It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Actually I do buy frozen veggies. I agree they are better than the so called fresh stuff. Same goes for frozen berries... I buy those a lot for smoothies , or just munching on them still frozen . I do sit to do some prep, but when it's just for me I tend to go the lazy easy route. Steamed frozen veggies are easy and go nicely with a simple egg and cheese omelette. Those are my type of dinners, unless I'm cooking for family.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Beautiful message that I will take to heart. Happy Thanksgiving Blue.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

And happy Turkey Day to you too.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Ummm ... I'm not American .. Turkey Day for you 😏

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

That is quite alright. Just think happy thoughts about turkeys. Especially the ones that will not end up being someone's dinner tomorrow.

edit on 11 22 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Hi! Thank you for your long reply about LOTR, i enjoyed reading it!

It has been interesting to read other shed member's views about the films. How they felt it and what made an impact. Now come to think of it, i am not too surprised that LOTR and Hobbit are liked here, afterall, it is a bit shed-like stuff. Magical and enchanting!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!~

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh my dear sweet girl, I have spinal stenosis and nerve damage, arthritis and have chronic pain so I hear ya! The pulled muscle was on top of all my other pain and was pretty bad.

Pain pills only help so much. I can relate to your easy way of doing things. If there is an easy way to do something, we'll find it, won't we? LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!~

OMG, I was going backwards up the page and saw you Honey! Oh how I have missed you! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Do come around more often! HUGS!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Blue, great music!!!!!!! Listening now! Thank you for being you!

Wis, you are a beautiful person and well loved here!

To all the beautiful Sheddites far and wide, I am forever grateful to have gotten to know you all and for the Shed and it being all magical and stuff by bringing us all together. That is something to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

YES all magical and enchanting and they had their fierce battles and overcame the evil and rose victoriously! There were so much sorrow and darkness, but also light and love and true friendships and the triumph of light over darkness. We could feel the power of all the emotions that this film evoked. Amazing in every way!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Ummm ... I'm not American .. Turkey Day for you 😏

I remembered to wish our Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving in October.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanksgiving at the shed (Lucids rendition)

"Pesky!" Lucid whispers fiercely. The pyxie turns to him, somehow managing a look of innocence whilst having food across her face. She rolls her eyes as he scowls but wipes her face and tries her best to look penitent. The short exchange drew giggles from some, and frowns from others, as the roast was brought to the table. He thought about what the shed was, as light conversation ensued while dinner was carried in on the wind. Light, easy conversation, but with a quick door to serious concerns, the shed was a haven for those with magic in their hearts.

Finally, everyone was seated, quiet was mostly established, for a moment everyone was contemplative until pesky said thanks for the fat foods, now dive in!" But Night was able to catch her before they did so. Someone asked if anyone wanted to say grace, and lucid waited, not wanting to preempt anyone. When no one spoke, he began.

"Though the raging rivers of time tear us asunder, let us be thankful that we can be together, with and for each other. Some here are always here, and others only rarely, but all are equal here, where magic and soul take priority, and thankful that we can share and receive light here, with which to return to our lives empowered, or reinforced. And for Magic, of course, and the resilience to find it time and again. And, of course, thanks to all the dragons, and faeries, and magical creatures of the shedlands. Don't forget to toss your leftovers into the bushes."

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Oh my Little Warrior, that was so beautiful and fun! Thank you so much and thank you for bringing your own special magic to this place! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

That was wonderful, Lucid.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Troll walked along a dirt path towards a fishing village on the far side of Accassia.
He came to the town and walked to the piers where the boats were tied and anchored. Then he turned and walked along the shore for another mile.
Then her turned and walked straight into the ocean.
As he walked further out to sea the water raised up around him.
It reached to his chin but then rose no higher.
Troll was walking on a secret underwater land bridge that he had discovered long ago.
An ordinary man would be unable to use it, but Troll was tall and could reach it and still keep his head above water.
He was walking out to an island that lay about five miles out from the Accassian shore.
Troll liked to go there occasionally and sit high up in the wooded mountains of the isle.
It was a place of refuge for Troll.

As he walked along the ocean bridge he thought about what he had witnessed in The Shed the day before.
Errollorre and Aria, along with Nightstar., Gordi, Wis, Bird, and Crappie Cat, and many other of the Shed regulars were gathered for a celebration.
Errollorre explained to Troll that in other lands and worlds, often a day was set aside when friends and families would get together and give thanks for the blessings they had in their lives.
Not everyone in the Shed had this custom in the other world homelands, but they never let an excuse for a party go by.

Troll left because he was often awkward in social situations.
Besides there were not nearly enough of those turkey birds for Troll to eat.

After some time Troll approached the large island.
As he walked and approached the shore he noticed the the large boats that usually were anchored in the docks of the seaside island village were burnt or sunk.

Troll walked up onto the shore and saw a boy sitting on an overturned rowboat staring wide eyed and frozen with fear, staring at Troll.
“Don’t scared.” said Troll. “Troll no beat men for fun like Troll used to.”
The boy relaxed a little.

“What happen boats?” asked Troll
“They were destroyed in the recent war with the Witch Queen.” said the boy. “Accassia has forgotten we are on this island so we’ve been on our own repairing the damages.
We haven’t been able to get off the island for supplies and our food is almost gone. The men have been working to get a ship seaworthy again and they think they will be ready for the first one to sail in just a few days. If we can hold out that long.”

