It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Happy Weekend!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Happy Weekend Gordi! How much more work is needed on the van? Like, you know...the rainbow murals and dragon ones and all?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A lot!
It's on hold a wee bit because we've had our first real snow of the winter here.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If you're afraid of snow, it's okay. You can share it with us, we won't judge...

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Snow ... ahhhh.

I have never seen snow!

Of course ... if you have snow ... then you do not have our 45 C summers either.

I just want to see snow ... and play in it ... making snowmen and have snow fights ... just once.

Honest, I would last 5 minutes before my insides would start shivering.

Snowwwww

P

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I read a post by an Australian member. She stated that she never turns on the airco before it gets to 38 C. My brain does not work at that ambient temperature. Is there a button I can press to make things better even though it costs money I don't have right now?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Snow ... ahhhh.

I have never seen snow!

Of course ... if you have snow ... then you do not have our 45 C summers either.

I just want to see snow ... and play in it ... making snowmen and have snow fights ... just once.

Honest, I would last 5 minutes before my insides would start shivering.

Snowwwww

P

Snow is beautiful to play in , ski and snowboard on ... especially if it stays between-1and-10 C . Tons of things you can do out in the snow... and everything looks so clean and white ( with sparkles) . The first snow is actually an adjustment to eyesight because of all the white.

Sorry... just wanted to tell you about the beauties of snow ... and I hope you get to experience a freshly fallen snow someday with decent temperature to go with it.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well I was going to look for a beautiful snow video, but I ended up coming across this...

Amazing 7 year old!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank You!

-10C Hmm. Lowest temp I have ever lived through (whilst camping mind you) was -2C.

That was cold enough. But then, we weren't running around throwing snow balls.

Although the scene was white ... we were on a salt pan. Lol.

P

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

P

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

LOL! Love it!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I read a post by an Australian member. She stated that she never turns on the airco before it gets to 38 C. My brain does not work at that ambient temperature.

That would be because I don't fancy an electricity bill in the $600's

As long as it's not humid 38 is fine. Well, body-wise. I get a touch bellicose beyond 30 Celsius.

I've only been in the snow once. My dad and I were driving through the Snowy Mountains on one of our frequent journeys, and while the ground wasn't completely coated, there was enough around to make some crappy makeshift snowballs before continuing on. We moved to a town called Cooma and lived there for a whole whopping three weeks before migrating again! Ahh. Memories. (I wouldn't recommend such adventures - I went to about 20 different schools as a kid. Probably explains my unpersonable personality now.)

*waves to the People of the Shed*

My son and I made some nommy Christmas-esque treats earlier today!

Chocolate spiders! With coconut and a glace cherry on top.

(I am uncertain as to why they are called spiders... but we have lots of spideriffic things. We even refer to icecream floats as spiders.)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

The house looks so festive and inviting! Those treats look yummy! Why are you folks calling ice cream floats spiders???? I hope they aren't using them as an ingredient. Remind me to never have an ice cream float if I visit. LOL

20 different schools as a kid? Good Lord! That's a lot of schools!!!!

edit on 24-11-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I really don't know why! But yup, ice-cream floats are spiders. Chocolate and peanut butter melted and mixed with fried noodles, chocolate spiders! SPIDERS!

Never fear, they aren't an actual ingredient

20 was a slight exaggeration; was still a fair few though. Counted them out and it's actually 11, with a few repeat arrivals as we went back and forth.

My dad was a paranoid schizophrenic who was always on the move. Now that I think about it, I really don't know how he accomplished it.. unless renting was a lot easier in the early 90s.
(Wrote a bit about it in this ATS thread)

BUT!
MISS ELFIE!!
SHEDIZENS!!!
Guess what!!

*Shifty eyes left. Shifty eyes right.*
9 more sleeps!!!!
*Super Happy Dance*

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

When it gets a bit closer, I am thinking of a thread detailing an Aussie Christmas.

Cause our girls in bikinis ... around the prawns on the barbie ... that! is Christmas.

Like this

P

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

If you're afraid of snow, it's okay. You can share it with us, we won't judge...

Yeah terrified.
That and marshmallows, oh and kittens in mittens!

Here's my back garden in the snow (last year).

and looking out from my front door...

Bonus Point if you can tell me what the subject of this photo is!

oooh... mustn't forget...
Christmas In The Shedlands!!

(The wee video clips with me wearing a santa hat in the snow were filmed a half mile from my house!)
Most of the people featured in that video are from The Shed (last year!) btw.

G

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thanks Gordi,

it made me a little nostalgic.
Cheers mate

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I sit corrected in my nice warm room looking out at no snow whatsoever.

As to your mystery photo....is it trees? Maybe a frozen river? No wait....it's where you buried my Xmas pressie! Yay!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

...As to your mystery photo....is it trees? Maybe a frozen river? No wait....it's where you buried my Xmas pressie! Yay!!!

It's the Roof of my Car!!!
(Big FROST!)

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join