It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I spent several years actively involved in Freemasonry, and after considerable time and reflection I decided to permanently leave the Fraternity in 2014.

During my years as a Mason I rarely visited sites like this. I have not been on ATS at all until very recently. I remember this site being a place where talk on the subject occurred regularly. I would like to answer any questions about the subject, engage in meaningful discussion; and possibly expound on what I speculate about the future of Freemasonry (at least in the Southern USA).

At any rate, I joined a fairly large, well established Lodge, some time ago in the Southern USA. I worked my way through the Officer's line and became Master of my Lodge. I worked the entirety of the York, and Scottish RItes, and was actively involved in Degree Teams until the year I became Worshipful Master. It was late in my tenure as Master that has began to have very serious thoughts about leaving permanently, and did in the summer of 2016. After a year of post-departure reflection. I am confident in my decision; and am resolved to begin sharing my experiences, making good where I can.

So... if there is anything pro, con, or whatever, I am happy to respond here.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What lead to your decision to leave ?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GoatWizard

Now that world domination is nearly complete, what are the end game plans?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hi GW.

What tenets of FM, do you think would be most useful and helpful for society at large?

(OK: everyone wants to know: do FMs go running-around the woods naked, beating drums? That's fun!)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Were you sick of sacrificing babies to baphomet? Sick of looking at black and white squares? Is the NWO extraterrestrial harvest almost ready? Do vampire potbelly goblins get annoying?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Any proof? Without it, you're likely to be labeled a troll or shill.

Especially since you said you haven't been on ats at all until recently but if you look into your profile, you see comments left from 2012.

"I have not been on ATS at all until very recently."
edit on 20-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As an agnostic self-employed proprietor in the tech field (networking, digital microwave hardware), would it be beneficial if I join the masons?
edit on 7/20/2017 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I find your post to not only seem interesting, but genuine. I thank you for deciding to post something like this.
Well, I have a few questions:

Is there anything about Freemasonry that you refuse to share?

What made you decide to join in the first place, (& how?)?

Is there any interesting or intriguing bits of information learned or obtained during your time in Freemasonry?

Will there be any reprocussions if a member of Freemasonry finds out about your decision & this post?

What is something the Freemasonry knows that the general "public" doesn't not?

edit on 20-7-2017 by Shadys321 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How long do you think you have before Augie sends the wetwork team to your house?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What sort of topics CAN you discuss and what can you not get into? Did you have to sign any type of an NDA upon departure?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

What made you quit?

I am currently taking a break from attending meetings, but will not quit paying my dues(blue lodge and York Rite). I can't fathom just giving it up.

Would you kindly expound on the reasons for your departure?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why should anyone believe you?

Show us proof that you "were" a Mason.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Did you leave in 2016 (title) or 2014 (when you said you left the fraternity in OP)?
edit on 20-7-2017 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You mention the southern US specifically and what direction those lodges will be heading in, will you elaborate on that? My grandfather was a mason down south and he met a fairly shady demise over 2 decades ago. Not that you know anything about that but are there illicit back room moves being made involving men of esteem and prestige? I understand if you can not or will not go into specifics but a general yes/no would suffice.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoatWizard
...I decided to permanently leave the Fraternity in 2014.

It was late in my tenure as Master that has began to have very serious thoughts about leaving permanently, and did in the summer of 2016.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You've obviously moved up through the ranks very quickly.
How unusual is that?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'd be interested in hearing about any experiences you have had. a reply to: GoatWizard

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Are you going to answer any of the questions?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If you don't respond soon I'm just gonna assume they tracked your IP address and potato-sacked your head....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

originally posted by: GoatWizard
...I decided to permanently leave the Fraternity in 2014.

It was late in my tenure as Master that has began to have very serious thoughts about leaving permanently, and did in the summer of 2016.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You caught that too.

I was wondering if he means he made up his mind to leave in 2014 but didn't actually quit until 2016.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join