytime a Democrat family member dies in war, we'll get these threads, and hear the MSM cry about Trump?

What a bunch of scum low life leftist to put politics to a family death.

The left is sick in the head.

You should include the president using his superior phone calling as propaganda in a serious private situation for the heroes that die for this nation.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So, say nothing?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes say nothing. Particularly use a soldiers family who wished to keep his family private as John Kelly has.

You do good deeds for the deeds not the recognition or they are merely intentions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join