It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old raped by relative can have abortion without parents’ consent, Alabama court rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Alabama court system recently decided that a 12 year old rape victim should be allowed to have an abortion, without her abusive mother's consent. Matter of fact, they decided this twice. Ya see, the pro life wacko district attorney appealed the decision the first time.

she's 12 years old!! oh yes, it's a life or death decision... only it could possibly be a matter of her life and death that might be decided. but no, the only life that matters is that of the unborn fetus!!
MANY 12 YEAR OLDS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF CARRYING A PREGNANCY SAFELY!!!

and, she's probably not capable of deciding what clothes to wear to school... but by all means, let's force her into motherhood... I am completely confident that she will be able to make all those important decisions that come with having this defenseless human that is totally dependent on her for all her necessities...

The victim, whose identity remains anonymous, was raped by an adult relative while living with her mother, stepfather, four siblings, and uncle. After her mother turned physically abusive upon learning about her pregnancy, police placed the young girl into the Department of Human Resources’ custody.

The young girl told her caseworker that she wanted an abortion, and she filed a petition to the juvenile court for a waiver to a state law that requires written parental consent for an abortion. The court granted the waiver at first, but a district attorney appealed it later that day, believing that the victim was “too immature to make an informed decision and that there is no evidence that the abortion would be in the minor’s best interest.”

But the appeals court ultimately found the juvenile court’s decision valid, pointing out that the victim has the maturity required to understand abortion’s impact. “In this case, the minor is in the custody of DHR based on reports of physical abuse at the hands of her mother,” the court said. “The minor consistently stated that she wanted an abortion, that she was too young to care for a child, that she was scared, and that she did not want to have a child.”

www.dailydot.com...

no 12 year old rape victim should have to go through court hearings and such a media frenzy as this just to protect HER LIFE AND WELLBEING!!

edit on Mon Jul 24 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
But, but...but god willed that baby into her and how do we know it was a legitimate rape?

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Way to cherry pick one case out of 600k abortions per year. I am against abortion overall but am fine with it being allowed in the case of rape, which is maybe 3% of all abortions. Get rid of the other 598k convenience abortions the USA does.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
But, but...but god willed that baby into her and how do we know it was a legitimate rape?

You don't have to believe in God to be against killing babies.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If not through the courts how do you propose this be done? I understand your frustration about the district attorney, and I agree with you, but how else is this to be handled?
There appears to be a mechanism in place, and it appears to have worked. Would you rather a system with no appeals?

link   
Let the kid have the obortion, one less bottom feeder on the taxpayers dime. I mean that's what the founder of planed parenthood thought, a great way to cull the herd. Unfortunate issue for all involved. Id like to hear more about the life sentence for the rapist?or is this just a cultural thing that we don't understand?a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
More black children are aborted than are born.

No agenda there

Divide yourselves amongst your talking points.
edit on 24-7-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

what gets me is that even if she had it, she probably wouldn't have been allowed to keep it. it seems to me that if the abortion would cause her so much life long mental anguish then I imagine having the baby forcibly taken away would probably have just as much...

but mostly, I am amazed at just how these two seem to fake their compassion while completely ignoring the effect that her carrying the child to term would have on her... how easily they can discount the dangers to her life. it's like oh ya, save the poor fertilized egg, it has rights, but if that little egg develops to be a girl, well, then she can so easily lose these rights at the whim of a sick man with an overactive sex drive!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes i agree this is cruel and totally senseless.I am pro-life but in the case of rape i can support the abortion,most especially if the rape victim is this young! What i do not understand-why was this child not given the morning after pill,after the rape,just to be on the safe side? That would have negated the need for all this trauma.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

when it comes to 6th graders....
it should be a given!!!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
the rapist was a member of the family,
she is 12 years old and well, probably doesn't know that much about pregnancy..
and her family seems to have been abusive and neglectfull....
so, well, they probably didn't know there was a problem until later, when the easy method wasn't available.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Precisely.I have nothing to do with religion and worship nothing,and i feel in my deepest soul core that abortion is wrong,although of course i can see the need for it if the pregnancy genuinely endangers the life of the mother,or a pregnancy caused by rape.Don't assume a person is a religious nut because they are pro-life.It is Not an accurate assumption.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Poor girl,i feel for her.What a terrible,terrible situation

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

when it comes to 6th graders....
it should be a given!!!

What should be a given?
What part of the system did not work to your liking?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Way to cherry pick one case out of 600k abortions per year. I am against abortion overall but am fine with it being allowed in the case of rape, which is maybe 3% of all abortions. Get rid of the other 598k convenience abortions the USA does.

How do you do that?

What's stopping anyone from saying they were raped just to get an abortion?

Allowing abortions only in the case of rape will just turn those "convenience abortions" into "rape" abortions.

The only solution is having abortions convenient for all and leave it up to the person to make a choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

first... she is 12 years old, her young age increases the risk to her health and death!!
second, if there is a risk to health and death... delaying action only increases that risk!!
there should be no delay!! none, nadda! no courts, no hearings, no appeals, nothing! the girl or women is the one who is possibly sacrificing her life... weather or not she chooses to make that sacrifice should be up to her!

second.... these two wackos going to the media about it!! what happened to the girl's privacy? she's a young girl, not a danged political pawn!

edit on 24-7-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Giving birth is unbelievably painful and even adults have a hard time with it let alone a terrified 12 yr old girl.
She had all control over her body taken from her the moment she was raped so it should be up to the courts to defend her rights as a minor and allow her to go back to being a 12 yr old girl with this horror behind her if she ever can.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a 12 year old is still a growing child, she's still building her bones. a baby takes a lot of minerals one of which is calcium...
so, tell me just how a pregnancy wouldn't effect her growth??? should she suffer from low density bones for the rest of her life because some ass couldn't keep his zipper zipped???

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

If not through the courts how do you propose this be done?

Through doctors?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

na... they lie!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join