It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Here is someone who claims he was.

A French ex-Mason/Satanist?

French. Need more be said?

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'll believe everything you say if you agree to yoke some horses to your father's chariot, and drive them through the sky while you scorch the earth. Here, have a spoonful: www.thoughtco.com/platos-atlantis-from-the-timaeus-119667

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I feel sorry for profane like you.

Yes, I'm a Freemason and an Adept in the SRICF. I've done a lot and I am many things.

Oh, it's on YouTube. It must be true.

No one has said the planet belongs to Freemasonry.

So you, a non-Mason, is capable of learning our secrets, but 99.9% of Mason don't know? Hmmmm....seems like hubris to me.

Nothing in taking our obligations makes us unfit for public service.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I would hate to have 15 years invested in research, and be at the place you are now. I have researched Free Masonry for about 13 years now. I joined in 2007 after reading a good bit of what you likely spent 15 years reading, because I wanted the truth. And I realized that the only way to find the truth was to be on the inside.

I did find the hidden secrets, and the super secret realm. But more importantly, I found the truth. I do hope you find it as well, one day. For a person to be interested in esoteric studies and not be a Freemason is a waste. You could share so much of what you know with others who truly want to hear what you say.

But either way, I hope you are doing well and things are good for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

spend a little time reading through some old threads here. It used to be a bit wilder, but it seems the rage is all past or moved on to a new target.

There are/were some great minds here.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another question at what level do you learn Magic Missile?.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you Brother. I was bored at work one night, I think it was last Friday, and decided to google for Masonic chat forums. I landed here, captured by the curious headline: 'I Left...Happy to Talk...' It's such an old thread; I was surprised to see some people were still posting to it. I went through all the posts, very impressed with the quality of some of them. Clearly, there are, as you say, some remarkable inidviduals here who are very skilled at defending the Fraternity against the attacks of the Cowans. Do you have any threads or people in mind for me to 'follow' here? I would love to jump in somewhere and contribute in some way. From browsing around in the last few days, I find ATF incredibly fascinating. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

Glad you made it here used to be a lot better but now it's all politics.
Cowens? not heard of that do explain?.
I find you all very nice btw you are up for a laugh and don't take anything too seriously.
I just wish I had photos of some of the old places I have worked which were built by Masons a hundred or so years ago, the wood paneling in one place wow! all adorned with masonic carvings.
The secret society sub forum has quite a bit to do with Masons normally saying you all eat babies and such but it is fun and good to learn from actual Masons.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'm just gonna come clean and tell all you sheeples the truth. We worship Satan, mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays since Wednesdays are for fundraisers. Will also microchip all children so when Tuesdays and Thursdays roll around we know how to rustle up a few for the sacrifices. Finally we control the Federal Reserve and HBO.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I knew it
can I be a evil Butler for the chief Mason Grandmaster Flash?.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

it's all politics

Thanks for the warning. I'll hold my nose and keep a giant fly swatter beside me for when they come out of my screen. Have you seen those videos of flies from hell landing on Hillary and Obama?

Cowens? not heard of that do explain

I could but I'm afraid it might lead to getting my heart ripped out of my chest. I lost my tongue last month for similar reasons. I talked too much to Cowans online and ... guh ... what was I thinking?! Alas, one can live without one's tongue but...one's heart?

I find you all very nice btw you are up for a laugh and don't take anything too seriously.

Clearly, you've never been to a Lodge meeting.

built by Masons a hundred or so years ago

I'm going for lunch with a few of the original construction workers of those old buildings in about an hour. I'll tell them how impressed you are with their handiwork.

secret society sub ... eat babies ... it is fun and good ...

Yes, I've tried one of those subs before...fun and good but, a little on the chewy side.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

The "Lament of Hermes" is upon us, no?

Death throes of the last satrap (XXXI)?

What do the stars say?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I would hate to have 15 years invested in research, and be at the place you are now. I have researched Free Masonry for about 13 years now. I joined in 2007 after reading a good bit of what you likely spent 15 years reading, because I wanted the truth. And I realized that the only way to find the truth was to be on the inside.

I did find the hidden secrets, and the super secret realm. But more importantly, I found the truth. I do hope you find it as well, one day. For a person to be interested in esoteric studies and not be a Freemason is a waste. You could share so much of what you know with others who truly want to hear what you say.

