It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This will be my last post in this thread as most folks here have started repeating themselves.
Just think about how you sound. The more one uses profanity and insults to "win" an argument., the dumber one appears.
And really, when you sign out , don't you sometimes feel dirty ?

VF
edit on 27-6-2017 by VenatiusFortunatus because: spell check error

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubrosabelowShouldn't be this way, ever. Disagree. Argue. Debate. All of that is wonderful and good. I love seeing different perspectives because it often helps me realize a new way of thinking. But the name-calling, harassment, nastiness, and attempts to shut down conversation point-blank need to go.

If I could: a star, a flag and applause. Minor detail: in your list "Disagree, Argue, Debate" you forgot the most important: "and finally have learned and agree".

edit on 27-6-2017 by ForteanOrg because: he learned that aruge is not spelled aruge, but argue

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Wow. This .... this is a dumpster fire of a thread.

I'm actually mildly surprised it's been allowed to get to 20 pages. Generally from what I've seen, these types of site criticism threads die out quickly and get addressed by an "admin" or site owner. The "pendulum swings back and forth" story is told, a few older, similar threads are dragged out as "proof" and the entire thing is closed down.

My conspiracy spidey-senses make me wonder if there's a social experiment being run, to see where members stand on this issue...?

Yep looking for hopelessly lost Hillary supporters drowning in a turbulent sea of shame and vomit.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
stop complaining and being babies just start threads and elevate the level of conversation yourself

100 monkeys

this is "people don't agree with me" temper tantrum

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

certain mods are disinfo..... i know i have been watching!

i wouldnt be surprised if this site is ran by the establishment.

Why is there not another site like this???

thats the first red flag!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Reverbs

certain mods are disinfo..... i know i have been watching!

i wouldnt be surprised if this site is ran by the establishment.

Why is there not another site like this???

thats the first red flag!

Obviously, all the members that reach a certain level of understanding get whisked away, luckily for me I'm not smart enough to be noticed.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

thats what i do, the more i see it happen, the more i put out threads and watch!

i am one of the few that still put out actual conspiracies, and i wont be stopped...... muhahahaha

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wouldn't say that. And have to add

ATS is the only possible "connection" to some sh1t that happened to me. So it's dangerous.

But I love it and don't believe the owners are the problem. Forget the thought "oh no I'm monitored". Take it as a fact and tell them your "unmasked" opinion.
"Your account was hacked" goes both ways.
Which makes it entirely useless for evidence.
They can't "suicide" us, because we are very likely prone to investigate, as soon as we notice.
And we are many from at least a handful of different countries.
Internet savvy and a twitter account, plus journalists lurking.

Tell them what you really think.
We got the power.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

ATS is the only possible "connection" to some sh1t that happened to me. So it's dangerous.

I've read a lot of BS on this site over the last 8 or so years, but that has to be the most outrageous and asinine statement of all time. I'm going to send that statement to Vlad's inbox. He'll help you get to the bottom of it for sure.

Buck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In the last 24 hours on ATS there has been a post of content straight out of Stormfront, real nasty neo-nazi stuff, which got a bunch of stars and praising comments from some of the Trump supporters here, before the thread got nuked by the mods.

And a post in which a Trump supporter is salivating in a really creepy way at the thought of a 'snowflake Democrat' being gang raped in jail by black men.

This is not content I want to see anymore. And yet we have the alt-right in this thread saying the problem isn't this content, the problem is the people who don't want to tolerate it.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

...and in exchange we got people like me, who call for violence against the state from the far-left.

You want to shut us up? All opinions you find uncomfortable?
We can have a discussion but don't say what you really think, some have a thinner skin?
With all respect, but "grow a pair"
...says to you a ball-less lady.
Offended by that too?
Just words on a screen...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
...before the thread got nuked by the mods.

This is not content I want to see anymore.

If it got removed you wont be seeing it. That is how the site is supposed to function. How do you preemptively remove offensive content?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

You mean the satirical content straight out of 4chan/pol, it was supposed to be ironic and thought provoking which you'd maybe have eventually figured if you hadn't been screaming Shut it down! and going into virtue signalling meltdown.

