It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Poetic justice really if Trump started a nuclear exchange via Twitter.

Not with a bang but with a Twitter. LoL

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
North Korea may have already developed a miniaturized nuclear warhead. It sure seems like one day it is going to nuke somebody. Their goal right now is to have a nuclear missile be able to reach the United States.

I'm not usually for war but in this case, are we going to wait around until they nuke someone? I've heard that once a nuclear missile is launched, it can be extremely hard to shoot down.

Trump may have the rhetoric down on this one, but I'll wait and see what action his administration takes (if any). I think China and Russia don't want the U.S. interfering in North Korea, which could make things diplomatically complicated.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Poetic justice really if Trump started a nuclear exchange via Twitter.

Not with a bang but with a Twitter. LoL

Could you imagine how stupid that would sound to our ancestors in the history books.

"WWIII started with a strange thing called a "tweet" a early 21st century method of communication used during the technological age before the ensuing nuclear war that would eventually lead to the second Stone Age"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well my we granny always used to say "If you don't have anything relevant to say best to stay quiet".

After all its better to appear mysterious than stupid any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I live in the middle of the biggest air and sea power installations concentration in the mid Atlantic. I've seen Aegis weapons system demonstrated on an Imax screen at the naval museum in Norfolk Virginia. I also hear the fighter jets out of Langley air force base which is only a few miles away. I don't know what kind of secret weapons they may have . We learned about things like bunker busting bombs when they were searching for
So damned Insane (lol) back in the early part of the 2000s. I'm sure not up on that kind of thing.

This kind of talk is just plain scary and unnecessary. He's a bragadocious fool swinging his d___k in the wind.

link   

link   
sadly i think civilization is dumb enough to do the world war thing again. the bubble of tension must burst.
it's all rather a downer.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The last thing I want to see is a war. I don't want any innocent people to die over this, and that includes the civilians in North Korea.

But I honestly don't know what the right answer is.

I normally call out the US nation changing wars. But this feels different. Its not like Iraq or Afghanistan, or Syria or Libya. In all of those places, we inserted ourselves knowing there was no direct threat to us. But NK is not only actually making direct threats, but seems to be bragging about having the technology to do catastrophic damage.

Although I am against all of the wars I mentioned, I also understand that some wars must be fought because the alternative is allowing a madman to butcher innocents. Maybe its one of those times.

Or maybe its another neocon push to warmonger.

I don't know, but I pray this can be resolved without war.

But I don't know enough to know if I should be criticizing Trump for this or not. On one hand, he does come off sounding like a macho tough guy. But on the other hand, nothing else has worked.

I don't think his bravado will intimidate Kim Jong Un, who seems crazy. But perhaps Trump can use he supposed craziness to his advantage. Maybe his bluster will spur China to action, who may think Trump actually is ready to bomb NK, and therefore they may have a motive for finally taking action to avoid a messy conflict.

I am thinking about all of you that are worried you may be in areas that could be targeted, and all other people that could be affected.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephOne

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump and Kim, one is gasoline and the other is fire. They exchange places one becomes gasoline for a while and the other fire—There’s no water, nothing to put the flames out, no calming influence, no wisdom, no sanity—no skillful means—just bluster and threats.

It makes me wonder whos going to blink first and cast the first stone.

Call Kim what you will but I respect a man with testicular fortitude, heart and stamina to not be bullied. I SAID A MAN. Not writer, or SJW/"fighter".... a man with a pair that hangs, a cane and backbone to match.

Having fought many hand-to-hand battles in my lifetime; worthy adversaries are a specialty all to themselves. Until you get physically hit you never know what caliber your opponent is.

p.s.

and VIDEO GAMES DO NOT COUNT.

Then who do you like Mayweather or Mcgregor,

In this case though I think Trumps a little too old for Kim

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wonder who would play Trump in that straight to TV future movie?

Assuming of course there will be anyone around with a TV left to watch such?
edit on 8-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If North Korea has the capacity that is being claimed for it, I am a Dutchman. If I had to make a bet at this precise moment, I would put a modest amount on this being another cooked-up WMD scare that gradually falls apart when you examine the supposed evidence for it. North Korea had about eight nukes two or three years ago, by all estimates, and it had taken them about a decade to get to that stage. Suddenly they have dozens and we've only just noticed? Nah, don't buy this at all.

I think it's a judo-throw. NK has been bigging up its powers for a little while now, and so the US is pretending to believe them. What's NK gonna do? Deny it? Or keep quiet? Neither option is good for Mini Mao.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Trump should pressure China into acting against North Korea. Control your nut of a neighbor.

I'm sure Canadians understand that sort of pressure well lately.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If they take him seriously . He's also known as a bit of a braggart and a liar.
The trouble with Donald Sybil trump is, we never know which one we're dealing with.
But now he's got the whole world sitting up and looking at him like whoa dude calm the # down.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And NK has issued a response to Trumps claim.

The KPA Strategic Force is now carefully examining the operational plan for making an enveloping fire at the areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic rocket Hwasong-12 in order to contain the U.S. major military bases on Guam including the Anderson Air Force Base in which the U.S. strategic bombers, which get on the nerves of the DPRK and threaten and blackmail it through their frequent visits to the sky above south Korea, are stationed and to send a serious warning signal to the U.S.

www.zerohedge.com...

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DanDanDat
Well my we granny always used to say "If you don't have anything relevant to say best to stay quiet".
After all its better to appear mysterious than stupid any day of the week.

Or, in the words of the Prophet: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

link   
a reply to: Grambler

The Secretary of State made a decent gesture the other day saying to Kim the US doesn’t want to do a regime change or conquer his country…
I don’t know what came of that but apparently not much with Trump now hurling these threats

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Imagine NATO turning their backs on us and employing economic sanctions against us!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

North Korea seriously considering strike on Guam, state media says

North Korea said on Wednesday it is "carefully examining" a plan to strike the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam with missiles, just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump told the North that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury".

Back in 2013 - Korea North threatened Guam.

Seems like they're falling back on plan A?

thesaneone I came back to the thread to look for info on Guam and there you are with the url! Thanks!

peace

edit on 5858Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
didn't he say something like "if we've got them why not use them" during the campaign?? he's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No. We sure don't. Weapons like that destroy for generations.
Use enough and we don't even know what will happen.
All they can do is theorize the results.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join