First, I must compliment you on, being a gentleman, woman, on the subject, which I believe reflects maturity. Above all else, a credit upon yourself. Thank you.

I hope you can understand my position and personal choice in not joining this organization. To me, taking an oath means that I submit completely to it, regardless of subject matter. As the old saying goes "You can only serve one master". I have already taken my "Oath".

For a person to be interested in esoteric studies and not be a Freemason is a waste.

To study "Esoteric" no matter the subject matter, can never be a waist. Studying any subject under a controlled environment such as a organized class, collage course, group, organization, secret society, ect, will always be limited by the bias of the instructor, teacher, sage, etc. Free Masonry is no different in that respect. You have by laws, bible, and a frame work of rules that limit the members personal thinking. There was no way I could have discovered what I searched for, originally, in Free Masonry. "I found the light" , I found, my "Light", without, Freemasonry. It wasn't a waist, for me..

I did find the hidden secrets, and the super secret realm

I have to explain something before I go on. The "monkey trap".

The trap for a monkey is based in psychology. The trap is devised so the monkeys open hand can slip through the bars of the trap, to grasp a banana. Once the banana is in the closed hand it is too large to be extracted back through the bars. Hence, the Monkey will not let go of the banana, even at the expense of its personal freedom. In Freemasonry the banana is what you have quoted above. It plays on every persons greed to have something, no one else does. But for a more practical use in FM, and every day events, the Banana is personal contacts, business deals, rubbing elbows with more powerful members, benefits, etc. And for some, maybe even face to face meetings with those "Fictitious" inhabitence of that super secret realm.

Someone earlier stated they didn't think I was too "bright". Well, how bright is someone who can't let go of a banana? Or for that matter, see the trap for what it is, what it really is. You seem to think the only way to understand the organization is to join. And as I have pointed out earlier, there are many ways to discover its covert operations. I do not need to stick my finger in the fire, to know its hot.

You could share so much of what you know with others who truly want to hear what you say.

Yes, I suppose I could, and do, on a limited basis. I'm sure you understand the organized effort to "Dumb Down" the Smart Moneys. Fluoride in just about everything has taken its tole on mankind. You can see that playing out on the political stage, and something FMs are not allowed to discuss, in the lodge. You can see how Religion has harnessed the minds of the people, and again, something FMs may not discuss, in the lodge. The Smart Moneys have been converted into docile sheep, who are trained in application, to follow, not lead. And those who are not outright stupefied, are collected into organizations controlled by a intellectual "Oath".

Free Masonry is not the only "Esoteric" subject I was forced to study. Yes, Forced!(Voluntarily) I realized early that getting to the truth was going to be more involved than talking to one person, or one mindset, one religion, or one organization. Or, one God. The "Underground Stream" is not the only avenue to acquire knowledge... They too, have their own "Money Trap" to try and overcome.

And a most sincere, same to ya

Be safe
ASE

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
The stars say I need to read the Corpus Hermeticum again.

Well, as a Christian, Freemasonry doesn't force me to serve another Master, another God.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: eisegesis
The stars say I need to read the Corpus Hermeticum again.

Well, as a Christian, Freemasonry doesn't force me to serve another Master, another God.
Who said you did? You serve your Oath.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If I may interject, I'd like to address some of your concerns. Please understand that I am not doing this on behalf of 'network dude'; he will more than likely reply to you, too [and for all I know, he might have already replied to you while I was engaged in writing this], and he might very well disagree with me, and that's perfectly okay because, you see, Masons are individually entitled to their own opinions, and our opinions do not have to be identical. That is why we are 'Free'-Masons (unlike the cults, which some have uncritically labelled us as).

First off, I apologize for posting a rude comment about you earlier, with regard to your intelligence. I misjudged you, or unfairly judged you; and, I should never have judged you in the first place. You are very 'bright', indeed, judging by the quality of your posts. It was ungentlemanly of me to criticize you. Besides, it reflected poorly on the Fraternity to which I belong, for which I am also sorry. I hope you (as well as the members of this forum who might have seen my negative comment about you) will forgive me. I hereby retract it.

So then....

taking an oath means ...

