It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Link

The number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in the past five years, figures show.

Experts have warned that the huge spike is, in part, due to the promotion of transgender issues in schools which they say has encouraged to question their identity, and “sowed confusion” in their minds.

Figures from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS), which is the NHS's only facility for transgender children based at the Tavistock Centre in north London, show that 84 children aged between 3 and 7 were referred last year, compared to 20 in 2012/13.

The number of children referred to the service under the age of ten had also seen a four-fold increase, from 36 in 2012/13 to 165 last year. 

Last year there were a total of 2,016 referrals for youngsters aged between three and 18, more than six times more than the 314 referrals five years previously.

I've expressed these exact sentiments many times here on ATS and I'm always met with the same irrational, emotional and quite frankly, very short-sighted responses. Somebody once said to me that gender dysphoria is extremely rare, and I responded to them that it won't be for much longer if they keep this up, and well would you look at this.. 84 kids between 3 and 7 is about 84 kids too much, and if you can honestly sit there and say this is acceptable and you see nothing wrong with the direction this is going, well you've got more issues than just this one to worry about. I wonder how many parents here would be willing to let their child into a classroom that exclusively talked about gender roles, identities, etc etc? I bet the answer is a resounding ZERO.

Chris McGovern, a former advisor to the Department for Education, said: “It has become an industry, people are making a career out of encouraging children to question gender at an age when they need to be left to be children. When teachers raise these issues children can become confused or unhappy and traumatised by it."

Mr McGovern, who is chair of Campaign for Real Education, added: “In a sense we are imposing adult concerns on children. Schools feel under huge pressures to comply with a politically correct agenda.”

It's pretty simple, let kids be kids, let them learn on their own, and let them learn at their own pace. Who here can refute this -- kids are incapable of understanding all the dynamics and nuances of what a "gender role" may or may not entail? This nonsense does not belong in our schools. Stop mind#ing our kids.. excuse my french..

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
NOT surprising.

I'm all about acceptance and treating folks like that as regular humans if that's the path they choose to take.

But I gotta agree... these kids would never even consider this crap unless it was brought up first. All I hear from the transgender community is how painful and miserable it is ... so why push kids into it?

Side note , I swear I have heard of the Tavistock institute before... have to do some digging but that part rang some conspiracy/NWO bells in my head..

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
. . . these kids would never even consider this crap unless it was brought up first.

You're wrong.

Just like many kids knew at an early age they were gay - - so do transgender kids know their brain gender does not match their physical body.

Sexuality understanding begins around age 3. Look it up.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I'll be interested to hear about your findings

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cultural Marxism has screwed this country up past repairable.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have been arguing all day on my FB about Gender identity , a man's a man and a woman is a woman its that simple and a person with a penis who thinks he's a woman has a mental illness and vice versa for a woman

Off course i was vilified for this opinion today , but like i said if a person belive's a spirit has possessed them are they mentally ill to which they all replied yes

Strange that eh

Gender less people - AI and robotics improving no need for any of us " slave " humans soon

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Anne, there is no doubt that some people are born gay, or are born into the wrong bodies. That's not what this is about. If you really can't see how troubling this is, I'm not sure what else I can say to you..

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hmmm... A politically conservative media source that doesn't like transgenders. Who da thunk it?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I fully agree with you. This is a very disturbing trend. Sh# like this further destroys family structure.

S&F for dropping a knowledge bomb. Destructive and detrimental acts are not something we need to tolerate.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So are you saying the numbers are made up and this is just anti-transgendered propaganda?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

the article says in 2012 there were 20 of them
how is that possible? you said a kid would never talk about it if not brought up first somewhere along the way.

this was not being talked about 5 years ago.
not like now

those 20 kids were probably just in the know huh

edit

steamyjeans said it
sorry
edit on 8-7-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone

I have been arguing all day on my FB about Gender identity , a man's a man and a woman is a woman its that simple and a person with a penis who thinks he's a woman has a mental illness and vice versa for a woman

Off course i was vilified for this opinion today , but like i said if a person belive's a spirit has possessed them are they mentally ill to which they all replied yes

Strange that eh

Gender less people - AI and robotics improving no need for any of us " slave " humans soon

I wholeheartedly agree. Any person who is confused as to what sex they are only need to strip in front of a mirror to straighten it out. Anything else is a DEEP psychosis.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think some focus has to be put on the doctors as well.

We need to educate doctors on how to more accurately assign genders so that children aren't subjected to the confusion in their early years.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Annee

Anne, there is no doubt that some people are born gay, or are born into the wrong bodies. That's not what this is about. If you really can't see how troubling this is, I'm not sure what else I can say to you..

Camp Aranu'tiq, a camp for transgender and gender-variant youth opened in 2009.

They continue to grow out of need for these kids.

I assure you - - I know what this is about.

www.camparanutiq.org...

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My premise isn't saying transgender isn't real, it's definitely real. What I am saying, is by forcing these issues to be taught in school, to friggen kindergarten kids, is ultimately confusing the # out of them. It's not necessary and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in the past five years, figures show.

Not surprising. Kids now have an idea of what may be going on inside them, and where they would have silently suffered in the past, they're now seeking advice.

You can paint this as something that should be kept from kids but gay is gay. Even growing up as a kid in a rural conservative area in the south like I did there were always the kids everyone knew were gay, and knowing they were gay didn't make anyone else gay.

Awareness isn't a bad thing. Especially if it can help kids cope with feelings they don't understand and get rid of some of the prejudice that's still out there.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think it could mean a couple of things:

1. While still very rare, Gender disphoria may be a little more common than we originally thought,

2. Just because someone is referred to a therapist who specializes in gender dysphoria, doesn't mean they are 100% going to move to the next phase. It may end with counseling.

But, No - Let's go with the sky is falling.
edit on 8-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Social engineering at its finest, it really is unbelievable that this is being encouraged.

"Chris McGovern, a former advisor to the Department for Education, said: “It has become an industry, people are making a career out of encouraging children to question gender at an age when they need to be left to be children. When teachers raise these issues children can become confused or unhappy and traumatised by it."

But yea lets go ahead and act like this is about the children, who have not even hit puberty yet, that are being brainwashed into the confusion that results in depression and suicide, but we are supposed to encourage this behavior.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmSaturday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So if gender dysphoria is more common than we initially thought, is this the right approach to take? Introducing this to kids that are incapable of understanding all the dynamics?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

There's a fine line between helping a child cope with gender identity issues and child exploitation because of parental issues/politics.

All children should be loved and cherished and supported regardless of the issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join