It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is - and will always be - the Greatest Nation on Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
No thanks to CNN, who had this atop their front page all July 4th. Sad.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yeah I'm pretty sure calling America "great" is hate speech.

Thanks 'left'

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Arizonaguy

We also have google that allows us to correct idiotic patriotic US drivel

Go Australia! Go Universal Health Care

wiki

Constitutional law protection. The Australian Constitution does not explicitly protect freedom of expression. However, the High Court has held that an implied freedom of political communication exists as an indispensible part of the system of representative and responsible government created by the Constitution.

well , you seem to have yourself convinced Australia is the very bestest place to live. There may be 3-4 more that feel the same.
But dont try and convince the rest of the world . We know better.
And to coin a phrase from another member

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A country that can't look after it's weak and sick but will spend obscene amounts on defence is far from 'Great'

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Seems like nowadays it may be easier to identify things that make America GRATE, rather than things that make America GREAT.
Regardless, , here's to your national day.
edit on C2017vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 05 Jul 2017 03:02:57 -050031AM3America/Chicago7 by CovertAgenda because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

A resting place for the Common Man.
A job for the Common Man
A prayer for the Common Man.
Goodwill for the Common Man.
A Protector for the Common Man.

And this is why They hate us, from the ruling elites around the globe to the religious radicals.
The common people from under their own control would jump at the chance to escape their grips to come to the US and live in freedom.
Those among us wishing to be "more like Europe" try to spread their progressive poison to ruin the best fruit the earth has had to offer from within. Their's is a failed effort, like a blight or infestation that proves to be insignificant because of the overwhelming bounty of the harvest.

Another sheep conditioned from birth. Whatever you can do in your country I can do in mine. My country, and many other countries from around the world are just as free.

In the past, most people i have spoken with eith the delusional view have never left america.

Have you?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Heck. The sad thing is that these nincompoops that criticize about lack of universal health care can't see the forest for the trees. Germany, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc all have universal health care, yet you can be jailed for speaking your mind. What good is healthcare without freedom? So you can extend your miserable pathetic lives?

What? What a load of rubbish lol

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: audubon

Really? Don't let this be a defining moment if myself, but deny the holocaust in the UK and you face serious issues. Yes...I believe that it happened, but not everyone does. Shutting down speech is NEVER the answer, and the ruling elite fear the US mainly because of this. We can say what we want to

No, that is a load of rubbish! You cannot go to prison for having a different view from someone else!

This is what annoys me about conditioned patriots!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Comical.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nobody else has put a man on the moon.

Lets bring you back down to " Earth ".

Without the help of many other nations, America alone couldn't have put a man on the moon.

The contribution of Britain was a major factor.

Like most Americans, you don't look into the real " facts "

Yet what is overlooked is that while the great bulk of those involved were indeed American citizens, there was also a significant foreign contribution, in particular from Britain. One engineer was so important thatPresident Nixon would later admit that without his work, the Moon landing of July 21, 1969 would have been impossible.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 5-7-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

Here is a thread from 2009 which unsurprisingly had no replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-7-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yup America is the greatest... unless you are talking about...

Basic Human Needs
Education
Living Standards
Murder rates
Race motivated violence
Life expectancy
Press freedom
...and just well Freedom in general.

If you exclude those then yeah... maybe.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Ah yes, they all hate you, but only half as much as you hate yourselves / each other.

Well, you must if you need to carry guns, and therefore threaten to take each other's lives, just to feel safe.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
To be honest, this should not turn into a thread about bashing America, or any other country for that matter. This is what patriotism for your country does . Causes a lot of hate, violence and pointless wars.

But if you can push through the conditioning and BS. If you can see that all this patriotism for your country has been implanted into your brain from a young age, so that sociopathic governments can do what they do. If you can just see the bigger picture here, then you will be glad you did.

Even this one small thread has turned into a country bashing thread. But at the end of the day, we are all human. We are all living on this unimportant planet, in a universe that is vast. Yet, you look at your country as if it is the most important thing ever! It is not!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

tPresident Nixon would later admit that without his work, the Moon landing of July 21, 1969 would have been impossible.

Mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the lunar module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:18 UTC

It's always been the 20th for landing.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Shouldn't this thread be in DREAMS & Predictions forum?

I was thinking either the LOL forum or the Hoax Bin

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nobody else has put a man on the moon.

Lets bring you back down to " Earth ".

Without the help of many other nations, America alone couldn't have put a man on the moon.

The contribution of Britain was a major factor.

Like most Americans, you don't look into the real " facts "

Yet what is overlooked is that while the great bulk of those involved were indeed American citizens, there was also a significant foreign contribution, in particular from Britain. One engineer was so important thatPresident Nixon would later admit that without his work, the Moon landing of July 21, 1969 would have been impossible.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here is a thread from 2009 which unsurprisingly had no replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to mention that it was done using German Technology.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Yup America is the greatest... unless you are talking about...

Basic Human Needs
Education
Living Standards
Murder rates
Race motivated violence
Life expectancy
Press freedom
...and just well Freedom in general.

If you exclude those then yeah... maybe.

Don't forget to add sports to that list. Sports in the US are akin to watching paint dry anywhere else in the world!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious. Tens of thousands attempt to come here legally and illegally every year for a reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's pretty obvious. Tens of thousands attempt to come here legally and illegally every year for a reason.

Sigh!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
OK, a day late and a dollar (Cdn) short but they say every party has a pooper, and it's evident on this thread. Here's my take...

My fondest memories of America are the small towns all dressed up in red, white and blue bunting to celebrate July 4th. I like the people I meet there...I find them open and friendly. I have never seen a gun there, outside of a range or on a cop. I like Hostess Real Fruit Fruit Pies. I like buying beer in a gas station. I've dined upon Dungeness crab in Seattle, steamed a bucket of clams in Maine, and visited Cafe du Monde for beignets (don't wear black!). I always enjoy a visit to The States, and I've probably seen more of it than most Americans. This is your day.
Happy Birthday America!

edit on 5-7-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: style!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join