It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is - and will always be - the Greatest Nation on Earth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's pretty obvious. Tens of thousands attempt to come here legally and illegally every year for a reason.

And they try the same in the UK, Sweden, Germany ect and they try to reach Australia too.
USA is hardly the only suffering illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: biggilo

lol. we do look after our weak and sick and many of the rest of the world's weak and sick. We just prefer to do it from our own hearts and not at the point of a gun.

Jaden

Yeah, our governments sure looked after Iraq and Libya! Wonderful places to live now!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Belated happy birthday to us all!!!

That being said, I love this country as it has offered me every opportunity I could imagine save for being a millionaire. Kidding aside, proclaiming Murica as the greatest country is a very very bold statement that you will have a hard time defending.

For one, what is your definition of greatness?

I could think of other countries/civilizations that surpass us in many ways.

SINGAPORE - very low crime rate
CANADA - racial tolerance
QATAR - richest per capita
ICELAND - job security
NEW ZEALAND - lowest air pollution
NORWAY - happiest

Ancient Greece, Egypt, Rome, China, India, Persia, Babylonia, Mayan, Israel, Mesopotamia, Sumeria...among others. These great ancient civilizations would dwarf any achievement done by any modern country today including the United States. The one Trump card you could possibly throw at ancient peoples is the exploration of space. But even that is highly debatable because were it not for the mathematics and sciences of the previous civilizations, none of it would have been possible. In a sense we only benefited from their greatness.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
what I'm talking about are you fools espousing a type of government that has to give you permission to get health care for your child. You and others want to bring that # to my shores...uh uh. we don't want it..

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

government that has to give you permission to get health care for your child.

What utter nonsense you speak.

The decision if the baby should be treated is made by Clinical Professionals on the Hospital Medical Staff.

The Government has and would not have any input on this matter whatsoever.

They say the U.S. Education system is failing. Your comment is a prime example.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

what I'm talking about are you fools espousing a type of government that has to give you permission to get health care for your child.

Now you have an insurance companies approving treatments unless your very wealthy with deep pockets.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Masterjaden

what I'm talking about are you fools espousing a type of government that has to give you permission to get health care for your child. You and others want to bring that # to my shores...uh uh. we don't want it.. Jaden

Uneducated? You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The post above proved that

edit on 5-7-2017 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I love America so much.

There is nothing more beautiful than the reasons she was created. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Keep fighting for her folks! I wake up everyday and pray that she hangs in there.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

I love America so much.

There is nothing more beautiful than the reasons she was created. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Keep fighting for her folks! I wake up everyday and pray that she hangs in there.

Wish people would think the same about the planet rather that their country, but that's conditioning for you

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Heck. The sad thing is that these nincompoops that criticize about lack of universal health care can't see the forest for the trees. Germany, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc all have universal health care, yet you can be jailed for speaking your mind. What good is healthcare without freedom? So you can extend your miserable pathetic lives?

UK here. Your comment is literally fake news.

And the NHS means that people less financially better off can still get full treatment when their child gets cancer. I wouldn't want to live in a society which says "why the hell should I pay for other people's healthcare" while people suffer and die around me just because they can't afford treatment.

All for the sake of a tiny amount of additional tax. The problem with a lot of you people on here is that you seem to think poor people are poor because they're lazy and choose to live on benefits. Never mind people working multiple jobs for long hours to feed their kids. Never mind people made redundant through no fault of their own. Never mind a guy who has to quit work to be a full time carer for his severely disabled daughter. They must all be scroungers.

I wonder how many of the people with this perspective change their minds once cancer hits? Or their kids needs life saving treatment? "Git urself a job u gosh dern liberals!!!11" etc.

Utterly disgusting viewpoint. Shame on you.
edit on 6-7-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Apparently paying that tiny amount of extra tax so your neighbour's kid gets cancer treatment is un-American...glad I'm not American.
My American friends who pay thousands in deductables on their insurance each year would all prefer our NHS system, I imagine it doesn't fit with the Murica narrative though.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The greatest country... your leaders doing a good job keeping you nice and happy, lol...

Watch "Where to Invade Next" by Michael Moore

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: THirdKinds
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You fail at history...

From the 16th to the early 18th century "Canada" referred to the part of New France that lay along the Saint Lawrence River.

yup and I live it ! day by day ,

1 hour 1/2 from Montreal Quebec

10 min from Cornwall Ontario

although im on the America Side

The cost of Living is Insane in Canada
and Heal care is crazier !

and The French Canadian have been trying to have their own Independence
in the Quebec Province for decades Now .

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Invading small countries to maintain their hegemony….Craving power and glory, like ancient Rome or Nazi Germany.

Ahh Like?

Allways Had been.. USA is a Part of The Roman Club
Our Government is Run On Roman Standards & Policies

In the End The World Is a Business
and America ( USA ) is a Part of that Business

George Orwell's aka Eric Arthur Blair
Vision is getting Close to Reality ..

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I just like that a US citizen will get treated the same as a UK citizen if they are injured or sick in the UK regardless of insurance cover they may have.
That is the sign of a decent society in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Heck. The sad thing is that these nincompoops that criticize about lack of universal health care can't see the forest for the trees. Germany, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc all have universal health care, yet you can be jailed for speaking your mind. What good is healthcare without freedom? So you can extend your miserable pathetic lives?

UK here. Your comment is literally fake news.

And the NHS means that people less financially better off can still get full treatment when their child gets cancer. I wouldn't want to live in a society which says "why the hell should I pay for other people's healthcare" while people suffer and die around me just because they can't afford treatment.

All for the sake of a tiny amount of additional tax. The problem with a lot of you people on here is that you seem to think poor people are poor because they're lazy and choose to live on benefits. Never mind people working multiple jobs for long hours to feed their kids. Never mind people made redundant through no fault of their own. Never mind a guy who has to quit work to be a full time carer for his severely disabled daughter. They must all be scroungers.

I wonder how many of the people with this perspective change their minds once cancer hits? Or their kids needs life saving treatment? "Git urself a job u gosh dern liberals!!!11" etc.

Utterly disgusting viewpoint. Shame on you.

I wish I could give this more stars.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Are you delusional?

Do you look at life through rose tinted spectacles?

I like the American people but your government is run by the most evil people on earth....makes the Nazis look like a bunch of kindergarteners

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

USA is an empire

Like many others

So ? What where you saying

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: ArizonaguyGermany, Canada, the UK, Australia, etc all have universal health care, yet you can be jailed for speaking your mind. What good is healthcare without freedom? So you can extend your miserable pathetic lives?

What use is freedom, if you don't have the health to make use of it and enjoy it?

Anyway, this is silly. I can't speak for anywhere else, but I can tell you that the UK doesn't throw people in prison for speaking their minds. That's such a bizarre idea that I'm not sure where you could have got it.

Well, this is the problem. People who have never left their country, thinking they know how other countries are run.

Where the hell did he get that in the UK, you can go prison for speaking you're mind! What a load of rubbish! Just goes to show that people are blinded by there patriotism

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Like i said before, i think no country is free, and most people are conditioned. But, please tell me, how is the USA more free than the UK? I hear American people say this, but give reasons why this is the case, as i would love to hear them.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join