It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To my experience...tough guys don't need to talk about it. In the words of the Prophet: "It's an empty can that makes the most noise".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I remember Kruschev slapping his shoe on the desk declaring to America "We will bury you" at the height of the cold war nuke rattling era. I remember Khomeini and Achdeminija (sp) screaming "Death to America". Iran has many nukes to waive around. If you got nukes, you have to act crazy enough to use them or their power is lost. North Korea knows this.
edit on 8 8 2017 by jwh125 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

"N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury"

Whats Trump going to do, eat a few Kebab and fart on them?

This is all just Trump bumping his gums and how coming away with meaningless statements such as the above translates in to political policy is quite frankly beyond me.
edit on 8-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
To my experience...tough guys don't need to talk about it. In the words of the Prophet: "It's an empty can that makes the most noise".

Agreed.

Its funny reading that my first thought was "I hope the same is true of Trump"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As i have already stated before. I will believe it when I see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

You forgot
"The likes of which the world has never seen."

Is he threatening nukes? Is that moron actually threatening to use nukes?

Because he's in a pissing contest with a crazy person???

No a nice little sniper will do just fine I think.
Trump pull yourself together dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I bet we have New technology , Nuke's are obsolete only Scare Crows.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's an invitation to every nuke holding country to take out the United States as a dangerous actor.
edit on 882017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And "power", i'm sure he mentions "power".

Maybe he means he will bring them a proper electrical supply?

And you have to admit that would be a better sell than Trumps particular brand of democracy.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

When I first heard it my interpretation was that he was threatening the use of nukes.

This is why I keep saying that I believe Trump is a threat to global security, I believe that for him, this is all about power the ultimate expression of power would be to drop a nuke. I recall a report shortly before he was inagurated where he sat in a security briefing and asked multiple times "why can we not use nukes".

He wants to drop the bomb.
edit on 8-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's an invitation to every nuke holding country to take out the United States as a dangerous actor.

Lol, okay.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Exactly. And they'd do so all while saying exactly what we babble about -- protection, defense and freedom globally. If we do drop nukes again, they wouldn't exactly be in the wrong in their justification.

Edit: That looks like I'm all for others using their nukes on us. Allow me to clarify -- I don't see other countries stooping to using their nukes in retaliation, especially if ours never touched their dirt. I'm speaking more to the odds of them leaving many a conventional smoking crater within the US.
edit on 8/8/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: AlephOne

originally posted by: bknapple32

"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before." - United States President Donald J. Trump

*smiles with pride*

My president said that.

Are you or any other ATS members going to fight on the front lines????? Didnt think so

If I were of age I wouldn't be on the battlefield.

I'd be directing battle.

I take it you play a lot of command and conquer too then.....

No, if it came to it, WWIII, conscription, all that good stuff, you like me and most of the other guys posting on ATS, would find themselves soiled on the front lines getting used as cannon fodder for nukes wondering if your next breath will be your last.

I am agreeing with that. You need a reason for war, and aside from, and since WW2 troops have been mostly cannon fodder, while the machinations of governments made sure that was the case.
The USS Liberty attack is a startling example of how unsuspecting military people were simply used at the behest of Government/s, and how the platitudes in the aftermath were simply callous and false, and just plain inter-governmental compliance at the end of it. They make me sick, as did 9/11...where in that case, it was aimed at civilians.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Not saying he does not want to drop the bomb but if he did use nukes first China, Russia, and pretty much every other nation is going to be none to chuffed 3rd time being the charm and all that jazz.

I really hope cooler heads prevail, because nobody really wishes to see another Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not saying he does not want to drop the bomb but if he did use nukes first China, Russia, and pretty much every other nation is going to be none to chuffed 3rd time being the charm and all that jazz.

I really hope cooler heads prevail, because nobody really wishes to see another Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

Trump is about to roll out the Death Star.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: bknapple32

"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before." - United States President Donald J. Trump

*smiles with pride*

My president said that.

Are you or any other ATS members going to fight on the front lines????? Didnt think so

If I were of age I wouldn't be on the battlefield.

I'd be directing battle.

I take it you play a lot of command and conquer too then.....

No, if it came to it, WWIII, conscription, all that good stuff, you like me and most of the other guys posting on ATS, would find themselves soiled on the front lines getting used as cannon fodder for nukes wondering if your next breath will be your last.

I am agreeing with that. You need a reason for war, and aside from, and since WW2 troops have been mostly cannon fodder, while the machinations of governments made sure that was the case.
The USS Liberty attack is a startling example of how unsuspecting military people were simply used at the behest of Government/s, and how the platitudes in the aftermath were simply callous and false, and just plain inter-governmental compliance at the end of it. They make me sick, as did 9/11...where in that case, it was aimed at civilians.

Knowing that you are likely going to be used as cannon fodder it amazes me how many people still join the military.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What else was he going to say?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Carpet bomb the entire country? I guess it doesn't matter that just like any other country, there are people who live there who want no part of a war. People who just want to live a life with their families in peace. And as another person posted,,, It would look great if the US goes down in history as the only country to ever use nuclear weapons against another country,,,because said country has possible nuclear capability. The US is very close to doing the very thing that we have been supposedly trying to prevent for all these years!!! However it plays out, dont whine about how the iodine pills should be equally shared f you support this BS.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Thing is those Death Star got done in by a band of rebels with a couple of photon torpedoes.

edit on 8-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think part of the problem is that Trump could post a stupid tweet.

He could do something like he done before were he said some rubbish about sending a carrier group to the Korean Peninsular or about transgenders joining the military, he could post something on twitter that could panic DPRK into a preemptive strike against a military base in South Korea.

Then before you know it, its escalates.

All be Trump was posting crap at 3am.

We have two hot heads on both sides of this, that is really not good.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join