It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes bad people do bad things

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Shamrock6

Take the shooter in Vegas. People knew him. He acted normal. Right up to the point where he started killing innocent people.

Sometimes there is no "red flag".

Sometimes bad people don't telegraph their actions.

Sadly, sometimes there is nothing we can do because we don't know to do anything.

That is all true, and I completely agree.

Question is: was he born that way, where everything was constantly building until the breaking point, or did something happen later on, was there another catalyst for him to decide "I'm going to take a # load of weapons and kill as many concert goers from a hotel room as possible." Either, or, or both.

Was he inherently bad, or did something happen to cause this?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

This is our world! A world without guidancee.

Guidance from whom, exactly?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh I'm sure we'll find out one or two instances where a mental health professional could have possibly picked up on a red flag if they happened to have the guy on their couch when the instance happened.

And that'll be latched on to as if somehow if only "we" had done something at that point, this could've been prevented.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh I'm sure we'll find out one or two instances where a mental health professional could have possibly picked up on a red flag if they happened to have the guy on their couch when the instance happened.

And that'll be latched on to as if somehow if only "we" had done something at that point, this could've been prevented.

Lol Fox News is having a guest on next to do that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Society can do a lot of things to prevent a lot of things.

Society can't prevent everything, all the time.

It's a pretty simple concept that the OP has put forth. Nobody said "well we can't prevent everything bad from happening so we might as well just not even try." Well, nobody except for yourself anyway. The point is that people need to accept that bad people exist and bad things happen sometimes, and it doesn't really matter what society does.

I'm not really sure why you've chosen to ignore that and have resorted to having a pity party for yourself.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Seriously??

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I think your right, I feel... I feel saved!

What the hell are you talk'n about?

You think this is about you?

I guess maybe it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sadly, sometimes there is nothing we can do because we don't know to do anything.

I'd like to single this sentence out for reflection. It is absolutely correct.

No one, no person, no society, no government can prevent every single bad thing that will happen, and cannot prevent every single person from doing something potentially bad.

It is impossible.

And people will do bad things (See OP).

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Even the psychiatrist would be stumped...

You can’t lock someone up for being a Psychopath...
You can’t section them...

Not for no reason anyways...

There are millions and millions of Psychopaths in this world, most of whom will never ever kill anyone...
But it can’t be stopped when they do.

Not unless we do away with human rights and the like.
I bet some people would love that.

That’s not to suggest the Vegas shooter was a Psychopath either...
That’s to be determined. But if we are talking “good” & “evil” it needs to be said...

I’m not even entirely sure Psychopaths are evil...
If it can’t be helped, then it’s not necessarily a choice between the two.
It’s somethng completely different.

TL;DR:
& that was my way of saying I wholeheartedly agree, Shamrock!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No what i'm saying is that the american culture is allowing these people to think its reasonable for them to kill a bunch of people, 24/7 confrontation, thinking because xyz thinks different that you they will eliminate your ways of living, perhaps some of how you got to look out for number one, segregation into classes... many things that end being "the culture" is made by the contribution of all Americans (You people)

I thought this was pretty clear on my stands on weapons

Its not because of the weapons, its because the culture is driving people to think this is acceptable.

See i'm talking of you people (All Americans) and you made it into white conservative Americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Seriously??

lol, yea.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

DB's point was: Bad things happen by bad people. Does not mater how hard society tries to make sure it doesn't happen, it can and will happen.

You refined my OP to a tee! Thank you.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You make the call! But it has to be someone a lot more intelligent
than mankind. Hopefully tempered by love and absolute
righteousness.
edit on Rpm100317v37201700000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yea I stopped reading when you said "I'm not going to confront you anymore"

As you should, all the rest was for someone reading it other than you.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

The point is, bad people exist and there's nothing we can do about it. So why should we try to do anything when there's nothing we can do? It's a waste of our energy.

Prisons don't help anything. Putting someone in prison won't undo what that person has already done. Putting someone in prison won't stop someone who isn't in prison from doing something bad - obviously, because we have lots of people in prison and yet we still have bad people out there doing bad things. AND, so many people leave prison and keep on doing bad things. There is no point to prisons.

Sometimes prison is just to keep bad actors away from good people. There are probably people that just can't be rehabilitated or develop a sense of remorse. That doesn't mean we should not put them in prison.

Don't become cynical because of the fact that there are bad people and we sometimes just simply can't do anything about it. We keep trying. Meantime, we hold tight to the rights we have, especially our inalienable rights, and refuse to allow wolves disguised as sheep to take them away.

link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Liquesence

You make the call! But it has be someone a lot more intelligent
than than mankind.

Cool, aliens.

Actually, I just wanted you to clarify your statement.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You mean to tell me you've never heard that if you hug a psychopath, it fixes everything?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Take the shooter in Vegas. People knew him. He acted normal. Right up to the point where he started killing innocent people.

Sometimes there is no "red flag".

Sometimes bad people don't telegraph their actions.

That is all true, and I completely agree.

Question is: was he born that way, where everything was constantly building until the breaking point, or did something happen later on, was there another catalyst for him to decide "I'm going to take a # load of weapons and kill as many concert goers from a hotel room as possible." Either, or, or both.

Was he inherently bad, or did something happen to cause this?

I don't know.

I wish I could insert an emoticon that could portray the frustration that I feel when I say that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Nope. My response is, if it doesn't matter whether society tries to make sure it doesn't happen, then there's no reason to try to make sure it doesn't happen.

So with you is must always be extremes?

You see that don't you?

In a LOT of cases, it DOES WORK.

However, there is nothing that works 100 percent of the time.

So your reasoning is: if it won't work 100 percent of the time, then screw it, we should not even try.

I'm sorry, and I really do not mean to be insulting, but I have young kids that act more mature than that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Cool bruh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join