We are somewhat in agreement with regard to what taking an oath entails. To take a Masonic oath, however, is something much deeper than what you have declared about taking an oath. You said it means to...

submit completely to it.

Yes, to a certain degree but, not quite.

Drawing from 'The Work', a book that we all rely upon as Freemasons as our 'guiding light'; first, and in the Masonic sense, to take an oath means to take a "solemn obligation", "founded on the principles" of Masonic "piety and virtue". "...[V]ows of fidelity are required" that "are not inconsistent with...civil, moral or religious duties". In other words, if the Masonic oath conflicts with your social mores and values, you should not take it. You should not 'submit' to anything you don't feel comfortable with. For this reason, I respect your decision not to join our Fraternity. You seem to have decided that it would conflict with your own "civil, moral or religious duties" , which ought to take priority in life. That is honourable of you. That is what we believe.

Secondly, before taking the 'oath', the Master of the Lodge ensures that each candidate for initiation is informed of the following, from which, if he does not agree, he is free to retreat (he may leave the Lodge; the ceremony would then come to an end, and we would go on about our regular business; although, I myself have never witnessed this happen): The Master says, "Mr. [so-and-so], it is my duty to inform you that Masonry, being free, requires a perfect freedom of inclination in every candidate for its mysteries".

In other words, you must come for initiation of your own volition because it is something your heart compels you to do. In fact, the first question asked of a candidate is, "Where were you first made a Mason"? The response to that question (which only the candidate himself can know whether or not it is a genuine response) is, "In my heart...."

Thus, every candidate enbarks upon the path of initiation of his own free will; then, if he agrees to it, he will continue upon his journey and freely volunteer to take "vows of fidelity" which oblige him to "keep inviolate the secrets and mysteries of the Order". (Question: What are those "secrets and mysteries"? That is for us to know, and for you to find out! Hint: 'Modes of Recognition'.) : )

The obligation, or 'oath', is then taken "in the presence of the Great Architect of the Universe" and witnessed by all the Brethren present. It is a very solemn promise made to your God and to the worldwide Order of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons.

Essentially, then, you are correct: taking the Masonic oath does mean to "submit completely" - but not to anyone or anything other than to the terms and conditions of your contract, so to speak.

You could think of it as a contract between you and your God. It is a "sacred promise", a "pledge of your fidelity"; and, initiation into a Lodge (which is the most ancient of communal traditions) is designed to induct you into an order of "men who prize honour and virtue above the external advantages of rank and fortune"; and, to encourage you to become, more and more, just such a man who also prizes the same in his own life. That, in my estimation, is worth submitting to!

In doing so, you submit to your own God and show it by maintaining your honour in the eyes of a community of your Brethren who all have devoted themselves to the very same objective. (It's not easy! Nor is supposed to be easy to 'find the Holy Grail'.)

Imagine: You have just taken your vows and are now a part of something larger and greater than yourself, something that truly transcends 'you' in time and space. It is a certain 'je ne c'est quoi'; something that we, as Masons, take very seriously; an ideal, perhaps; and, we try to spead that transcendent ideal all over the world. It is an ideal that transcends all division. That is, you are now part of a worldwide Fraternity whose members hold sacred the concepts of Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth, the Fatherhood of God, the Brotherhood of man, peace, freedom and harmony under the one canopy of heaven - and who strive in unity to put those concepts into practice. Is there something wrong with that?

Respectfully.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The Obligations of Freemasonry are not personified beings to serve. I live by my Obligation.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

How to upload avatar, make profile nice?

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

As the master is preparing to have the candidate offer his oath, he explains to the brother that nothing he is about to agree to conflicts with God, his country, his neighbor, or himself. It's a trust thing, but then that's kind of the big picture in Freemasonry. When you are blind and defenseless, you are presented with a trusted friend to help guide you.

I can fully respect your choice not to join, but I do feel it's important that you make that decision based on real facts, and not what you think you know.

A person like yourself would likely be a better mason than most, as you are already invested with the esoteric knowledge that is meant to guide a mason. But you can do all that things a mason would without the apron. (and the hat, we have friggin hats for everything)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

How to upload avatar, make profile nice?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you find a moderator that you like, you can ask them for help as well, but they usually want a sacrifice of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join