It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

originally posted by: GoatWizard
...I decided to permanently leave the Fraternity in 2014.

It was late in my tenure as Master that has began to have very serious thoughts about leaving permanently, and did in the summer of 2016.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, I seriously began considering it in 2014, my final decision came in 2016. My apologies for the poor explanation.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It was late in my tenure as Master that has began to have very serious thoughts about leaving permanently, and did in the summer of 2016.

Yes, I seriously began considering it in 2014, my final decision came in 2016. My apologies for the poor explanation.

I'd already gathered that, to be honest.
I'm surprised others didn't realise that's what you meant.

What's the best thing you learned/took away from Masonry?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Are Shriners Masons?
Or do Masons tend to be Shriners?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
You mention the southern US specifically and what direction those lodges will be heading in, will you elaborate on that? My grandfather was a mason down south and he met a fairly shady demise over 2 decades ago. Not that you know anything about that but are there illicit back room moves being made involving men of esteem and prestige? I understand if you can not or will not go into specifics but a general yes/no would suffice.

I wanted people to know my general geographic location. The Fraternity is diverse to some extent. Some of the racial issues that exist in the South are not nearly so prevalent in the North (especially Northeast and the DC area).

I will tell you that some competition for Officer positions can get nasty; especially at the Grand Lodge level. It's basically typical of American politics.

I will go ahead and say the I was "Regular". Not Prince Hall (which is basically regular anyway), nothing Clandestine, no Grand Lodge of France or any of that nonsense. Regular, as in recognized by the UGLE.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
You've obviously moved up through the ranks very quickly.
How unusual is that?

How unusual? How quick?

I never said.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To become a shriner, you must first become a master mason. a reply to: c2oden

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Unless you are a high powered connected individual who has an impressive resume, your time as a mason was most likely spent enjoying your local lodges fish fry.

Only certain individuals deserving will reap the benifits of the mason brotherhood.

These people would not be an all encompassing blabbermouth.

You may be right, I am not disagreeing.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We're you on the level with the bushs' or rockafellers? Queen of england?

If not I think you'd only get a view of the foothills, let alone the summitt.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FratrePest
If I may ask, how old are you as of 2016? I had no idea about this ongoing in Goergia, but I don't hear much these days. Sounds like a Wiley Coyote was trying to get out from under that lambskin. a reply to: GoatWizard

I am 50 today.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
This is some attention whoring BS.

Like if a stripper went into a gamer forum and said "I'm a stripper, ask me anything!".

Yea, where's my dollar??

LOL.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FratrePest

What? My hometown had a dozen or so Shriners running around in small cars during the hometown parade. Theres no way those dudes were master of .....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I'd already gathered that, to be honest.
I'm surprised others didn't realise that's what you meant.

What's the best thing you learned/took away from Masonry?

You know, it didn't hurt. I put a lot of time, effort , and money into it. I became better read, perhaps a more refined individual. I have to say the experience made me better- however, my leaving is part of my experience. That fact that I found that i could now longer be a part of it is important to me.

A bad thing, it kept me away from family more than I should have let it. A good thing, it was a place I could work hard and learn. Work is it's own reward. Increasing knowledge is always good.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Wait, you know about the black (Afghans) and grey /white (Mc Finnegans) squirrels? My group gave them those names for reference purposes. Those are our code words for them. It was a secret.

I am curious though why you chose to mention them. My group of friends have been observing a large scale mass squirrel war that has been raging for decades in NY.

Seriously. Those two colors /Clans of squirrels hate each other.

I thought it was just some funny local thing.

OP:

What do you think was the most valuable lesson you learned? Happy birthday~!
edit on 7 20 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: GoatWizard

Hi GW.

What tenets of FM, do you think would be most useful and helpful for society at large?

(OK: everyone wants to know: do FMs go running-around the woods naked, beating drums? That's fun!)

What tenets? Are there any that are actually unique to Freemasonry. I don't believe so. One does not have to be a Mason to be kind and charitable. In fact, Freemasonry preys on the generosity of its members. It would be worthless without it.

Thanks for your reply.
Most organizations do seem to require support from the inside, which doesn't seem to be a big issue.
There always seems to big a big difference between the lower-levels, who do all the work, and a few select higher-ups, who reap multiple benefits.

So just Tuesday night paddlin's, and Thursday night teabaggin's then?

It is subtle. The one's that do the brunt of the work are the one's that agree to. A mason can take his Degrees, pay his dues, and do nothing ever again if he so chooses. I tended to call those "Masons in Name Only", but respectfully, I am sure some just go on their way and study quietly on their own.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

a reply to: Sheye

My initial thoughts were the was nothing else for me to do. There were little side Degrees and Orders, but they are all just more of the same... I was actually feeling a deep dissatisfaction.

I learned that I was dissatisfied with the general commonalities among members and the actual dynamics of my Lodge. Evan my being in charge for a year was not going to undo the present course and the 100 years of dysfunction I experienced.

For example, I realized I could no longer have friendly and frequent associations with gun loving individuals, nor people that publicly took one position on race, but took a very different one in actual practice. could go on all day like this probably, but that is enough.

Over time, I realized that Freemasonry is at odds with my personal spiritual direction.

Did you ever think about being a Shriner?

That is something I had a problem with. Mainly due to the behavior of certain individuals that belonged to the Shrine.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Why are yall so obsessed with Solomon's temple?

There was "antidiluvian" (hope I spelled that right) Masonry before Solomonic Masonry. You can see some remnants in the Third Degree (Third Section), and in a couple Scottish Rite Degrees.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks for doing this!

But a few cautionary questions.

First, we meet on the square.

Why three?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

antediluvian, like enochian emerald tablets that tell you how to cobble heavenly sandals?

it aint no Yachin and Boaz, I tell you what.

Why is there a picture of the Sphinx in the Masonic Bible opposite the Book of Esther?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Can you expound on Freemasonry getting in the way of your spiritual advancement? They do say that the way OUT is the Way. a reply to: GoatWizard

Yes.

I may be a little vague at this juncture...

I looked into a lot of martial arts when I was younger, which indirectly introduced me to Buddhism.

As a matter of fact, I suffered for a very long time (suffered as the Buddha would teach about it). When I finally went to the Buddha for relief, I found my way. I stared seeing EVERYTHING differently. My Masonic life was just one of those facets.

I will say that I could no longer square so many things with my change in course.

Here is where you need to understand I tried for over a year to reconcile my new course with my Masonic life. It became very difficult. My leaving was the best thing for everyone, I am certain.

I was Christian once upon a time. That just didn't last long. I always "looked to the East" (pardon the pun) ever since a was very young.

What is happening in this form, is but smallness...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If I may ask, how old are you as of 2016? I had no idea about this ongoing in Goergia, but I don't hear much these days. Sounds like a Wiley Coyote was trying to get out from under that lambskin. a reply to: GoatWizard

I am 50 today.

Happy birthday 🎂

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join