It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: underwerks
Anyone remember not too long ago when people on the right tried to make it legal to do what this driver did?

In North Dakota, it could become legal to hit a protester with your car

Kind of makes you think..

No, but I do remember when you tried to use this incident as an example of what you think bills like that really mean.

The key phrases in that bill are "unintentional" and "exercise due care."

It's not a blank check to run over protesters. Neither is the North Carolina bill.

I didn't mean it's a blank check to run over people. A lawyer could spin this as unintentional and the guy could probably get off under the right circumstances if that bill went through.

I'm more concerned with the precedent a bill like that sets.

A lawyer can spin anything into anything.

You said:

Anyone remember not too long ago when people on the right tried to make it legal to do what this driver did?
and that is categorically false.

Maybe I used the wrong words. Happens to the best of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Funny. When there's a terrorist attack, I'll post about it and call it exactly what it is.

Possible Terrorist Attack at Brussels Train Station

What do right-wingers say even before anyone else comments?

Still no problems in Europe. Don't be Islamophobic. If you don't want to die, you're living in fear.

Don't jump to collusions people. Probably just an Amish extremist fed up with folks using electricity.

Maybe you can page through and find the people "injecting doubt?" Because all I see is right-wingers preemptively claiming that people will do so because of the whiny victim mindset that has been instilled in the modern right-winger.
edit on 2017-8-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd like to know why this guy hasn't been named.

What are they (the police) hiding?

What could be so bad about this guy?

Well maybe that's why. People are already furious and torches and pitchforks are easy to come by in CV.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As opposed to everything that happens is because of racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.?

You guys invented it. Hell, according to the left, everything about the nation is a fabric of racism and sexism created by a bunch of old, dead white slave owners, so that if you aren't white, male, and Christian yourself, you will never, ever get ahead in this nation, so it HAS to be destroyed. Everything that goes wrong is attributable to some form of that.

Welcome to modern academia.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: underwerks

Did you read what you just posted?

It doesn't make it legal to intentionally plow over protesters. Now are you gonna continue to derail the thread with your lies, or grow up and admit you're wrong?

Maybe I used the wrong words.

"Anyone remember not too long ago when people on the right tried to make it easy to get off the hook for running over protestors?"

Better?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What do you think the chances are the guy in the car was a provocateur? While racists exist, the act seems more deliberately political. A person would have to be incredibly stupid to drive in with their license plate on camera into a crowd unless they were a real suicidal terrorist, or someone paid to act like one.

link   
The Governor's news conference is still pending and expected soon.

Anticipating updates on the investigation of the attack in Charlottesville and the crash of a State Police helicopter shortly after 5 p.m.

link   

Still lying. It's to keep people from getting sued if they accidentally run over some scumbag's foot while they're rioting and damaging your car. Stop being willfully ignorant. You KNOW that line you're pushing is bogus. Stop making a fool of yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Still lying. It's to keep people from getting sued if they accidentally run over some scumbag's foot while they're rioting and damaging your car. Stop being willfully ignorant. You KNOW that line you're pushing is bogus. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Your narrow interpretation of it isn't the whole scope of how it would be applied.

link   

Maybe nothing, admit it you failed.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is that every time something like this happens, it escalates.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Now what will the other side feel justified in doing because of some idiot in a car?

Based on the full retard coming from both sides these past few years ?

I don't even want to try and guess.... but whatever it ends up to be, it won't be pretty.

"Clowns to the left of me,
Joker's to the right,
And here I am stuck in the middle with you.
"

~ Steve Miller Band

Art depicting life indeed.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That is a possibility. Just have to wonder how he got there so innocently and why the police weren't in control of public safety.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Why hasnt this thread lit up red? Its on fire!

link   
The governor said they are not wanted and for them to go home???????

Then WHY THE EFF did you allow the permits to go through????
edit on 12-8-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

As opposed to everything that happens is because of racism, homophobia, sexism, etc.?

You guys invented it. Hell, according to the left, everything about the nation is a fabric of racism and sexism created by a bunch of old, dead white slave owners, so that if you aren't white, male, and Christian yourself, you will never, ever get ahead in this nation, so it HAS to be destroyed. Everything that goes wrong is attributable to some form of that.

According to the Alt-Right, the nation was literally created by racist white men.

What the Founders Really Thought About Race

Since early colonial times, and until just a few decades ago, virtually all Whites believed race was a fundamental aspect of individual and group identity. They believed people of different races had different temperaments and abilities, and built markedly different societies. They believed that only people of European stock could maintain a society in which they would wish to live, and they strongly opposed miscegenation. For more than 300 years, therefore, American policy reflected a consensus on race that was the very opposite of what prevails today.

Those who would impute egalitarianism to the Founders should recall that in 1776, the year of the Declaration, race slavery was already more than 150 years old in North America and was practiced throughout the New World, from Canada to Chile.[2] In 1770, 40 percent of White households in Manhattan owned Black slaves, and there were more slaves in the colony of New York than in Georgia.[3] It was true that many of the Founders considered slavery a terrible injustice and hoped to abolish it, but they meant to expel the freed slaves from the United States, not to live with them in equality.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Everything? I think you are being hyperbolic.

What you think of the Left is a small minority of people. For the most part, the majority are not that much different than you or most on the Right.

Spitting such generalizations does not indicate a connection to reality.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That is a possibility. Just have to wonder how he got there so innocently and why the police weren't in control of public safety.

Wait til the sun goes down! Lots of butt-hurt steam yet to be released.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm just pointing out what looks like a connection to me. You're the one throwing personal attacks in an effort to goad me into going off the rails when I respond. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'll be glad to discuss this issue at length, as long as you agree to have a discussion like an adult.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm not goading you into anything, you're responsible for your own actions, a concept that may be new to you. I explained logically why you're wrong, yet you continue to push lies, so I'll waste no more time on someone who insists on continuing to be ignorant other than to call you a liar, which you are. Enjoy pushing your false narratives, I'm going back on topic.

By the way, pushing fairy tales like you are isn't very adult.
edit on 12 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join