It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I left Freemasonry in 2016, and I am happy to discuss the subject.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FratrePest
Doesn't sound Masonic at all. No lodge takes a stance on politics or personal lifestyles like that. Was it irregular? a reply to: GoatWizard

Hello, Sir: www.warriortalk.com... In practice, Masons have had plenty to say about allowing Blacks in the ranks. They just don't want it public. There are similar issues in West Virginia, Tennessee, and Florida.

IT''S FILTHY. I know it, I had to listen to gripes every day.

We had a nice man from a Regular Lodge in Caifornia visit our Lodge one day. Those ol' bastards had a coronary!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ok, yes, I understand that. I just feel like masonary has two sects. The lower echelon and the highly connected.

After living in DC for 5 years and observing the the city layout and meeting many members I just don't think all masons are privy to all that it can be.

Some get a fish fry on fridays, others rub elbows with old timey ka-nowledge.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: GoatWizard

Any proof? Without it, you're likely to be labeled a troll or shill.

Especially since you said you haven't been on ats at all until recently but if you look into your profile, you see comments left from 2012.

"I have not been on ATS at all until very recently."

Right, 2012. This is 2017. I am not sure what adjectives you need to explain a lapse of 5 years. In actuality, I was part of this place before the GoatWizard registration.

So far as proof, i am not worried about living up to any demands of others. I am the proof of my own volition.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: staple
As an agnostic self-employed proprietor in the tech field (networking, digital microwave hardware), would it be beneficial if I join the masons?

Staple, if you want to please do. I am not here to stop you.

However, that going to want you to state a belief in a Supreme Being- God. Most American ritual is thoroughly entwined with the King James Bible.

Best of luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If I may ask, how old are you as of 2016? I had no idea about this ongoing in Goergia, but I don't hear much these days. Sounds like a Wiley Coyote was trying to get out from under that lambskin. a reply to: GoatWizard

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is some attention whoring BS.

Like if a stripper went into a gamer forum and said "I'm a stripper, ask me anything!".

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321
I find your post to not only seem interesting, but genuine. I thank you for deciding to post something like this.
Well, I have a few questions:

Is there anything about Freemasonry that you refuse to share?

What made you decide to join in the first place, (& how?)?

Is there any interesting or intriguing bits of information learned or obtained during your time in Freemasonry?

Will there be any reprocussions if a member of Freemasonry finds out about your decision & this post?

What is something the Freemasonry knows that the general "public" doesn't not?

I will share just about anything.

My initial interest was because my Grandfather was involved with it, and I began investigating on my own. I got to a point where I felt it was a calling to seek membership.

I learned how much it actually isn't, how illusory it can be in practice: I will bring the blind by a way they knew not. I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them and crooked things straight.... This First Degree circumambulation verse is simply taken from Isaiah in the KJV. This "Masonic Light" cannot shine on its own accord. It is like a parasite.

Repercussions? I might upset some folks. I can get kind of mouthy too!

Masonry has no separate knowledge. However the rituals are elegant and speak to basic goodness and charity. The subject matter is of a profound nature. So is Sunday school for some people.

Thanks for these questions. I am glad to answer them.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
How long do you think you have before Augie sends the wetwork team to your house?

They need to clean that Lodge kitchen!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
What sort of topics CAN you discuss and what can you not get into? Did you have to sign any type of an NDA upon departure?

I can discuss anything. The Fraternity has no claim on my life. I simply wrote the Lodge a simple letter stating I am done. I received a few messages, but only spoke with the Master to say this is happening and goodbye.

link   

originally posted by: GoatWizard

originally posted by: Nothin

Hi GW.

What tenets of FM, do you think would be most useful and helpful for society at large?

(OK: everyone wants to know: do FMs go running-around the woods naked, beating drums? That's fun!)

What tenets? Are there any that are actually unique to Freemasonry. I don't believe so. One does not have to be a Mason to be kind and charitable. In fact, Freemasonry preys on the generosity of its members. It would be worthless without it.

Thanks for your reply.
Most organizations do seem to require support from the inside, which doesn't seem to be a big issue.
There always seems to big a big difference between the lower-levels, who do all the work, and a few select higher-ups, who reap multiple benefits.

So just Tuesday night paddlin's, and Thursday night teabaggin's then?

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Shamrock6

OP is already hanging from a bridge with bricks in his pockets.

Like that Banker from the P2P Lodge? Calvi I believe his name was. It can happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoatWizard
a reply to: Sheye

My initial thoughts were the was nothing else for me to do. There were little side Degrees and Orders, but they are all just more of the same... I was actually feeling a deep dissatisfaction.

I learned that I was dissatisfied with the general commonalities among members and the actual dynamics of my Lodge. Evan my being in charge for a year was not going to undo the present course and the 100 years of dysfunction I experienced.

For example, I realized I could no longer have friendly and frequent associations with gun loving individuals, nor people that publicly took one position on race, but took a very different one in actual practice. could go on all day like this probably, but that is enough.

Over time, I realized that Freemasonry is at odds with my personal spiritual direction.

Did you ever think about being a Shriner?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Gotta be careful being a shriner, you might drop your cane while out looking for a little white dog, and if you do, the girls might giggle at the spectacle. a reply to: NightFlight

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Why are yall so obsessed with Solomon's temple?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

What made you quit?

I am currently taking a break from attending meetings, but will not quit paying my dues(blue lodge and York Rite). I can't fathom just giving it up.

Would you kindly expound on the reasons for your departure?

First, I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay and learn. If you ever find in your heart that you want to leave, that would be the time to leave.

I explained my basic reasoning elsewhere on the thread, but in summary; Freemasonry became an obstacle to my spiritual advancement.

I am sure you can see this though: the initial fascination of the Degrees will fade. Eventually you will come to see there are issues. Now, you are willing to accept the issues, then you will see value in staying. I respect that. I have no axe to grind here.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Why should anyone believe you?

Show us proof that you "were" a Mason.

I addressed this elsewhere.

I am responsible for ONE person's beliefs: MINE.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Can you expound on Freemasonry getting in the way of your spiritual advancement? They do say that the way OUT is the Way. a reply to: GoatWizard

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Star for making me laugh!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Did you leave in 2016 (title) or 2014 (when you said you left the fraternity in OP)?

I was elected to be Worshipful Master for 2014. I sent my letter in in 2016.

Hope this clears it up. My thoughts about leaving became serious around 2014, ending with my final decision in 2016.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

Star for making me laugh!

You'll love this then, Zombie...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join