It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Columbus is Next !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Will ANOn do as a none left wing source??

anonhq.com...

History channel??

www.history.com...

I mean I know it isn't a respected source like infowars.... or the other compilation sites that don't even have journalists on the payroll.... so you prob don't buy it...

You should ask yourself the logistical requirements to pull off whatever conspiracy theory your a fan of..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

back then the king was the law. i have no doubt about what you are saying as far as the treatment of indigenous peoples.
but the fact remains that all European countries at one point or the other did the same and it was not a crime to the rulers.

it's also a sad fact, if they hadn't have the world would not have advanced as far as it has now.
edit on 20-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm still waiting to see if they get rid of all the Robert Byrd stuff. Lets not forget about renaming the city of New York. dailycaller.com...

edit on 20-8-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: I need coffee.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: 727Sky

No one is destroying history.. no large group is going after the founding fathers...

The confederacy commuted treason, and are being glorified in US capital buildings and government land..

You cannot back the confederacy AND be an American patriot.. they were traitors to anerica who led to the deaths of 10s of thousands of US service members..

The same uS army most people claim to support now..

Treasonous acts depend on your point of view. Had the forces of the South won they would be heroes. History is written by the victorious. Remember that, its a history lesson and there will be a quiz.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Jesus dude...

You're thinking of cortez I would guess...but even his "atrocities" paled in comparison to Aztec sensibilities...

Disease caused the mass extinction of many native indigenous populations in the Americas...
Far more than any one man yet causality teaches us that if smallpox was brought by the Spanish then they indeed caused the deaths...

But ascribing those deaths to the horrendous nature of Spanish conquistadors is obtuse and misinformed...

-Chris

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Once again I guess we all live in the past and need to tear something down, to show that all our ideology is the right one to follow, reminds me of something on TV "ISIS" did they not do the same thing? tear down status, destroy art work because it was not part of their ideology?

Lets just face the facts the past is the past and there is nothing we can do change it, but we all can learn to live with it and learn from the lessons of what has happened.

Everyone keeps saying its about "slaves" in particular black slaves, how about all the indentured servants prior to the slave trade started, how about all the north Koreans enslaved to their leader, how about all those prostitutes that are enslaved to their pimps, we can go on and on about this, but the bottom line is not to repeat the mistakes our forefathers or anyone else has made in the pass but to learn from them.

Personnel, we all can learn about the people that had statues made of them, why they were put up, what events lead up to them being immortalized in stone or steel, what was the nations feelings about them back then ect ect, HISTORY folks, its not about them being slave owners, its about someone's Ideology, personnel I never had any slaves, unless you count my dog that fetches beer for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

And his crimes were sooooo bad that even when everyone was brutal, he still stood out..

He was a national hero and his crimes were bad enough the queen still took action..

I agree you have to judge morality compared to their contemporaries.. he was a monster even if you do that.
edit on 20-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

All the educated people I have seen have said it is about treason..

Something that is as cut and dry as they come..

The rightwing media are the ones finding one random idiot talking about removing every slave owner...

No one who matters in the left is..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

No I'm not..

www.history.com...

ux.brookdalecc.edu...

He was even jailed by the queen of Spain for his atrocities..

In his own time when every one was brutal as hell..

He was worse than ANY southern general or slaveowner.

Columbus is a special case... homie just chose a horrible example.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Modern historians put his body count in the million(s) if memory serves..

Your memory and intelligence are deficient here. Millions? Please reassess that.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Good...

He didn't discover $H!T and and was a genocidal mass murder...

And that isn't some modern day civilization talking...

He was jailed by the queen of Spain when she found out about his atrocities..

"This is from memory) but a cleric who accompanied him went crazy after the barbarity he saw... there was something about the priest who went with him that was really jacked up to.. but the exact details escape me..

No argument from me.

Personally, I think the character "Columbus" was fiction designed for public relations and propaganda at the time.

Notice too, "his" miracle sea route was oh-so-perfect.

They had their scapegoats back then too.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Christopher Columbus was a great man....changed history...
I thought it was the fact that the earth wasn't flat that changed history ...Chris was on a death wish at the time according to my old history books

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for that OP, I have not yet considered all the names to public places which would be disliked by a group of people. I would want those names changed too and instead have Main street, 1st street, 2nd street. And thanks hounddoghowlie for the history lesson, changed my mind about monarchy slightly and I'll go brush up.

Makes me think what comes after that, Christianity for converting, crusades?

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
Everyone keeps saying its about "slaves" in particular black slaves, how about all the indentured servants prior to the slave trade started, how about all the north Koreans enslaved to their leader, how about all those prostitutes that are enslaved to their pimps, we can go on and on about this, but the bottom line is not to repeat the mistakes our forefathers or anyone else has made in the pass but to learn from them.

Here is a map about slavery, it is however from a couple of years ago (2013).

And another map:

edit on 20-8-2017 by spliffster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No I'm not..

www.history.com...

ux.brookdalecc.edu...

He was even jailed by the queen of Spain for his atrocities..

In his own time when every one was brutal as hell..

He was worse than ANY southern general or slaveowner.

Columbus is a special case... homie just chose a horrible example.

Ummm...well...well...well...I knew that if time rolled on around enough...there had to come a time that I might agree with you on something...

By GOD...today's the day...I too have a special dislike for Mr. Columbus...and for the same reasons...

It must be my Aboriginal American blood crying out for justice...Nah...that was a long time ago and frankly...Me and my Aboriginal American Blood...weren't around while he was slaughtering all those Aboriginals...

I can be adult enough to let the past be the past...This is one Injun that lives in the present...why...I don't even have any desire to upend any of Chris's statues...

Imagine that...I guess I'm really not a herd animal...

YouSir
edit on 20-8-2017 by YouSir because: I just loves this schtick...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Christopher Columbus was a monster. he was also an exceptionally stupid man who was convinced until his dying day he'd discovered India and Japan, since he was one of the few who believed his ridiculous small earth theory.

His crimes against the natives were of such severity that even in Europe, by the standards of the time, he would have been condemned to a slow, torturous death because of them, had he not bribed the Spanish with gold and slaves.

Don't rename Columbus Ohio though. It's one of the few city names in America I can remember.
edit on -050010am8kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You should read a history book on Columbus 'a atrocities.

Does one need to read anything further than native american ?

All the people shouting RACIST weren't even over here YET.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
why muck around with this piecemeal half assed nonsense. Just set off Yellowstone and we can be on our way to a brand new clean sheet of paper.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
why muck around with this piecemeal half assed nonsense. Just set off Yellowstone and we can be on our way to a brand new clean sheet of paper.

Well that's encouraging.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I find it funny people worship ol' Chris, like he discovered what would eventually become the USA.

The closest he got was the islands of the Caribbean, coastal Central America, and coastal South America. He never set foot or eyes on future US land or North America, period, FFS. The closest northern spot he found was the Bahamas. That's it.
The guy did not discover a shred of land we now call the United States, celebrating him as the discoverer of such is such a completely bogus holiday for us. Talk about willful revisionist history, people.

Having a holiday for Leif Ericson makes much more sense if we want to celebrate the earliest recorded European over here on the North American continent. At least he was ACTUALLY on it.
edit on 8/20/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Time to start a petition !!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join