It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

hypocrite
[hip-uh-krit]

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Admittedly I’ve been one of the wild men on occasion, while usually, battling what I opine heartless conservatism. I admittedly have sought retribution in the mud pit, something I originally like many, forbade myself.

Unfortunately on occasion, being an old intellectual gunslinger form the old days of the Wild Wild Web, where there were no moderators. And you were on your emotional own in the wilderness of psychological madness run amuck!

I was one of the wildest intellectual gunslingers on the web. I'd harangue a guy into the mud!!!! I'd intellectually crush a guy, gal too once in a while. Often challenged to intellectual jousts by some of the best, usually sent reeling by me to a corner to suck their thumbs…dry! Many came from afar just to challenged me, and they all went down---HARD

It’s a male thing…you understand.

Yours truly was the one of the wild men who literally took down the Club of Rome web forum, under the fitting handle--- Cub of Rome…
Along with an even wilder person, or being( don’t ask me hu the hell this was) named Suzie Djinn!
And I thought I was a wild man. That lady, or whatever, taught me a thing or two, or three, or maybe even in all 4 Quadrants of Hell

Anyway...

...After seeing so many broken intellectual bodies strewn about---some begging for mercy...I had had enough. My heart got pierced with a little empathy that grew into a little compassion over time. So I swore off this activity but often feel like Tony Montana “ They keep drawing me back in!”

Words from good people like the nerd Goddess here make me feel so bad that I may have soured this great forum for her and others, so to you nerd Goddess I apologize and hope to do better…I hope to hope to do better...hope

And to anyone I’ve offended---so what!

just joking

peace

of my mind

cant we all just get along?

time

willtell

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Admittedly I’ve been one of the wild men on occasion, while usually, battling what I opine heartless conservatism. I admittedly have sought retribution in the mud pit, something I originally like many, forbade myself.

Unfortunately on occasion, being an old intellectual gunslinger form the old days of the Wild Wild Web, where there were no moderators. And you were on your emotional own in the wilderness of psychological madness run amuck!

I was one of the wildest intellectual gunslingers on the web. I'd harangue a guy into the mud!!!! I'd intellectually crush a guy, gal too once in a while. Often challenged to intellectual jousts by some of the best, usually sent reeling by me to a corner to suck their thumbs…dry! Many came from afar just to challenged me, and they all went down---HARD

Yours truly was the one of the wild men who literally took down the Club of Rome web forum, under the fitting handle--- Cub of Rome…
Along with an even wilder person, or being( don’t ask me hu the hell this was) named Suzie Djinn!
And I thought I was a wild man. That lady, or whatever, taught me a thing or two, or three, or maybe even in all 4 Quadrants of Hell

My God is it really you!

Stories of your intellectual superiority and ferocious battles have been whispered in dark corners on ATS for years!

Please, do not scatter me or any other heartless conservatives to the wastelands of the edges of the wild west of the internet!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

My God is it really you!

Stories of your intellectual superiority and ferocious battles have been whispered in dark corners on ATS for years!

Please, do not scatter me or any other heartless conservatives to the wastelands of the edges of the wild west of the internet!

Very good. But the problem is that back in the day it wasn't always pedestrian left/right politics. Back them bro or sis things went a little deeper. I mean real deeper!

So no it wasn't all about such politics, so um not your guy...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Just don't participate in threads you don't like, start your own threads, and calm your mooses.

You can't even do that without being attacked.

I lurked on ATS for a very, very long time before I signed up, so I had a really good idea of the sorts of personalities of the more prolific posters before I did make an account. No matter the subject, no matter the forum, you can count on certain members to appear in the threads and rip the OP apart ruthlessly. There's no discussion. There's no discourse. There's no letting the OP explain themselves, no letting them ask questions, no letting them learn.

People getting called shills, morons, idiots, hoaxers. What kind of message are you sending out to new members when a site that urges people to Deny Ignorance treats them like they're stupid for asking questions? People have to start somewhere. Telling them to not be a moron and do your own research is, to put it mildly, a jerk move. Where does one start exactly, when you don't even know what to look for and the very people you ask for assistance treat you like you're scum of the earth for asking?

I don't want to delve too deeply into the political divide, but it has also sharply stopped me from starting my own threads. Even the most benign of threads goes only a few posts before someone drags it into political territory and then it's over. Once again, you can almost count on the same few members doing it with clockwork like regularity. Passive aggressive comments about insane leftists, snarky callouts of Trump cultists. Sorry, but not every thread requires a dig at the right/left when it has nothing to do with the topic.

I wish I could point out that it's new members trolling that are the issue, but often it's the long, long time members who seem to be leading the charge. Shouldn't be this way, ever. Disagree. Argue. Debate. All of that is wonderful and good. I love seeing different perspectives because it often helps me realize a new way of thinking. But the name-calling, harassment, nastiness, and attempts to shut down conversation point-blank need to go.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
JohnnyC,
I too have been a member for more than a decade and have seen a dramatic change in the site over the years.
But I learned at the very start this place is a LOONY BIN, so I try limit my interaction to areas of specific interest, that have tended to be apolitical,that has been a fruitful endevour for the most part.
I have had great discussions with a number of members, and you are at the top of the list my friend.
As I said earlier, I have noticed a distinct change in the overall tone of the site, even in the typically non political forums I tend to frequent.
Just because I don't generally participate in the insanity, doesnt mean I dont lurk in those dark areas.
And as I said there has been a change in overall tone, that has accelerated in the last couple of years.
And for all those members that continually crow about grand global conspiracies, you are right there are vast worldwide conspiracies in play, but for the most part you all have been played right in to their hands.

