It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is a sick sort of Christmas. They're getting all their wishes fulfilled. They just knew it! And now some idiot in a car gave them all the reason they need to let the hatred flow.

It's like lancing a boil.

It's why I've been afraid every time some event like this happens. Sooner or later, I knew they were going to have their excuse provided.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol.

Trust me all the big groups just had there 4th amend violated. The fact we haven't heard anything yet makes me slightly suspicious there may be a couple people involved.

So lib or cons. someone wins. Great. Yeah!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is a sick sort of Christmas. They're getting all their wishes fulfilled. They just knew it! And now some idiot in a car gave them all the reason they need to let the hatred flow.

It's why I've been afraid every time some event like this happens. Sooner or later, I knew they were going to have their excuse provided.

To be fair the opposite happens as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Anyone remember not too long ago when people on the right tried to make it legal to do what this driver did?

In North Dakota, it could become legal to hit a protester with your car

Kind of makes you think..

No, but I do remember when you tried to use this incident as an example of what you think bills like that really mean.

The key phrases in that bill are "unintentional" and "exercise due care."

It's not a blank check to run over protesters. Neither is the North Carolina bill.

I didn't mean it's a blank check to run over people. A lawyer could spin this as unintentional and the guy could probably get off under the right circumstances if that bill went through.

I'm more concerned with the precedent a bill like that sets.

A lawyer can spin anything into anything.

You said:

Anyone remember not too long ago when people on the right tried to make it legal to do what this driver did?
and that is categorically false.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No, the car thing is only terrorism if the driver is white, not if he shouts Allah Snackbar.

Yeah, nobody ever calls Islamic terrorism, terrorism. What a load of BS. Just utter and complete nonsense. Regurgitated right-wing identity politics programming to virtue signal your tribe because you can't bring yourself to acknowledge that a right-wing terrorist just plowed into a bunch of Americans and murdered one of your countrymen.

At best, you're as bad as the straw man you just threw out.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Neither side needs any help or excuses to go full retard.

They're both doing perfectly fine with that all on their own.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'd like to know why this guy hasn't been named.

What are they (the police) hiding?

What could be so bad about this guy?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
People in this thread:

"They threw things at his car, therefore terrorism is okay. Checkmate leftists, you sick and violent bunch."

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

The problem is that every time something like this happens, it escalates.

Now what will the other side feel justified in doing because of some idiot in a car?

link   

give them time to go and edit the guys twitter and facebook pages to make sure he's portrayed in the kind of light they wish!!

link   
4chan is now saying Alt-Right brought down the chopper, should we also go with that?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd like to know why this guy hasn't been named.

What are they (the police) hiding?

What could be so bad about this guy?

One of the reports said it was coordinated, but what was so coordinated about it? It looked like a classic guy in car attack. So what are they not discussing and how was it coordinated?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: underwerks

The bill doesn't pertain to intentionally trying to murder protesters. You're lying, and you KNOW you're lying. Stop lying.

Now who's lying. The bill has an intended purpose, and it sure isn't to protect the safety of protestors. Don't be obtuse.

You are lying. You are claiming the bill was meant to make what this driver today did legal. All indications are this driver was bent on murder. You're a liar. Stop pushing lies.

What about this one, from Tennessee..

Drivers who run into protesters would be protected from lawsuits under new proposed legislation in Tennessee.

The bill offered by a pair of Republicans would apply only to instances in which drivers are “exercising due care” when they strike someone “participating in a protest or demonstration” that is “blocking traffic in a public right-of-way.”

A second clause in the half-page bill clarifies, “A person shall not be immune from civil liability if the actions leading to the injury were willful or wanton.”

That distinction sometimes can be fuzzy. Last month, a man drove through a group of protesters in Nashville and wound up with several of them on his hood. He said they jumped onto the car, they said he struck them.

'Common-Sense Legislation' Would Shield Drivers Who Run Over Protesters

I never had an idea of how many states have lawmakers who want to shield people from being prosecuted for running over protesters until now. This may be part of a bigger trend.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

Obviously, because everything posted there is true. Just like the demons coming out of the sky coming in mid September.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If there are others involved they wouldn't name him.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Did you read what you just posted?

It doesn't make it legal to intentionally plow over protesters. Now are you gonna continue to derail the thread with your lies, or grow up and admit you're wrong?

link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The cops there just let this get totally out of control. The early video shows them just standing by and letting them physically attack each other and then haphazardly try to pull them apart. They were nowhere near the people who got run down and took minutes to get there.

They obviously never recieved proper training on how to police protests.

Yeah, no kidding.

It's too bad you aren't a cop working in Charlottesville right now because you'd totally have it all under control right from the get-go.

It was refreshing to see the cops not throw tear gas and flash bangs. They worked their way between the two sides and got them separated and effectively broke up the protest.

Apparently they should be psychic and have known some lunatic was going to commit terrorism.

link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Obviously, because everything posted there is true. Just like the demons coming out of the sky coming in mid September.

The smiling demon in the sky!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
oh, it's the second civil war then?? thought that wasn't gonna happen till they indicted members of the trump family!!!

to be honest, I was tempted to jokingly report that it was brought down via rocket by one of the militia groups...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join