It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is - and will always be - the Greatest Nation on Earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Nice fairy tale, but completely bogus.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Surely you jest. And let us pray that America is not the greatest nation that will ever exist on Earth. We are not great now although we have gotten close. There is much room for improvement, but we will not see it in our lifetimes; if anyone will.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: SudoNim
Yup America is the greatest... unless you are talking about...

Basic Human Needs
Education
Living Standards
Murder rates
Race motivated violence
Life expectancy
Press freedom
...and just well Freedom in general.

If you exclude those then yeah... maybe.

Don't forget to add sports to that list. Sports in the US are akin to watching paint dry anywhere else in the world!

Haha oh yes. I do love their "World Series" which they play amongst themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Basic Human Needs
Education
Living Standards
Murder rates
Race motivated violence
Life expectancy
Press freedom

Don't forget to add sports to that list. Sports in the US are akin to watching paint dry anywhere else in the world!

Well... we let the Canadians play too. :-)

'Merica... f*ck yeah!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's pretty obvious. Tens of thousands attempt to come here legally and illegally every year for a reason.

You may have missed it, but hundreds of thousandsare attempting to get into Europe both legally and illegally every year.

Therefore what point are you trying to make ?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Basic Human Needs
Education
Living Standards
Murder rates
Race motivated violence
Life expectancy
Press freedom

Well... we let the Canadians play too. :-)

'Merica... f*ck yeah!

Yeah...sometimes you even let us win!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: THirdKinds

any nation that forces indentured servitude through a universal healthcare doesn't deserve freedom. Universal healthcare is a #ing joke. I don't see people running to countries with universal healthcare to get treated, yet, people from all around the world run to the US to get treated... HMMM... I wonder why that is?

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: THirdKinds

any nation that forces indentured servitude through a universal healthcare doesn't deserve freedom. Universal healthcare is a #ing joke. I don't see people running to countries with universal healthcare to get treated, yet, people from all around the world run to the US to get treated... HMMM... I wonder why that is?

Jaden

You, and others talk as if you know who is going into every country, and their country preference. Can you back that up?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I don't see people running to countries with universal healthcare to get treated

It costs the UK quite a lot each year...

The government aims to recover £500 million a year by 2017/18 from all patients not eligible for free treatment on the NHS. In 2015/16 it charged £289 million, although we don’t know how much of this it received.
It has also predicted that it won’t meet the 2017/18 aim and will charge £346 million that year.

Key word there is charge, once they leave the UK it's nigh on impossible to get it back.
This is interesting as well...

The government estimates that normal use of the NHS, by people who aren’t “ordinarily resident”, but who don’t come to the UK specifically to use the NHS, is around £1.8 billion a year.
This can include holiday makers who injure themselves while in the UK or someone who gets sick while in the UK for work temporarily.

I am assuming you are from the US, so I'll just add that if you ever find yourself injured or sick in the UK with no travel insurance, you will be treated as any UK citizen, long term issues will incur a charge, but you will continue to receive it while you need it.
All accident and emergency dept treatment is free with no charge, including paramedics.

I am pleased my country offers that to you if you ever visit, and that taxpayers including myself help fund it.

Sorry forgot the link...
fullfact.org...
edit on 5-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: add link

This is also a tragic story, she won't ever pay that back but I don't care, she was a human in desperate need...
www.bbc.co.uk...

She was taken ill on her flight home to Nigeria and ended up in St Mary's A&E, which covers Heathrow after her flight stopped over at the airport. Priscilla was three months away from her due date. She gave birth to one baby who died and she and her three children were all placed in intensive care.

Another of her children died on Saturday and her two surviving children remain in intensive care which costs £20,000 a week per child. Priscilla was released from hospital after six weeks and is being supported by a charity as she has no family in the UK and admits she has no ability to pay the bill.
£330,000 bill that is. I choose compassion over ability to pay, whoever you are from wherever you are in the world, and finding youself in health need here.
edit on 5-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

lol. we do look after our weak and sick and many of the rest of the world's weak and sick. We just prefer to do it from our own hearts and not at the point of a gun.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Sure, just look at the baby who the UK won't even let the parents BRING to the US. That right there should tell you all you need to know about socialized medicine and socialized society. We don't want it. Don't fug up my country when there are plenty of countries like that. If you want to live in that society, go to one of those countries. Don't ignore my constitution or pervert it to equalize the world's misery.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
lol

America land of the free - has highest prison rate per capita in world.

Where a handful a people have nearly all the money,

You can get shot for looking the wrong way at a policeman,

Your pets can be shot by the police for being outside in your garden/yard if they want to come in,

You can be fined/jailed for growing vegetable in your front garden/yard (there was a thread here about it a few years back)

In some states you cannot even collect the rain that falls (or have they all retracted now?)

That's off the top of my head but there are plenty other great reasons

P.S. I like americans and thoroughly enjoyed my short travels there a few years back so don't give me the I'm anti american crap

P.P.S. Yes here in the UK we have other issues but i'm not claiming the UK is the best

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

You are just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you!

No, I don't pat myself on the back. Just try to be human and see reality as it is and speak the truth.

Trying to be human isnt bashing or degrading others who are enjoying themselves on a holiday. If you care so much fly your happy ass around the world and feed those who are starving, start a food drive. But dont think the world cant enjoy itself because other parts of the world arent, its sad but the whole world cant be happy at the same time. And if your in America, shaming people enjoying themselves on Americas birthday then get out or shut up!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
But dont think the world cant enjoy itself because other parts of the world arent, its sad but the whole world cant be happy at the same time. And if your in America, shaming people enjoying themselves on Americas birthday then get out or shut up!

Agreed. I'm British and think the 4th is a day for all decent hardworking Americans to celebrate their collective society, regardless of government. Celebrate the people now, and the people in the past who carved out a nation free of the British.

I won't piss on that parade, celebrating community, society, collective group history for a day is no bad thing.
Good excuse to get drunk together I'd say

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Star Plus Flag.

Agreed.

Titled, enough said.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How this thread sounds in my head....

edit on 5-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

WELL...

We DID go to the freakin MOON!

Can I get a high five?!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

WELL...

We DID go to the freakin MOON!

Can I get a high five?!

pft that was fake!

It was a fake I tell you!!!!!

*That is sarcasm for my American friends who have yet evolved to comprehend British humour*

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One trend that I can live with but don't like is the increase in the number of roundabouts in the U.S. I would prefer controlled intersections in the U.S. Stoplights, and stop/yield signs. Keep the roundabouts in Europe. That is more of a European thing anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

Sure, just look at the baby who the UK won't even let the parents BRING to the US. That right there should tell you all you need to know about socialized medicine and socialized society. We don't want it. Don't fug up my country when there are plenty of countries like that. If you want to live in that society, go to one of those countries. Don't ignore my constitution or pervert it to equalize the world's misery.

Jaden

What the he'll are you talking about! That baby had a very rare condition, and this "treatment" was not going to make life any easier for the child, if the child survived the journey. Seriously so many people talking on here who are completely clueless.

People have died because they cannot afford medical supplies or bills. We do not have that problem here. Go to hospital or doctors, it is free. Have operation, it's free.

Yrs, the N H S is failing, but that is a lot to do with money being wasted over the years. But if i had a choice to have the n h s or or paying everyone need something medical, n h s wins every time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join