Cue the basic primate behaviour

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I was one of the wildest intellectual gunslingers on the web. I'd harangue a guy into the mud!!!! I'd intellectually crush a guy, gal too once in a while.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Wish you were around to see the way John Lear was treated before ATS banned him. No respect for industry insiders like John Lear means open season!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Here's your hint, don't eat the worm in the bottom of the bottle.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I am a self-styled right winger and I totally agree with you. Might as well rename the place "Breitbart Dueax."

I was waiting for a post like yours. Trolls on both sides have devolved ATS into a Hegelian dialectic death spiral. The left is equally guilty here. Same thing devolved our civic institutions. Checks and balances are now considered to fall on some side of the political spectrum.

Thanks for the independent perspective. In all fairness, I think we have more civil rights here, but this "red vs blue is everything" trend has bothered me too.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

And for all those members that continually crow about grand global conspiracies, you are right there are vast worldwide conspiracies in play, but for the most part you all have been played right in to their hands.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

What a crock of crap. I was reading this site back in the days leading up to the election of Obama. Some of you couldn't kiss his a$$ enough. He was the second coming of Jesus himself. I even remember you because half of what YOU (Johnny Canuck) posted would make my blood boil. There were even mods back then that loved Obama and couldn't spread the worship of their messiah enough. This site is basically a site about people sharing their view points. Some of us view things differently than others on the site. Now the tide has turned and Trump has a big following and beat Hillary and you can't take a different viewpoint so you are on here whining like a typical Liberal because you lost. Those of us on the right sucked it up for eight years while Obama went around on a world tour of bowing and apologizing to every country on the face of the earth for the acts of the evil white colonialist devils that ran his country for the last 200+ years and couldn't kiss enough muslim butt or give enough money or sweet deals to Iran in their pursuit of nuclear weapons.

So suck it up until the next election and maybe you will get 4-8 years of Hillary and her glorious and wise vagina running the country.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When I first joined ATS the front page of ATS always had conspiracy theory stuff on the front page, 9/11 threads were always up there, when is the last time one made it to the front page, now it's all politics or related to politics, most Hillary supporters have fled, because they have discovered what an exercise in utter futility it is to keep on keeping with that stuff.

I was here when Bush (W) was being ragged on by almost everybody, Obama didn't get it as bad but he got attacked pretty good too, then there was the Ron Paul era as well, Trump galvanized the political spectrum's like never before.

In the last thread like this one of the owners came and said they don't control what gets flagged to the front page the members do, so you may feel ATS has gone down hill but it's current posting membership is up-voting via flags what they want to discuss or they feel is important, right now American politics is more important than almost any other conspiracy type topic. That being said there is conspiracies being woven into politics as well that ATS can spend time on like Seth Rich's murder.

Just be glad it's not rigged like Reddit rigged there site to appease the left.

ATS is still the best for me, the MODS are way better than many other sites, this last election saw me get banned from a forum I had been on for 15 years, but the Mods went absolutely insane this election round, now it's a left echo chamber when before it was about 50/50, they purged it this round.
ATS is self purging type site, people who no longer enjoy the content might find other forums.
I will say this sometimes it's interesting to look into the old BTS type forums to see less popular threads that don't get the flags that are very interesting.
The front page of ATS isn't the end all be all of what makes ATS so great go exploring within the topics that interest you and flag them.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Reference the post following this quoted post

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
We reached critical morass when we started gangstalking women children and the disabled, a topic certain shills here deny but I know it happens Im just passing time till our civilisation burns down,which it will- but thats not a bad thing considering where we are headed.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow. This .... this is a dumpster fire of a thread.

I'm actually mildly surprised it's been allowed to get to 20 pages. Generally from what I've seen, these types of site criticism threads die out quickly and get addressed by an "admin" or site owner. The "pendulum swings back and forth" story is told, a few older, similar threads are dragged out as "proof" and the entire thing is closed down.

My conspiracy spidey-senses make me wonder if there's a social experiment being run, to see where members stand on this issue...?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The problem is that the lefts wants ATS to become a Eco Chamber and the right want it a eco chamber.

You cant critize anything without being labled a libitard or a trump cultist..

Everything has to be one extreme or the other.
And as for going to other sites?

This problem has infected every site Americans are on.....

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Actually i tell you what pisses me off!

The binary brained mentality of Americans.

I am I guess in the center. I have some left views and some very far righf views too.

So what pisses me off is the fact I have to be pigeon holed.

Or the fact if I am not 100% loyal to one candidate I MUST be 100% loyal to the other......

If i critize Trump I must be a libitard Hillary supporter!

If i critize Hillary I must be a cultists Trump supporter!

FOR # SAKE I AM NEITHER!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
All I know is I've been lurking more ever since the political mudslinging reached an all time high. I mean c'mon...almost 70% of the landing page topics are politics. It's like ATS has become a news site. Even CNN has an entertainment and sports headline on their page. At least there's room for Justin Bieber or Real Madrid in there unlike here where I could only see Trump, Obama and Hillary...dems, reps and what have you.

You get the point.

ATS is not a conspiracy site anymore. It's become a political townhall. Sadly, I know there are many in here who are not American and can't fully invest themselves on topics regarding U.S. politics.

I think that's where I see a "decline" in here. Other foreign members feeling alienated. Maybe mods could look into this?

Just my opinion. I voted for Trump by the way...if it helps 😀

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What bleeds without, bleeds within ATS. In this regard it is a bell-whether of our times.
So above, so below, whatever you want to call it... ATS is a cross section of humanity, and humanity is a bit ill at the moment.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join