It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind
a reply to: dreamingawake

Threats being tolerated on ATS? Say it ain't so? This is a direct result of commercialization. Money trumps proper modding. As long as pockets stay lined whatever can fly. Everything is for sale.

I've seen them taken care of for the most part, which is really good. Though, it's the fact that it's appears to be more common being the bigger worry. I feel for the members and the mods having to deal with this.
edit on 26-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: editing

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I just think it's funny that people come to a conspiracy forum expecting it to be filled with Obama/Clinton supporters. In case you haven't noticed they've been a topic of discussion on here long before the 2016 elections.

Right. They come with in their mainstream MSM corporatist induced perceptions. They find aplenty of their partisan counterparts, and then 'all these other' people... with whom the one thing if anything common amongst them all is a disdain for 'The Powers That Be' (pick your favorite phrase for "Them").

Well when the Two Party's are dominated by such TPTB, which includes as their top public figurehead henchmen the Bush's & Clinton's (and their close allies), expect to find all sorts of exotic viewpoints of critique of "your team" assuming your team involves the sort of people that surround the Bush's & Clinton's.

Now factor in said typical partisan counterparts, and viola between them and all these 'other people' you'll find ripe opposition to such Ruling Establishment henchmen / puppets / stooges / parrots / etc.

Now have 'your team' in power for 8 years and that alone will have 'the entire' site hopping full of people at the ready to crucify them for the corrupt evil scum that they are. Just ask any of the people whom supported Bush still by his 8th year. They might remember labeling me "liberal moonbat" lol. But now bring in spiteful Identity Politics into your teams mix during your 8 years, whereby the whole damn civilization begins to grow entirely tired of your teams "you're a racist if you disagree with us" BS (in such a way typically you'd only see that sort of consensus here in ATS almost exclusively as described), and begin the butthurt campaign of labeling the the whole site a bunch of "far right white nationalists", and so on.

And then act surprised when we dont all come running to your aid, while you're throwing temper tantrums about your 8 years being up, with wool blankets and hot cocoa.

How about you realize that all of us 'those other people in here' we've never had even 4 years as long as we've been alive. Although maybe, ust maybe, we might just get a taste of that with Trump. Since you're corporate MSM war criminal monger propaganda fronts are so against him it sure seems like it might just happen. We'll see...

But when you're literally out of your minds in here everyday with the most over the top (95% delusional no less) smear campaign surely in human history, all because you dont like him and oh your 8 year turn is up, so then you smear all of us 'other people' as everything from Alt-Right racists to lunatic nutters, and people dont take kindly to it, and then etc and etc and well yeah I could see the disdain for the place not being an echo chamber like Tumblr.

But that doesn't make it a alt-right echo chamber either.

Since it isn't even a Conspiracy Theorist echo chamber, it's reaching for being "certifiable" to smear the site as an alt-right echo chamber.
edit on 26-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler
Sarcasm Level=Grand Master.

link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yes, yes, the right wing.

I cannot even tell you how many times I have been called a racist and all of the other "isms" on this website. It is a large part of why I don't post as much anymore.

I think you are viewing things from the same paradigm that you are pointing fingers at. Everyone has been nasty, you just disagree with the "right wing" and that is why their actions are amplified for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I say nothing changes unless the members initiate it.

The owners and moderators have been saying this for years. Don't like the content? Change the content.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Your post wasn't to the ATS masses, it was to the management. They have chimed in.

68 flags. Of the 169k or so posters on ATS that is half of one percent. Make sense?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I for one thank you JohnnyCanuck for opening up this discussion again. Seems to me higher ups have blown off this issue as just another wayward fly to be removed from the ointment when in fact this is a very serious issue. I say nothing changes unless the members initiate it.

I am being totally sincere here.

What do you want the owners to do? Censor all political discussion?

If they did that, you would have even more people (myself included) crying fowl about that.

Much like all people that cry to authority for censorship, you may just find yourself on the receiving end of that, and then who would you complain too?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

You must realize everything changed for the worse when ATS felt a need for sponsorship. Wouldn't you tolerate a # load of dysfunction if your pockets stayed lined?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I say nothing changes unless the members initiate it.

The owners and moderators have been saying this for years. Don't like the content? Change the content.

I did.

Most people here are stuck in perpetuating what they despise though.

Oh well, not my problem.
I enjoy what I write...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I did.

Most people here are stuck in perpetuating what they despise though.

