It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes bad people do bad things

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I agree that making more laws will not help. I think felons who have served their time and have shown that they have changed should have their 2nd Amendment right back, especially when they have families. Which is pretty odd because the "shall not be infringed" part is pretty clear.

I am pleased to 100% agree with you.

Common ground makes me happy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It is the hearts of men that must change.
Mankind is without guidance and the results are what we see.
Greed runs rampant and creates power that results in exactly
what we see in our world, in this rigid unforgiving world of wicked
people, where the laws are made to protect and serve only to them
selves. Example upon example is easily seen in powder puff laws
that allow pedophiles to see the light of day after being convicted.
The commoners just bump into each other asking why oh why?
The answer is so obvious. The laws are made by pedophiles.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It won't bring the dead wife back. Nothing will. It won't stop other husbands from killing their wives. Husbands who want to will just keep killing wives. It will never end.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It is the hearts of men that must change. Mankind is without guidance and the results are what we see.

Sorry randy but this pure hippy bs.

What kind of guidance do we need, God? Plenty of people kill in the name of their God.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think, before we tackle issues as complex as this, we first must acknowledge that bad people exist for no other reason than to do bad things to innocent people.

I've never advocated "doing nothing".

If there is a law that congress can pass that'll bring back the 59 who recently died, I'd sure as #### like to hear it.

Because everything else we do now is after the fact.

There is no law that will bring them back, therefore there is nothing that will bring them back, therefore there is nothing to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ying Yang a balance. Good and evil. The beast that is fed the most can overcome the weak one. It is not that we are starving the beast as it is always there, it cant starve.

As I also said, balance.

But there can be no balance if one overcomes the other, hence balance. One must recognize and accept the beast but not give in or feed it more than the other. That is balance. Know oneself.

One has to learn to live with the beast but not succumb to or ignore it. That's wholeness. Balance. The yin and yang.

edit on 3-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yea you didn't answer my question. I didn't ask what good putting somebody in prison will do for the person that they murdered.

I asked what you suggest be done with those who murder people.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sometimes Deaf Alien has his moments of brilliance.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

What kind of guidance do we need, God? Plenty of people kill in the name of their God.

And some people are so misguided they think they can blame God for that.
But it only proves what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It amazes me how people can so willfully ignore the fact that psychopaths exist, and that those psychopaths do psychotic things.

That's the entire point of the OP. Yes, some people are products of their culture. And yes, some of those products of culture could probably be turned around. But for people to sit here and pretend that every last person can be helped and "fixed" and that there's always something that could be done is nothing more than a flight of fancy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Take the shooter in Vegas. People knew him. He acted normal. Right up to the point where he started killing innocent people.

Sometimes there is no "red flag".

Sometimes bad people don't telegraph their actions.

Sadly, sometimes there is nothing we can do because we don't know to do anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

But it only proves what I'm saying.

Lol.

Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singing Lord, kumbaya
Someone's singingLord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya.

I think your right, I feel... I feel saved!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't care what is done with those who murder people. I. don't. care.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nah man, you took my remarks over the op and made it about me, see the example was your hostile culture turns everything into confrontation, you know what could have done? disagree and don't reply, but its not part of the culture, its not what was teached in school, your views need to prevail.

Wanna see how there are other ways? I will not confront you anymore

You reading this, how do you feel about me not replaying more to him, do you think i am a coward? do you think i fail to stand on my believes? this reaction you get is what I'm referring to. Whatever you think about me is a product of your education. confrontation is one example of what i think can be changed, i don't know why so many Americans don't value human life, but i believe this cultural phenomena can be change changing what is Taught.

OP said bad people do bad things, I believe there are not good or bad people, I believe there are properly educated people indoctrinated to value life no matter if is a countryman or a stinky Mexican, if they share your views or say infuriating things.

America claims that this things cannot be avoided but at the same time is the only place where this things happens regularly.

Its not because of the weapons, its because the culture is driving people to think this is acceptable.

I may not have done the best job explaining my point of view, it does not matter anyways, you reading this now cannot change, you are too old, you need to decide to raise your kids differently of what was done to you, I understand its hard to thinks such thing is not an insult, simply your ways are not working.

How could you not be offended by what I say about your culture if all you know since you were a kid is America is exceptional?

You people got a problem and don't want to see it because its you people, its not a crazy guy, its YOU, get it? I know the answer is a no.

Never change America

edit on 3-10-2017 by Indigent because: missing regurlarly at the end of 4th parragrath.. eeerrrr group of words...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So...no real answer then. Neat.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No, your point is this:

Person A: I this is the menu we have for the party.

You: I can't have what I want so call the entire damn thing off!

More shrill with each post.

DB's point was: Bad things happen by bad people. Does not mater how hard society tries to make sure it doesn't happen, it can and will happen.

Your response was: Then let's just let all the criminals go free!

How is anyone suppose to take you seriously if you're going to act that way?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

You people got a problem and don't want to see it because its you people, its not a crazy guy, its YOU, get it?

So it wasn't the nuts fault in Vegas it was the people who support the 2nd, is that what you are saying?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Nope. My response is, if it doesn't matter whether society tries to make sure it doesn't happen, then there's no reason to try to make sure it doesn't happen.

link   

It amazes me how people can so willfully ignore the fact that psychopaths exist, and that those psychopaths do psychotic things.

It amazes me that even when they're known to exist. They don't understand
they are bred in whole families and form powerful cabals that use the same
cookie curtter technics on our dumb asses because it works everytime.
They don't even have to think of a new approach.

This is our world! A world without guidancee. How's it work'n
for ya?

edit on Rpm100317v26201700000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yea I stopped reading when you said "I'm not going to confront you anymore" and then proceeded to spew a thesis paper length diatribe.

You didn't offend me. You didn't upset me. Clearly, based off your posts, I've somehow managed to upset you by suggesting if you're unhappy with life that you get off the internet for a while. I'm sorry that an American suggesting that if you're upset you go do something else to not be upset anymore has in itself managed to upset you so deeply. You're not upset and were attempting some sort of witty response to the OP, that's all well and good.

Hugs and kisses

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join