It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good morning Shed!

Shep in da haus.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Blue, not to be disrespectful, but...Grandma scares me!

Oooooh, that elf picture is one that I shared with a friend on facebook...love it!

Grandma looks like she has chewed some leather ,making moccasins. Many indigenous women lost their teeth using them as tools , hence the sunken mouth look. She has beautiful dark curly hair .. that was probably awesome when it was long.

I admire these women for everything they did for their tribes back in their day !
edit on 22-11-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Fin,

I'm gonna comment on what you wrote, (started this yesterday!) But
gotta get coffee and cigarette first!
So, for now,
my three most favorite scenes.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi Shed family!

((((((((hugs))))))))

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Some of my favorite scenes, Bug.

Samwise Gamgee is an archetype of loyalty.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Fin,

I'm gonna comment on what you wrote, (started this yesterday!) But
gotta get coffee and cigarette first!
So, for now,
my three most favorite scenes.

OK, I am finally back.
Please forgive me, I am terrible at posting, and I did this all wrong,
but this is supposed to be a reply to you, but my editing time expired.

I hope it makes sense!

Is it an echo in here? My favorites too, by far. Hobbit trilogy + LOTR trilogy. My friend had them as audiobooks, and we used to listen them if i slept on his sofa.

Such a lovely memory! My sister read the hobbit to me when I was a kid.

I am not too much into fantasy stuff, but i listened, got interested, and decided to watch the movies. Hobbits first and then LOTRs because of timeline. Extended versions of all. It was absolutely magical. I had myself relaxed good and had all sorts of snacks to eat. Zero alcohol, i wanted to follow the story real sharp. It took me about three days to watch them, 6 movies about 4-5 hours each. I was stunned by the story and how well the films were made. I cried. Twice. First when Gollum appears, and Bilbo decides to leave Gollum alive. The despair in Gollums eyes and overall appearance. And he got a second... third... fourth? chance. I got emotional at that point.

I complement you for your capacity to have empathy for gollum, he was a tortured soul, but he creeped me out!

The second time was when Thorin got killed. It was so wrong in many ways, he was such a great leader.

That was me when Borimer got killed. Posted that scene below.

Actually i find a link between myself and Gollum. Sometimes i hold beer as "my precious" and if i get too deep in those thoughts, i will find myself in darkness, broken.

Oh I wish you didn't have to feel that way.
I understand,
I compare those thoughts to having dementors around!
'They suck the joy out you and make you feel you'll never be cheerful again. You're left with only your worst memorys...'
But that's a whole 'nother book!

But i am good now, have been for several days, and i hope everyone else who might be reading this is fine too!

So glad to hear that!
Stay good, and if the dementors turn up, waste no time in finding something cheerful to listen to or watch, it drives the dementors away, lol!

love and hugs!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Yes, my husband and I have always thought that Sam was the true hero of the story.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You won't believe the sound coming out of this adorable caracal kitten! OMG, too cute!

I neeeed him!!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

This is Miss Paris,

She is so bossy that I feel like I'm married to her.

Her full name, in case you were wondering, is:

Paris Sweetie Marie Crawford Gonzales

Edit: I'm sad to report that the plant in the background is no longer with us.

I neeeed him too! lol

Oh, and, your plant is in good company with all the plants I've ever owned.

love and hugs!
edit on 22-11-2017 by BugWhisperer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh, and, your plant is in good company with all the plants I've ever owned.

Bahahaha! Plant heaven?

Loved the scenes you posted. Samwise was an amazing character as were so many others.
Seems we all that want that wild caracal kitty. LOL We will have to get one for the Shed.
I like how you mentioned the dementors. We could all stand to battle with those tormentors.

Reading backwards in here.

I love how you are with us every day now Gail! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I thought it was dark curly hair too, but if you look closely, it looks like a black tie around her neck from a bonnet. It could be a ruffled bonnet edge we are seeing. I had to enlarge my screen. I'll have to take another look.

I have learned to do a bit of Indian bead weaving and made some cool earrings and a necklace. I would love to make moccasins. I am too depressed or sore to do crafts lately it seems.

