It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Host Jemele Hill Suspended for New Tweets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Jemele Hill was suspended for two weeks over a string of tweets regarding the ongoing national anthem distraction and Jerry Jones's decision to bench any players who don't stand for the anthem.

One of the tweets as reported by TMZ:

If you strongly reject what Jerry Jones said, the key is his advertisers. Don't place the burden squarely on the players

TMZ - Jemele Hill Suspended By ESPN Over Jerry Jones Tweets

ESPN clearly feels Hill crossed the line and hit her with a 2 week suspension.

"Jemele Hill has been suspended for two weeks for a second violation of our social media guidelines," ESPN says.

"She previously acknowledged letting her colleagues and company down with an impulsive tweet. In the aftermath, all employees were reminded of how individual tweets may reflect negatively on ESPN and that such actions would have consequences. Hence this decision."

Hill had been in hot water before after calling Donald Trump a "white supremacist."

I'm sure opinions will vary here. I personally see this differently from compelling civilians to perform patriotic displays in public on demand. I don't support that at although I do acknowledge the NFL team owners' legal rights to bench players if it's somehow covered by the player's contracts.
edit on 2017-10-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
She's a slow learner I think.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You don't screw with the money flow... she let her mouth get away from her brain and is paying the price for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
finally. a suspension for violation of code of conduct. justified and apt.

Twitter should suspend her account as well...
talking heads almost never have much to say.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Twitter can suspend whomever they wish but why do you think they should suspend her account?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
She'll make a bunch speaking on the side come back it two weeks and see if she can out stupid herself. Vegas would give good odds on that.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A black radical couldn't hold her tongue because she is caught up in the atmosphere her fake news media surroundings provide.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Makes sense considering she wants to boycott advertisers that help pay her own salary.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You don't screw with the money flow... she let her mouth get away from her brain and is paying the price for it.

I imagine she knew when she did it that she was risking a suspension. Agree with her not, if she knew the stakes and felt that saying what she wanted to say was worth the risk, that's a reasoned decision not poor impulse control.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Black privilege?
A white sportscaster would have gotten more than a suspension.....lol

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I imagine she knew when she did it that she was risking a suspension. Agree with her not, if she knew the stakes and felt that saying what she wanted to say was worth the risk, that's a reasoned decision not poor impulse control.

You are giving her far too much credit.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea Bill Simmons:

Back in 2014, ESPN suspended Bill Simmons for criticizing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. The following year his contract was not renewed by the network.

Fox News

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Dear Jemele Hill

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Typical loud mouth egotistical black woman with a self entitled platform.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
People gotta realize that if you're in a high profile job, anything you say publicly is going to reflect back on your employer and get you in deep water. I can't say for sure about ESPN, but many employers these days have a strict policy on posting via social media anything that has to do with your place of employment.

One of my kids got a PT job at McD's and even they stated that posting about the company is a violation of the job contract and will get you fired.

Also as stated already, pretty stupid to bring in a threat of ad loss when it's those ad dollars keeping her employed.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
A black radical couldn't hold her tongue because she is caught up in the atmosphere her fake news media surroundings provide.

If she was white and saying things that agreed with your bizarre extremist worldview, you'd elect her President.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Isn't she special....Special education that is.

Man she is dense one. Report the stats hun, no one cares about your personal leanings.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If she was white and saying things that agreed with your bizarre extremist worldview, you'd elect her President.

Wow, the irony of you calling someone else an extremist.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
finally. a suspension for violation of code of conduct. justified and apt.

Twitter should suspend her account as well...
talking heads almost never have much to say.

I don't think Twitter should suspend her account however I think she needs to realize her tweets have an effect on her professional life....a lesson she is currently in the middle of.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Wow, the irony of you calling someone else an extremist.

Irony is too big of a word for some to understand....Same as hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join