It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Is it an echo in here?
My favorites too, by far. Hobbit trilogy + LOTR trilogy.

My friend had them as audiobooks, and we used to listen them if i slept on his sofa. I am not too much into fantasy stuff, but i listened, got interested, and decided to watch the movies. Hobbits first and then LOTRs because of timeline. Extended versions of all. It was absolutely magical. I had myself relaxed good and had all sorts of snacks to eat. Zero alcohol, i wanted to follow the story real sharp.

It took me about three days to watch them, 6 movies about 4-5 hours each. I was stunned by the story and how well the films were made. I cried. Twice. First when Gollum appears, and Bilbo decides to leave Gollum alive. The despair in Gollums eyes and overall appearance. And he got a second... third... fourth? chance. I got emotional at that point. The second time was when Thorin got killed. It was so wrong in many ways, he was such a great leader.

Actually i find a link between myself and Gollum. Sometimes i hold beer as "my precious" and if i get too deep in those thoughts, i will find myself in darkness, broken.

But i am good now, have been for several days, and i hope everyone else who might be reading this is fine too!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello!

Phew, i got a little tired earlier. Walked 3 kilometers to see a friend and 3 kilometers back. I needed the exercise. After that, i washed all my bed linen and fell asleep immediately after that. Now coffee (someone surprised by that?)

Contemplating past. The goods, the bads, everything. The past is something that has already gone and can not be changed, but learning from past errors, and also learning from what went right back then, can give valuable guidance for choices made at present time, to create a better future.

"I should be taught peace, understanding, tolerance, and friendship among all people."

And i was. By mom

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Gail, sorry I missed your last post last night/early morning. Did you get your pointy ears yet? I'm sure the Elvan people and cities were a favorite of yours as they were mine. So enchanting and beautiful!

Hello there Fin! I think some of the saddest parts were with Frodo and Sam. A lot of very moving scenes with various characters and just an amazing story! Step away from your 'precious' as much as you can. You don't want to end up with liver failure when you are older.
We'd like to keep you around for as long as we can.

Been using a heating pad and my improvements in my back are rather slow, but I'm hanging in there. Wishing everyone a beautiful day/night.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow Fin! I had to open another window so I could listen to your vid and reply. I love that music and great lyrics!!!!!!

Your Mom sounds like a wonderful lady!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Night... wishing you a speedy recovery from your back ailments.

Finn..your mother must be proud of the young man you've grown up to be.

Wishing everyone in the shed a beautiful day 😊

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye! How are you Sweetie? I will be warming up my rice pillow in the microwave and leaning back. I like the one I have it is long and reaches a bigger area. It is pink with darker pink and white stars.
It is also sectioned so all the rice doesn't bunch up in one area. They are handmade by a lady in a metaphysical shop. I have gotten many of my crystal and gemstones from there as well as angels and cool little metal charms that say something nice and oh...hand blown glass orbs to hang. They also make the best lip balm in the world!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm doing fine Night... grateful my back isn't worse .

Not really into metaphysics , but the shop sounds like it's right up your alley. Happy the rice bag is working for you.🙂

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I like those types of shops for natural products like soaps, lip balm etc. They also carry nice Angel things which I love and of course my crystal hangings and gemstones. Hell, I even pick up interesting looking rocks from the ground. LOL And their jewelry sometimes is 60 percent off so I got hard to find moonstone earrings once and a pair with wings and tiny moonstones.
Customers are greeted by 3 little boxer dogs which is adorable.

I'm glad your back isn't worse too Hun!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I love Crystal hangings as well . Had quite a few at one time. Would put them in my children's rooms windows when they were babies... they loved the rainbows they would make all over the walls. They would try and grab them lol. Come to think of it they are a great baby shower gift.

I've been in some shops like you've mentioned especially for the beautiful unique cards they have... and I've boughten some nice earings in them as well, both for myself and as gifts. They are definately cool little shops ( with the best cards)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Sharing this retro train photo that took me forever to find. This is a New York Central train that my great-grandfather was the engineer on. He was thrown at least 100 feet away and was asking people what happened.

Not sure of the year but I believe it was around 1915.
edit on 11 21 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh yes, they do have some very nice cards in those shops! In this one, they have a little indoor pond with koi fish, play soothing music, have faeries and dragons and...no wonder I take so long looking through the shop. LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

WOW Blue! Your Great Grandfather was the engineer on that? Scary!

This is a photo you actually have? I just love antique photos, little pieces of history.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hello my beautiful Shedigans!!!!!!! I just HAD to stop by and share. I have turned Paul & I into bobbleheads, LOL. I blanked out the middle, it was our last name

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

OMG Jessie, I missed you soooo much! That bobble head pic of you and Paul is a riot! LOL

How are you? Work still crazy? Paul still doing well? Big bear hug!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes this is scanned from the original photo.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Marty, you are sure missed around here.

I love the bobbleheads

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Night, this is my 4th great grandmother who happens to be Cherokee. As I told you, I didn't know anything about any Indian roots until I saw this on dad's Facebook yesterday.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hugs to everyone and have a good night.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Blue, not to be disrespectful, but...Grandma scares me!

Oooooh, that elf picture is one that I shared with a friend on facebook...love it!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You won't believe the sound coming out of this adorable caracal kitten! OMG, too cute!

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join