It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes bad people do bad things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Frankly, there are people that believe they know what is best for all of us and, by gawd, we are going to do it their way or they are going to make us.

They have a glorified view of what they think the world should be, and adopt the ideological mantra that the ends justify the means. They think they have to make a Big Noise to affect some Big Change that they and their ilk want to make.

They don't see themselves as Evil, even though that is what they are.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Brown guy? "Deport them ALL!!!"

Black guy? "It's this gang culture! We need LAW and ORDER!"

White guy? "Well SOMETIMES people are crazy. Let's not jump to conclusions..."

Every.

Single.

TIME.

YAWN.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nah man, you are reasoning wrong, people that believe in a afterlife are more prone to do rash things, like killing people for your 50 virgins, or drinking the koolaid to get out of this transitory existence.

When you truly know that this is it and the only thing after death is a rotting corpse you want to hold to your life as long as you can.

And proper education can teach life is valuable and you should not do anything to others that you don't want done to yourself.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh, no, it's not bullet proof, but anything that distances a person from their self is going to make the problem worse.

People who feel insecure and unmoored as children especially are going to have issues.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't believe your OP even begins to cover evil as it exists.
It damn sure isn't confined to random acts of individuals.
That's what " The wicked" want us to believe. It keeps the avenue
clear for them to use individuals in thier quest to have thier way.
And I believe it could amount to simple entertainment purposes.
As the common hordes are controlled by the ways of very powerful
people who worship evil.

Yes evil people exist in this world.
But to cover it accurately, it needs it's own damn encyclopedia.
edit on Rpm100317v41201700000053 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Metallicus

Nah man, you are reasoning wrong, people that believe in a afterlife are more prone to do rash things, like killing people for your 50 virgins, or drinking the koolaid to get out of this transitory existence.

When you truly know that this is it and the only thing after death is a rotting corpse you want to hold to your life as long as you can.

And proper education can teach life is valuable and you should not do anything to others that you don't want done to yourself.

I would say it depends on how you think you achieve that afterlife.

Maybe someone who thinks they can achieve their afterlife by killing as many in the name of their god as possible might be willing to do it, but if you are brought up believing your god abhors murder, then that wouldn't be the best way to achieve all those virgins would it?

link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

The point is, bad people exist and there's nothing we can do about it. So why should we try to do anything when there's nothing we can do? It's a waste of our energy.

Prisons don't help anything. Putting someone in prison won't undo what that person has already done. Putting someone in prison won't stop someone who isn't in prison from doing something bad - obviously, because we have lots of people in prison and yet we still have bad people out there doing bad things. AND, so many people leave prison and keep on doing bad things. There is no point to prisons.

link   

It's hard for rational minds to understand irrational people. We can't and will never be able to make sense of it from a sane world view.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

The best thing I have read on this is The Story of the Two Wolves.

www.firstpeople.us...

It all depends on what one puts in their spirit/soul/conscience.

Thanks for that. It reminds me of a parable I wrote years ago.

And while I do agree with the principle, and think it is mostly accurate, I do not think it is accurate all of the time.

Starving the beast will not make it go away, it will only make it more hungry. There has to be balance, recognition, and acceptance of that which is within. Jung's shadow; the parable of the wilderness in the New Testament.

One just can't succumb, one has to tame..and know oneself, but focus on the good.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

My reply to your overly dramatic and, frankly, wildly off the mark response to the OP? The reply in which I suggested that if your life is so miserable you get off the internet for a while?

How utterly heartless of me.

I'm glad I was able to give you a fine example of how Americans can care about other people.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, no, it's not bullet proof, but anything that distances a person from their self is going to make the problem worse.

People who feel insecure and unmoored as children especially are going to have issues.

I agree with that.

See my post above for further clarification.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Seriously?

So what do you suggest we do to somebody that murders their wife? "Ah man that sucks, hopefully he doesn't do that again. If only there were some way to ensure he wouldn't have the chance to murder another spouse..."

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think, before we tackle issues as complex as this, we first must acknowledge that bad people exist for no other reason than to do bad things to innocent people.

I've never advocated "doing nothing".

If there is a law that congress can pass that'll bring back the 59 who recently died, I'd sure as #### like to hear it.

Because everything else we do now is after the fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Change your culture, educate your kids, I said it a few times.

You people see the killers as wackos that exist, the reality is they are wackos created by the culture.

How to change it?

Compare cultures that don't have mass shootings, don't assume they don't happen there because of gun controls.

I'm not a psychologist and if i where i know it would not be a difference, because being confrontational is part of America culture, I figured out this after living in Europe and seeing with my own eyes this people avoid confrontation while us Americans trill in it (i know i'm not an american for you people) this is one of the things that may have to be changed.

Nothing ill say will matter, its part of your culture

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Psychopaths and sociopaths are born that way.
There are everywhere. They usually act normal and we wouldn't know. They have little or no conscience but usually there's nothing for us to worry about with them since they themselves want to live normally as well.

Remember this girl?

Today she is a well functioning adult. But you have to wonder sometimes.

As to non psychotic people? I often wonder about that. If they're truly sane then what makes them do evil things? Is it even possible? What does snapped mean? Something in their brains just breaks down? Personally I believe in the evil force that drive people to do evil things but that's me. I know it's way out there but then that's me.

I agree that making more laws will not help. I think felons who have served their time and have shown that they have changed should have their 2nd Amendment right back, especially when they have families. Which is pretty odd because the "shall not be infringed" part is pretty clear.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

On one level I agree with your statements. On the other I think we can stop hating other people, we can stop expressing hateful ideologies, we can stop vilifying people just because they don't share our political beliefs, our religions, or anything else. Just as the overwhelming majority who lean right are not Nazis, the overwhelming people on the left who support gun control are not evil, or puppets, or criminal. In an enlightened society rational people can disagree and continue to work and live together in peace.

How many people on this website either make hatful comments or support them by stars and flags? Most of these people would never say these things to another's face. The way that good can conquer bad is by the good standing up against the bad. This goes for both sides of any political debate. So the next time someone trolls on this site, or any other site you visit, even when the trolling agrees with your political viewpoint, call them out for being a bad person.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ying Yang a balance. Good and evil. The beast that is fed the most can overcome the weak one. It is not that we are starving the beast as it is always there, it cant starve.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

We can change ourselves, we can alter our culture, but would that stop bad people from being bad?

Would changing how I treat people have any impact on a psychopath?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No, it won't change all people who do evil things. But I think a culture of hate will breed evil acts in a greater number. There are some bad seeds who just don't have empathy. Other than his closing act, there doesn't seem to be proof that this guy was of that ilk. There are many people who will justify evil acts based on some type of ideology. Look to Nazi Germany for an example. Not every Nazi, not every radical muslim, not every ___________ (add the group you most like to hate here) is a psychopath. In fact, I would argue that the overwhelming majority are not.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Law of Balance.

Yin Yang.

There is no such thing is good without evil.

There is no such thing as light without darkness.

How it was, is, and always will be.

edit on 3-10-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join