It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Knowing your place on ATS is important.

I spill over everywhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But you shouldn't trust Masons either.

About Freemasonry, no.

You should be made aware of the types of masons there are. Two types. You have those who were properly raised. and those who are clandestine. You'll find a vast majority of eMasons are the latter. They are very accommodative online to those who want answers to questions about the order, but they have no legal home. True masons can indeed be trusted. There are no secrets in our order that cannot be found in scripture. Any mason that tells you otherwise is a fraud.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I don't want this to sound insulting but are you an older guy who doesn't surf the web much? What you are expressing a disappointment in is pretty much widespread across every forum there is. Not all...but most. It started when people realized they could leave their manners and politeness at the door because they have some level of anonymity.

I remember multiple forums I have belonged to over the years where they have degraded to such a level I no longer frequent them. And at the risk of starting an unnecessary argument it always stemmed from leftist minded individuals who would come into forums seeking to incite and troll.

Much like the MSM is controlled and almost entirely owned by the leftist minds so are many of the public forums well known on the web. I'm not a rightie but I lean a little more right of center most of the times. Personally, I want all lefties to be expelled from my big beautiful country. I'm sick of the left. The extremist left. Not the sensible moderate liberals. They are at least reasonable. The web is overrun with leftist, whiny little cry babies who always want to go tell on someone instead of standing on their own two feet.

Seriously...anyone who actually complains and reports a poster on an anon forum is a whiny little child. So take my comments for what they are worth. If you don't like it you are free to leave at anytime. Or you are also free to rebut my comments as well. Ya see...you are FREE...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

OP made his post very clear as to his discontent with ATS regarding political discussions degrading ATS's core content. Bird part arguments have ruined ATS to the point of no return. Plus given today's PC society one can only wonder what other negative changes await this once great alternative news site. It has been 13 years since I was a member here. Seen a lot of abuse of power by mods in my time as a member. People getting banned for nothing more than civilly voicing their opinions. A lot of good credible sources being mocked and cyberstalked for posting factual information. Damn shame really.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've seen threats lately, albeit may be some trolling. However, to treat members like that because of differing opinions is appalling, never seen the site this bad. Could be just one or a few continually returning types that push the same rhetoric and hate, so much now people are being threatened?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Knowing your place on ATS is important.

I spill over everywhere.

Yeah ... geeze ... you do. Throw me that bar towel and pour me another shot of Tequila, wouldja?

Tonight's brand is Hornitos and the label is Black. The liquor store had it on sale for $21 and I couldn't pass it up.

I think I'll keep sipping as this thread moves farther up the front page advertising ... I dunno ... embarrassment?

edit on 2662017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You got it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

I don't want this to sound insulting but are you an older guy who doesn't surf the web much?

I started out when we were posting on AlterNet using FTP, but thanks for asking.
I don't need to rebut your comments as there would appear to be plenty of members here who are in agreement. As to inviting me to leave? I have a certain amount of sweat equity invested in this site. It's worth my while to tell the higher-ups that there's a problem, and maybe open a conversation so that others may comment. It appears I've done that.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It isn't just ATS. There is a gloominess nationally. I'm 67 and have never seen such gloominess. For the first time in our history, the fight has gone out of us. We are ruled by a minority.

Yes.

Two things.... what attracted me here was the non-mainstream really well thought out strings n posts. Always enjoyed, out of the box thinking. What turned me off is it turned into a political forum. For sure, the US is not necessarily in a decline. The whole world has gotten better.

Denny

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's worth my while to tell the higher-ups that there's a problem, and maybe open a conversation so that others may comment. It appears I've done that.

The response seems to be "working as intended."

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's worth my while to tell the higher-ups that there's a problem, and maybe open a conversation so that others may comment. It appears I've done that.

The response seems to be "working as intended."
Have you flagged the thread?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Sweat equity? Give me a break mate. ATS doesn't owe you anything. You really are liberal.

Just don't go to the forums where you know you will get frustrated with the rhetoric. Better yet...realize none of it matters.

edit on 26-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Nope.

Not a fan of hypocritical causes. Your thread history doesn't jive well with this thread. Not to say I haven't starred some of your posts in the past.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

There's just an awful lot of reacting and not a lot of thinking here. This seems to be a general trend in society nowadays, wondering how much social media has contributed to this way of behaving?

Less accountability if you can talk trash anonymously.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Threats being tolerated on ATS? Say it ain't so? This is a direct result of commercialization. Money trumps proper modding. As long as pockets stay lined whatever can fly. Everything is for sale.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Sweat equity? Give me a break mate. ATS doesn't owe you anything. You really are liberal.

Merely saying that I have contributed enough that I don't care to walk away without first trying to deal with the problem at hand.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You haven't flagged the thread. At this point 68 people have, so I might infer that they did so because they agree with my premise. That would seem to be contradict your statement "The response seems to be "working as intended." Just sayin, eh?

edit on 26-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yes

link   

It is interesting watching from the sidelines as the righteous indignation and score keeping immediately made its way to your thread. Predictable, too.

Know why? Because even though you're not American, you pointed out one specific political party out of the two who seem to believe that they represent everyone in this country, and attempt to speak for us. You might as well paint a target on your forehead...neither "side" can stand honest criticism.

If you'd have chosen the other party, they'd be bitching and whining and crying "I know you are but what am I" and "nanny nanny boo bio", and all these charming folks scorning you for exerting your free will and having an opinion would be your very best buddies right now instead. The truth is, both "sides" behave equally horribly. Like spoiled, unsupervised children badly in need of a time out...and a lesson in simple human decency.

America is going down the toilet because most of our otherwise intelligent, reasoning adults are behaving as if they've been replaced with a bunch of kindergarten rejects. Everyone is running their mouths, and none are willing to listen.

Those of us who still consider ourselves to be American first and foremost are just as appalled as you are, trust me. But don't put all your judgement in one political basket...they're all acting like degenerates. If you don't believe me, make a similar thread and switch the party mentioned. It would almost be funny if it weren't so utterly sickening.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler
What they could do is have different forums, and then you can chose to click on what forum you like!

Like with my mouse? Like I have to, you know, actually click on the thread/forum to get pissed off over it? That would be better than the microwave transmission that's currently just beamed into my coconut.

Yes it was a very nefaarious plot by Springer and the other owners.

They set up a conspiracy site and let it run for years.

Then they suddenly shifted to their true intentions, being alt right trump supporting bigots.

See, the owners knew in the early 2000's that Trump would run and win. So they started developing software to ensure people had to see political posts about trump.

They knew that the beautiful icons that are on the politics and mud pit forums would be irresistible to people, and force them to click on them, and then read the thread.

Meanwhile, these people would be unable to then take their mouse and click on forums such as the UFO or other conspiracies.

Thus, the alt right bigotted echo chamber of ATS was born!

Curse these owners and MODS!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I for one thank you JohnnyCanuck for opening up this discussion again. Seems to me higher ups have blown off this issue as just another wayward fly to be removed from the ointment when in fact this is a very serious issue. I say nothing changes unless the members initiate it.

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join