It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thats interesting.

The Like I had said before it depends how this stuff all escalates.

Trump says something stupid.

So DPRK decide to be safe and just build up their forces, make defensive preparations just encase Trump launches a attack.

Next thing you know American intelligence starts reporting "possible aggressive military movements along the DMZ".

Trump takes it as a threat.

Before you know it, they are all laughing rocket at each other.

link   

originally posted by: knoxie
didn't he say something like "if we've got them why not use them" during the campaign?? he's an idiot.

Your reaction leads me to believe if (he) the President 'uses' them, you'll whine. And if he (the President) does not, you'll call into question his manhood.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't is what got the world into the fix it's in. Thanks for helping.

(/sarcasm)

peace

link   
I always think of the young men always torn apart in these horrible wars on both sides.

It breaks my heart to envision young people destroying each other for usually a not to good cause.

War is truly Hell, I believe, and we have to do everything in our power to stop this madness.

But in the end We need
and
to survive not hatred and darkness
edit on 8-8-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

This seems unprecedented. I know that many countries have threatened the United States in the past. I don't know if the vitriol has been at quite the same level. Also, and even more to the point, I don't remember a United States President meeting such threats with the same level of bellicosity as Trump has manifested here. Is there a precedent in history? Something similar? If there is, it could mean this is just how they are playing the game, but even then, it seems like playing with fire (pun intended) to me.

This is reckless no matter what really.

I do wonder if all of those talking about how much they admire Trumps balls will have the same er... spine(?) stiffening admiration for all this Big Man rhetoric when they see the mushroom cloud. It's dismaying because I think most of them will. I'm sure they'll think of it as Death Before Dishonor, when really it's just Death Before Admitting I've Made a Terrible Mistake.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Before you know it, they are all laughing rockets at each other.

If it were only so - laughing rockets would - rock, compared to the alternatives.

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well it would not be anything good, thats a given.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jwh125

Iran doesn't have nukes.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Knowing that you are likely going to be used as cannon fodder it amazes me how many people still join the military.

That's the problem, your uniform won't save you..that's for sure.
There have been times when there is a real need to go to war, the scale of which is unsurpassed by both, 'World Wars' while it's very vague as to how long those wars should really have lasted, if you are a soldier, once you are there, you just take orders...that's the way it works. That makes you vulnerable, just for starters.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

no sweetness, I don't want him to use them. bless your heart, tho.

edit on 8-8-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But I don't get what people want Trump to do?

Should he pass this situation to the next administration and do nothing as past administrations have done?

If he does that, there is a good chance that Japan will decide to arm, which may escalate tensions in the entire region.
And 8 years from now, NK will have even better weapons and will be more aggressive.

Should he have said nothing, and just attacked NK?

It seems many on here have a problem with Trumps "big mouth". So would you rather he just bomb NK rather than saber rattle?

Should he just sanction NK or China.

It seems obvious NK sanctions have no effect. And sanctions on China could not on;y do nothing to help this situation, but create a whole new set of economic problems and raise hostilities with China.

I feel like many of the people criticizing Trump over this have no idea what they would like to see him do; they just no they will blame him for any bad outcome.

If he tries only diplomacy and being very nice to NK, and in the future they attack someone, he will be faulted. If he is aggressive and it results in bloodshed, he will be faulted.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sure it could be him flapping his gums again but Kim wont take that chance. He's friggin nuts enough and hawkish enough to make the first move.

Gotta love a good auto correct folks. Kim Whitaker indeed. Lol
edit on 882017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trump should call a summit

The Russians, Chinese, The US, North Koreans, South Koreans, the Japanese .s of state and foreign ministers should stay in a room until this is settled

If it works Trump might be considered for a Nobel peace prize

We could honestly be proud of Trump about something.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I hear you whole heartedly.....

Heres the other problem. We dont know how credible any of all of this is. Trump does. Unfortunately I have to assume theres some semblance of truth. Obama correctly told Trump that NK would be his greatest issue. Thats because its been a problem brewing for decades.

This isnt on Trump. But the response is. I ask that he not be a hypocrite... Whatever that means. He blasted Obama for the red line in Syria... So dont make the same mistake Mr President.

Go on tv. State your case. Dont use twitter. Dont use Real News Network. A national address on all networks. Then call congress. Ask them for the power to go to war if its needed.(even though this is the Korean peninsula, I understand a paused war) Tell the American people just how close NK is to really launching a nuke with verifiable facts that we the masses can understand.

In short, get some credibility back, and perhaps we can all back him ? At least we wont rip each other to shreds as WW3 begins.
edit on 8-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

But are his generals and other . honchos up for such a conflict and the fallout both political and literally that comes with it? I think not really.

Possibly worth considering TPTB don't want a nuclear war down to the fact that control over the masses goes right out the window in any such scenario, no control, no power, no point, certainly not much spoils of war.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I live in the middle of the biggest air and sea power installations concentration in the mid Atlantic. I've seen Aegis weapons system demonstrated on an Imax screen at the naval museum in Norfolk Virginia. I also hear the fighter jets out of Langley air force base which is only a few miles away. I don't know what kind of secret weapons they may have . We learned about things like bunker busting bombs when they were searching for
So damned Insane (lol) back in the early part of the 2000s. I'm sure not up on that kind of thing.

This kind of talk is just plain scary and unnecessary. He's a bragadocious fool swinging his d___k in the wind.

I wonder if Sessions was at that gathering, or did he fall to sleep...that's dangerous too, he could get executed.

edit on 8-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
We absolutely cannot strike first here. If we do, it's game over for us. Forget who is POTUS right now as Lil Kim don't give a hoot. He has been banging this drum for far to long now. It's only a matter of time.

This is getting serious and the obvious play is to fortify the west coast, Hawaii and anywhere else in range of NK with as much anti-ICBM technology that we have.

Wait for them to launch, intercept, then strike.

The only reason we got away with it in Japan is unfortunately because of Pearl Harbor. If NK strikes first and we defend then the rest of the world will have to sit back and look at NK like "nope, you shouldn't have done that".

link   

I believe that a return to war on the Korean peninsula could be inevitable regardless of who is sitting in the Oval Office.

I do however think that with Trump in office it makes it much more dangerous.

Now I do not think that Trump had to say what he had to say, could go one of two ways, either lil Kim is going to crap himself and slowly start to back down. Or he is going to just keep gong with it, keep it up thinking that Trump will never carry out his threat.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

And this is the crux of the situation. The ones screaming the loudest about going to war won't be within 5,000 miles of the front lines. Just a bunch of armchair warriors in my opinion, doing nothing to help the problem, just sitting back and enjoying everyone else but themselves dying.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: AlephOne
"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before." - United States President Donald J. Trump

*smiles with pride*

My president said that.

Are you or any other ATS members going to fight on the front lines????? Didnt think so

In WW3, we all on the front line, honey.

I don't think anyone has talked to little kim like that before and lived.

So maybe it will wake him up a little bit.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have no doubt Trump will screw this up. He seems to not want to listen to the opinions from his staff.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join