“Why not get food from woods animals in mountain?” asked Troll.
“It’s too dangerous.” said the boy. “There is a monstrous flying beast that has come to live on the mountain. It is as big as a dragon but with feathers and a face like a bird. But it is not like any bird we have ever seen. It has great claws and arrows do not penetrate its hide. It steals our cattle and has taken some of the townsfolk as well. We must stay in the village together until the boats are ready.”

The boy's stomach growled. Troll looked at the boy then looked up at the tall mountain.
“Troll be back.” said Troll as he walked towards the mountain.
With one hand Troll grabbed a large ax that had been wedged deep into a tree stump nearby.
Troll began to climb the gravel slopes of the great mountain.

The mountain had been formed, like the island itself, from a volcano.
The volcano had been dormant for as long as anyone could remember.
But the dome of hardened lava that had once completely covered the volcano's massive crater had collapsed in some places.
Through these openings great billows of steam and heat poured out.
One could also look down in some places and see rivers of molten magma flowing through the mountain.
This heating of the mountaintop allowed vegetation to thrive high above the rocky and barren surface below.
It was also near this lush and warm top that the great feathered beast had made its nest.

Troll reached the mountaintop and walked around peering over its edge until he at last spotted the nest of the great creature.
In beast sat sleeping in its nest. In one enormous claw it held a large cow that was only half alive. In its other claw was something large that was now only blood and bones.

Troll spied a large vine hanging from a tree and pulled it down and wrapped it up.
Troll walked to the edge of the mountain overlooking the nest a grabbed a large tall elm tree that was growing there.

With tremendous strength he bent the tree over and tied the vine around the top.
Then he hooked the top of the tree under a large branch belonging to the massive tree the beast had built its nest in.

Troll took the loose end of the vine and carefully and quietly snuck into the nest of the flying beast.
He tied the other end around the top of the creature's massive claw.

Troll then went over to the claw holding the wounded cow.
Troll began to pull the beast's claw open.
When it was open wide enough Troll gave the cow a shove with his foot and the cow found new life with the taste of freedom.
As Troll watched the cow run into the mountain forest the beast awokw and closed its claw around Troll.

Troll grabbed two of the claws toes and pushed back hard.
The pointed talons of the beast were like knives inches away from piercing the body of Troll.
Suddenly there was a loud crack as Troll snapped and broke the talons of the beast.

The creature let out a deafening screech and Troll lept from the nest.
He swung his ax and chopped the branch holding the elm tree away.
The elm tree shot up like a catapult and when the vine tightened around the creature's claw it flung it up and over the edge of the mountain.

Troll saw that the creature now laid in a daze next to one of the opening on the mountain over the flowing lava.
Troll pulled a nearby tree out of the ground with its roots hanging.
He swung the tree like a baseball bat and smacked the beast into the hole.
The vine around its claw kept it from falling all the way in, but the heat ignited its feathers and it became a giant fireball.

The beast flapped wildly and was momentarily airborne until another smack from the tree Troll was swinging sent it hurtling into the forest.
When the flaming creature hit the dry trees it set the forest ablaze.

The sun had set for the village below but everyone rushed from their homes to look at the giant fireball on the mountain above.
The now dead creature rolled through the forest and down the mountain setting more and more of the forest ablaze.
Troll ran to a stream flowing down the mountain and ran through it down towards the village.

Troll reached the village first because he was not slowed by crashing into trees and setting them on fire.
The horrified people of the town were staring at the mountain when over a small hut lept Troll who landed in front of them.

“This from Troll.” yelled Troll to the terrified crowd.
Suddenly the flower mill at the end of town seemed to explode as the now cooked carcass of the beast hit it and sent flour through the air and down on the village like snow.

The beast rolled down the center of the street and came to rest within a few yards of the startled villagers.
It towered over the town's buildings and sat there cooked and a golden brown from the flower.

Troll walked out into the ocean and onto the hidden land bridge.
Troll turned and yelled to the crowd before he disappeared from view, “Enjoy you give thanks beast.”
The people stood there stunned with a cooked creature of many tons blocking the village road.
Then they turned to see the mountain fire burning out of control.
edit on 23-11-2017 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
GREAT STORY ENTRIES !!! Love reading them all.

Happy Thankgiving 2017

May you all enjoy being with your loved ones during this season.

Gobble Gobble

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oh my dear sweet girl, I have spinal stenosis and nerve damage, arthritis and have chronic pain so I hear ya! The pulled muscle was on top of all my other pain and was pretty bad.

You are very strong, due to maintaining positive attitude and being so nice and caring to us here in the shed, even though you are in pain. I just admire the way you have decided to overcome the difficulties. Inspires me also. You are a very stong star woman, if not physically always, then mentally, always. You show some real character from which we could all learn a thing or two about. You have my respect.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Last night i slept for two hours. Gallons and gallons of black coffee and got sucked inside a computer game. Now i am trying to wake up from a 6 hour day nap, i am relaxed to the bone. If i relax some more, my spine will disappear.

I love weird combinations. A jewish rapper

I am about to make my bloodstream have more caffeine than blood so if someone is up to a chat here, i will participate. I often mess up stuff but i know some ideas and positivities. Maybe i can help someones mindset. Or then half-meaningless conversation about something shallow. They have their time and place too.

edit on 23-11-2017 by Finspiracy because: Made a typo. Or then a pixie put it there just to mess with me.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh... Uh. I mean, err. Right? No, some of you have to raise the level of conversation. I am on a vacation tonight.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join