I am hoping to get to an Indian Pow Wow here in town in the Spring. I haven't been to one in years and just love them!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Hiya Shep! Indeed he is! So very inspiring

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I thought it was dark curly hair too, but if you look closely, it looks like a black tie around her neck from a bonnet. It could be a ruffled bonnet edge we are seeing. I had to enlarge my screen. I'll have to take another look.

I have learned to do a bit of Indian bead weaving and made some cool earrings and a necklace. I would love to make moccasins. I am too depressed or sore to do crafts lately it seems.

I am hoping to get to an Indian Pow Wow here in town in the Spring. I haven't been to one in years and just love them!

You're correct... it is a bonnet edge.
I've only been to one pow wow a few years back. It was very enlightening as I went with someone who knew what all the different dances were about. Beautiful and colorful to watch.

Good for you at attempting to bead earrings !

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I remember when I was first learning to bead weave by hand instead of using a loom. I had so much patience as I was determined to make those damned earrings. I kept trying over and over and over again. LOL

I miss making jewelry and am hoping to get back to that some day.
The pulled muscle in my back has improved a lot. I can stand up strait now. There is a lot to be said for heating pads. Thank you oh Gods of the amazing heating pad!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
In the spirit of the season I would like to express my gratitude.

Each and every one of the beings that inhabit this magical realm have taught me a lesson.

I don't celebrate this Holiday in the traditional manner as it rubs me the wrong way, but make it an opportunity to recall the blessings in my life.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I sorta wish my back problems were muscle related ... I have a common type of degenerative disc disorder ( D5 is affected) . My disc is squished and it's painful to be standing or walking too long. When I make family dinners I have to do it in short spurts, with sit down rest at least every 15 minutes.

Making meals for myself has slowly become taking the quickest and easist way to prepare something. I live on cereal, toasted tomato,cheese,and lettuce sandwiches... grilled cheese. Easy pasta's with store bought sauces. I buy salads in those prepared bags. ( most of the time ) . I'll cook a bunch of hard boiled eggs , and snack on those . Anything easy, quick, and reasonably nutritious 😏. I love citrus juices , so I get my vitamin C.

I don't know how I got talking about food from back problems ... but back issues do play a part in how long you can be on your feet ... or worse yet.. bent over at that horrific slight angle required for chopping and cleaning.

Anyhow.. happy the muscle issues are slowly getting better with you.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
In the spirit of the season I would like to express my gratitude.

Each and every one of the beings that inhabit this magical realm have taught me a lesson.

I don't celebrate this Holiday in the traditional manner as it rubs me the wrong way, but make it an opportunity to recall the blessings in my life.

Remember to thank yourself for the beautiful blessing you are in other people's lives. Know you are loved and appreciated for simply being you.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Remember to thank yourself for the beautiful blessing you are in other people's lives. Know you are loved and appreciated for simply being you.

Awww that is so sweet of you. That goes for all of us, I think.
I am gratefull when I can make some one laugh or smile or be given the opportunity to help. Or just listen.
As for just being me, well I can be obnoxious, arrogant, too assertive too much. My friends appreciate that though.

I am sorry your back is such a bother. The position you speak of is a killer, we were taught to maintain a proper stance at all times so we could withstand years of "chopping".
Could you create a comfortable place to sit and work?
Or buy precut frozen veggies, they are actually more nutritious than so called "fresh" because they are harvested ripe and frozen without going through the lengthy commute time. And you pay by the pound for the parts you discard.
I hardly buy fresh other than from a farmers market.
Hugs

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer
Yes, my husband and I have always thought that Sam was the true hero of the story.

Oh My I have missed a discussion about "The Lord of The Rings", well my Russel/Beagle mix is named after Sam Samwise, whom you both agree is a hero.
I have only seen the trilogy a few times but I stopped counting how many times I read it after eleven.
The reading is eloquent and I never tire of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is for anyone who needs a reminder that there are people like me out there who love you. Whatever has happened in the past is in the past. Be it losing someone, being hurt by someone or many, many other things. These are all just memories now to be locked away, not to be there every single moment of your life. Look for the Shed at the end of the tunnel and you will be home.

edit on 11 22 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 22 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join