It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. We have forgotten how to disagree without being disagreeable.

Debate the ideas, not the person. Realize that people might have an opinion that differs from your own. Accept it. Accepting it doesn't mean you agree with it, you are just acknowledging that there can be a difference of opinion.

If someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make them automatically "evil" or "stupid". It just means they see the issue from a different perspective.

If we demonize and dehumanize our opposition at every turn, we will never be able to compromise with one another to find a solution that can be acceptable to a majority of people.

I acknowledge that not everything can be compromised on, but not everything is absolute either. We have gone to far down the "my way or the highway" train of thought. It's time to take a step back and look for common ground instead of looking for a fight.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: Artemis12

Yes. ATS has been around since at least 2001 because I lurked here for several years before I ever became a member. And yes, it has changed tremendously, particularly over the last 4 or 5 years.

The archives only go back until 2002 that I can find anyways. Was it bbs in 1999? I don't remember.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been said already, but if you don't like political discussions stay out of the politics forums. There still plenty of other topics being discussed. I haven't been here for 2 days. Here's what I got when I logged in:

In all fairness, 3/4 of those 117 topics are probably politics. That still leaves about 30 threads started in the last 2 days on other topics, in addition to those currently ongoing. Stick with what you're interested in, or go somewhere else?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I agree with what you have said about ATS not being the same it once was but NOTHING on the internet is. Every site I use to frequent for discuss has turned into a troll board. I use to be on IMDB ALLLLL the time and now they took away the boards because of trolls! I hate it. I liked being able to discuss movies, tv shows and all of that on there but it got so bad they shut it down!

The internet is full of idiots and fear mongering not to mention massive trolls. I have had to find ways around it and ignore it even on here. I don't even entertain those posts or threads. Why? It just feeds them!

I still find great stuff on here, you just have to really look now. It's there!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

ATS has changed into, for the most part, a pro-Trump / Anti-everything that isn't Trump site full of very closed minded, brainwashed zealots who are willing to discount all in order to prop up their outrageously unprepared Clown-In-Chief. Only a few years ago you could find quite a variety of subjects to consider on ATS. Now, it's almost exclusively political post, bashing Hillary/Liberals/Main Stream media, etc,etc,etc... It's like the same 12 guys just keep posting the same stories/comments to make themselves feel good.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I must heartily concur. I have been lurking anonymously for about the same length of time due to the vicious hateful nature of the posters.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

It's really disingenuous to criticize something that has been shut down and can no longer be properly discussed, but when an ideology is taken to ridiculous extremes in order to expose it's essential flaws that is actually satire and parody, and the triggering that ensues the desired result.

Mischievous humour is also actually a way to defuse tense situations, it helps bring people together through enabling them to see the ridiculousness involved and the shortcomings of ideological dogma, nobody wants to drive anyone away quite the opposite, it's about liberation from conditioning.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: Painterz

You mean the satirical content straight out of 4chan/pol, it was supposed to be ironic and thought provoking which you'd maybe have eventually figured if you hadn't been screaming Shut it down! and going into virtue signalling meltdown.

You know once upon a time the Left had a reputation for being subversive and edgy, alright that's maybe going back some, but as i tried to point out they're now seen as anything but, only cool within that ever diminishing safe space.

You know ATS has taken a nose-dive when it's best contributor has been sucked into the charade of partisan politics. I get sucked into the ugly threads so I am not in the position to judge a fellow member.

I am here for UFOs, OOPARTS and the paranormal and stuff but constantly keep seeing idiocy being posted that I must address, I expect that from me, I expect better from you Kantzveldt.

You are one of the most intelligent people I've ever seen post on here and to see you get sucked into this partisan cess-pool is a real eye opener for me.

I am just a stranger on the net so my opinion probably means (poop) to you but it really sucked to see you get divided and conquered.

My posts may condescend at times, but I make sure to illustrate that I PLEDGE NO ALLEGIANCE to any POLITICAL AFFILIATION. Until everyone else pulls their heads out their azzes this site is going to continue being a red vs blue battle ring.

Sadly all this crap we discuss is good SEO so it brings site visitors and makes the site money so I don't see administration putting an end to it any time soon.

United we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Being that so many conspiracy theories helped lead to the rise of Trump & are also ingrained in governmnet, I believe ATS is the perfect place for today's political discussions. People need a place to find the truth for themselves & ATS is the perfect venue. If I were just to post on right wing forums, I'd be sharing my ideas with like minded people who already share the same beliefs. On ATS I can share my ideas with other people who don't share my beliefs & also learn about other's beliefs.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Simply stated, there is far too much trolling and hate-mongering going on, especially from

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Sorry, just went through your posting history.

You're a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To be honest. Some of the Right winged people are amongst the worst kind of types you can encounter on the internet!

I don't even have a problem with anyone being on the right side as long they are not complete racists but they are by far the loudest in comment sections, conypiracy Forums and forums in general. They think just because some people question their views they are allowed to make jokes about any human being that has a different skin tone or face than themselves and then they are surprised that there is a resistance to that...

You learn to ignore stuff in life if you actively do it when you need to. For me these people are pretty much the equivalent of a ghost, not within my dimension no matter how loud they attack and shout.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
left, right, blue, red, catholic, jew, rangers, celtic, my next door neighbours a baw bag and im a zombie, welcome to earth.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Yes i really don't like partisan politics, i've only ever advocated Direct Democracy and am against empowering any individual to represent one's self and don't recognize their authority to do so, the entire system is corrupt and only self serving, my only interest is ending it and i assure you that was my intent there.

The whole Trump thing is about throwing a spanner in the works, in fact a whole tool-box of them, and observing the results and the manner in which the system reveals itself, what passes for the Left is the most reliant on an authoritarian state.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Simply stated, there is far too much trolling and hate-mongering going on, especially from

You're a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Could it be that just they didn't want a picture of breasts, even if they were animated as an avatar?

Do you really expect the ATS owners to know all about every piece of art that may be used as an avatar? They just have rules like "no pictures of breasts". Its not a nefarious conspiracy against you, its just common sense rules being enforced.

But humorously your posts will end up being a self fulfilling prophecy that you and others can use to attack ATS owners and mods.

They said this image wasn't t & c, so you repost it, knowing full well it will probably be removed. Then you can bash them as mean authoritarians that removed your post for no reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: 23432

Could it be that just they didn't want a picture of breasts, even if they were animated as an avatar?

Do you really expect the ATS owners to know all about every piece of art that may be used as an avatar? They just have rules like "no pictures of breasts". Its not a nefarious conspiracy against you, its just common sense rules being enforced.

But humorously your posts will end up being a self fulfilling prophecy that you and others can use to attack ATS owners and mods.

They said this image wasn't t & c, so you repost it, knowing full well it will probably be removed. Then you can bash them as mean authoritarians that removed your post for no reason.

Bravo!

To reason

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You're a hypocrite.

You and I don't see things the same way. Of course you're going to say that. And I'm not saying that I'm above snark from time to time, but I wish you knew the actual extent of my restraint.

3 things prompted this thread. One, Fortean's thread from February. Two, a post from ImmortalLegend527...both of which expressed dismay at the decay in this site, and finally, a poster in the latter thread calling for the 'destroying' of all religions and ending with "But i tell you what Muslims are the most deranged by far...and will be eradicated first. "

And that's still in that thread right now. Like I said, I'll own up to some snark but the hatred is new. This thread has been a been a real interesting ride and at the end of the day it would appear to have been a self-fulfilling thesis.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The one thing that is certainly not in decline on ATS is irony.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join