Oh well, not my problem.
I enjoy what I write...

Same. And more people should pump out unique content like yours.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

ATS always has sucked, you are just noticing now?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LIverPunch

How many names was that today?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

First problem is, you're right, TWO parties THINK they represent ALL Americans. Well, 42% of the American populace has made it quite clear that they DON'T. Forty-two percent no longer identify with either party and about 48% don't participate in the Republican-Democrat charade. Until the Republicans and Democrats finally "get it," this country will remain topsy-turvy, so will political discourse. Just the way it is.
edit on 26-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Get rid of it all together. Stick to the original base narrative. You must be part of the bird part quarrel to say that. Want to voice your partisan views to the world? Write to your state's council. ATS is not about politics. ATS has morphed into a sponsored pay-to-say viper pit. I am not the only one who has witnessed this happen over the span of 18 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks!

Hopefully I can start whippin up a couple threads per month. Don't hold me to that, but that's my aim.

Will add part 3 of my recent addition tomorrow if all goes to plan. Only 16 people liked it so far, but hey, that's actually a lot considering what I'm doing...

I usually tell myself that the esoteric threads are sleepers and won't be a hit for a few more years when people finally catch on.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Just keep doing what you're doing as it demonstrates to everyone else that some members actually walk the walk when it comes to content.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Much like all people that cry to authority for censorship, you may just find yourself on the receiving end of that, and then who would you complain too?

And there it is:

Ban Infowars because they smear SJW psycho's.

And that would mean they'd have to ban BuzzFeed links.

Which would mean they'd have to ban Breitbart links.

And then HuffPo links.

Which by now if anyone is being honest with themselves would come CNN Fox ABC NBC CBS NYTimes WaPo etc etc etc etc etc etc... if not for mere poltical bias alone and that would be but scratching the tip of the iceberg of all those propaganda fronts sins.

I suppose Sibel Edmonds new collective (www.newsbud.com...) would be about all that could remain, but wait, they criticize Obama's war mongering so we need to get rid of them and DemocracyNow! too.

The one thing I can say for the proper conservatives around here, unlike their partisan counterparts, I've never seen them make threads specifically to promote banning sources they dont like. Likewise, although when CNN whoever has an over the top piece, sure people enjoy scoffing at them, but I've never seen them deliberately derail a thread for 5 straight pages and ALERT the mods 'over the source' because the story wasnt going their way. Liberals, your team have been ablaze with that the past year. In 12 years I've never seen anything anyone else like it.

Ergo, I haven't seen anyone all year recall how a year ago this site was under perpetual DDOS attacks while the heat was on Hillary and the SJW civil war machine. Anyone around here doubt it was a particular scene responsible for all that? You wanna talk about the site going downhill how about when you cant even access it all morning every other day for months because one team cant take the heat their candidate has been spirit cooking her whole career in her executive scandal kitchen.

And on that note... wait for it... I just Flagged the thread!

edit on 26-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Get rid of it all together. Stick to the original base narrative. You must be part of the bird part quarrel to say that. Want to voice your partisan views to the world? Write to your state's council. ATS is not about politics. ATS has morphed into a sponsored pay-to-say viper pit. I am not the only one who has witnessed this happen over the span of 18 years.

Well lucky for us you do not own ATS.

But I have a solution!

Take your own money, buy a cite, and ban anyone who doesn't talk about exactly what you like!

It will be a HUGE success!

Or, you can just click on the forums you like.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well lucky for us you do not own ATS.

But I have a solution!

Take your own money, buy a cite, and ban anyone who doesn't talk about exactly what you like!

It will be a HUGE success!

Or, you can just click on the forums you like.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

You get more results by voicing your political opinion to politicians than you do by hollering them out of your window. The internet is a mighty big window with no politicians at the ready sillside to listen to rants they could give a # less about. I swear some people get off on spilling their political views into ears of those who care not to listen. ATS is not the proper venue for bird part fights. There are literally thousands of sites made especially for that. Find them. Use them.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I asked for a member to wait for a new camera to be installed on the ISS before claiming a conspiracy so we could see the new stream first.

I was called a clinton supporter, and I must of voted for her, even though it was after the election by months - I'm Australian and don't care about Politics.

It came out of no where, and that is the type of posts I see daily in all different types of threads and topics.

I understand what the Op means.

*Shrugs* I just become more dry the more I see it.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join