You know once upon a time the Left had a reputation for being subversive and edgy, alright that's maybe going back some, but as i tried to point out they're now seen as anything but, only cool within that ever diminishing safe space.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its all madness and politics is the trigger, as soon as people get started on politics then the crap starts flying from every corner and often for the same old predetermined reasons and the nasties start leading the trolling.

What I don't like is the lack of debate and the instant "Whatever you say is going to be crap so I'll not listen and call you names" brigade, I'm sure they believe they are being clever but you are just sheep of sorts following each other and failing to actually use that utensil between your ears. I'm beginning to see the complete lack of a centre ground, its all far left, far right so the notion of getting anything sensible out of that mix is very unlikely. In my case I get the instant outpouring of bigot and Islamophobe yet if you bother to read my stuff its actually nothing of the sort but with the far left you dare not mention the M word without being smeared yet pretty much NONE of these people have a clue about Islam or Muslim life beyond the self styled garbage they get on their left wing sites. I've had Muslims write to me saying its nice to see someone who actually understands what is going on and does not stick blame on normal Muslims but some leftist then goes on a pointless tirade about how wrong I am. it makes me laugh and sad, laugh because they have no clue but sad because they won't learn and research.

For me that is the issue that is dragging ATS down, simple lack of understanding, lack of research and lack of courtesy, I've always told my daughter that swearing is for people too stupid to say intelligent words, I'm a naughty boy in that book at times but I never lower myself to make a deliberate attack on a person at a personal level, calling their viewpoint idiotic is one thing but calling a person an idiot or far worse is just ignorant beyond all and proves just how uncultured you are.

You can have debate with out screaming abuse, you can disagree with a person without calling the names, you can do all of this because you have a brain, how about using it creatively rather than ignorantly.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes heated debates can be wonderful at getting to the real issues but too often the heated side just explodes long before there's resolution, that's just pointless.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

stars.... whats that all about!!

does not help on the search for truth, it distracts....

it summons attention seekers!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Exactly we I came it was for the crypto,aliens etc. etc. an escape from the mainstream.Now you have to wade through socio politics to find anything relevant not to mention all the anger and fighting doesn't encourage people to post.

LOL its easy to get caught up in though lol posted more this week than i did in my 12 previous year here.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Eh... it's a corporatocracy naming or shaming either side makes really no difference. Pick one and it is just a battle of futility that goes round and round.

Solutions to problems hidden or suppressed because old entrenched crap holds us back; hate dialed up due to greed; hoping that the populace remains ignorant and stupid based on throw away material crap with little to no value in retaining. Keeping old tired fuel driven tech as a modern staple in engineering for sales. Using more oil for plastics such as bags than fuel... the list goes on and on.

Corporations cause complications and bureaucracy just as religions do in; interior and exterior fighting for cultural rights; to the public sector world-wide.

Over complicating life? Some subjects are best to shrug and take a break from... at least until the generational majority that have grown so intolerant to tolerance die off.

So many people speak to what they have absolutely no direct experience of; and make decisions based on correlations when it is a known FACT that correlation is NOT a direct line to causation.

So it is generalize this and generalize that and see how much ignorance hangs itself in a cycle of stupidity; in rinse/repeat economics.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's both sides.

I never used to see deliberate baiting in the past though and I'm fairly sure using buzzwords offensively wasn't allowed either, words such as libtard and declaring people snowflakes... Never used to see self censorship by people acting hard as frack?

It started somewhere, it needs to end at some point. ATS never was a place headstrong people used to come to in order to headbutt each other.

Maybe the mud pit is to blame, maybe it's the politically motivated posters (we've all seen them) who let their drivel spill over from the mud pit?

We need a mop.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's not satire to post neo-nazi screeds.

It's not satire to post 'people I disagree with are big stupid doo-doo heads'.

It is however a well worn tactic of fascists when their threads get nuked to cry about how it was just satire and they didn't really mean it, they are the real victims here.

You knew exactly what that post was intended to do. It was intended to insult and offend and inflame an already tense discussion going on elsewhere.

It was intended to drive away people who disagree with the alt-right. And it's probably succeeded. Congratulations alt-right members of ATS, you're driving away all the people who disagree with you. Enjoy your click-bait echo chamber.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You mention John Lear that made me chuckle if you look at his claims with any real scrutiny he is at best deluded have a look at the Living Moon site plenty to laugh at on there much from banned members of ATS. Big claims need big proof something that you never get.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join