It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The most anticlimactic announcement. Evah!

Trump is such a damp squib.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I believe that there are recordings of the meeting that took place in the oval office.

I believe that Trump did not personally make the recordings. I would think that he probably doesn't have the recordings in his personal possession.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh no! Trump said Comey had better hope no one had recorded the conversation and now it turns out no one did.

I fail to see how this warrants a breaking news banner on news outlets.

It's like Trump getting two scoops of ice cream at dinner. A nothing story. Now ... if he had said, I recorded that conversation Comey ... than it might be news.

just because you are getting use to trump intimidation and lies, doesn't mean the rest of us are....

Maybe it's just that I've had 8 years of living with Obama intimidation and lies to grow a few callouses?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: alphabetaone

I realized a few weeks ago that Donald Trump is well acquainted with how the media operates. He's been featured in a lot of shows...even WrestleMania. What he's doing to the media is similar to a WrestleMania smack-down!

The problem is, as I see it, that he has a country to run with over 300 million constituents that reside in it. We don't want a reality TV show playing out in a political theater where there are real issues to work on.

Having a cognizance of the integrals of the media is not the same as having an equal amount of awareness to how a Government is run. These are childish games.

If Trump were to do what I suggest, certain liberal Media outlets would be hit with huge fines. The "childish games" are less threatening to their continued existence. But like you, I'm hoping that President Trump will mature out of those games and start hitting them where it hurts.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DJW001

Lol, is this a surprise?

Trump has just sent CNN into a new tailspin by banning live video feeds and live recordings of the Press Briefings...

*sigh* Remember when this was going to be "the most transparent administration ever?"

Its only CNN, BBC I believe who are banned - best to keep the fake news out of proceedings.

Waiting to see the full details - just watched CNN screaming over it.

What are you talking about? CNN is BANNED? OMG... BEST NEWS THIS WEEK!!!

Lol something has happened ... CNN very upset

different thread needed I think.

For now, the fact Trump has no tapes is probably the least surprising news I have heard all year.

True that,

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

His aid, Oamarossa, said that every conversation in the Whitehouse is recorded. I think the Grandfather Clock may be the device in the Oval Office.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

Uh-huh ... that was long before anyone knew Comey was the leaker.

Don't spoil it for him...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Comey did say "Bring it." Actually he said, "I hope there really are tapes."

That's when Trump knew his little bluff was going to backfire on him. Because he didn't have any tapes and even if he did it would only prove Comey correct.

So what did Trump do???

He spent the next couple weeks avoiding the conversation about the tapes, saying stuff like "We'd see soon enough" and other BS excuses only to now come out and say, "I don't have any tapes."

Basically, "Comey called my bluff and I got caught in another lie, like I always do because I'm either Dumb or stupid or both."

Now all his minions have to run around covering for his ass. Including all the Trumpanzees around here who are doing the same.
edit on 22-6-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a cowardly and weak FBI director

In the grown up world, we think before we speak, and think before we act. Neither of those two are cowardly OR weak. Some on this site would do well to remember that.

I respectfully disagree. Comey looked like a total coward by the end of his hearing, afraid to push back against Loretta Lynch's improper suggestion, and so scared of Trump that he didn't even want to be alone with him.

And I will respectfully disagree with you.

When your boss asks you to do something do you do it? Or do you let your conscience guide you on how to do what your company wants done? Though I do have to agree about one thing, he should have done nothing at all and let her take the fall for her own indiscretions.

With respect to being "afraid" to be alone with President Trump; he wasn't scared of him, he was scared that his reputation would take too large a hit and rightfully so. At least he has his reputation as evidenced by the overwhelming majority of those who know him and worked with him including an almost majority of the Judiciary and Intelligence committees.

link   
Trump has a long history of secretly recording calls, according to former associates

Of course this idiot has the tapes, he just does not want people to hear them because we would hear that the conversation between Trump and Comey went down exactly as Comey said. Then Trump would be caught in yet another lie.

Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I totally agree with this statement. I also think that whatever was discussed / recorded at this meeting is NOT for public consumption. The lies and secrets of the last administration run deep.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Having him say so was a requisite by the house oversight committee who, two weeks ago told the Whitehouse that they had until tomorrow to either hand over the tapes or admit there are no tapes.

So what was trump talking about when he said Comey better hope?
Was that an act of attempted intimidation? Or just you know...par for the course B.S. from the liar in chief.

Trump "better hope" that Mueller looks at it as just the expected crap from trump because if he considers it the former, it goes in the evidence pile.

edit on 6222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Oh no! Trump said Comey had better hope no one had recorded the conversation and now it turns out no one did.

I fail to see how this warrants a breaking news banner on news outlets.

It's like Trump getting two scoops of ice cream at dinner. A nothing story. Now ... if he had said, I recorded that conversation Comey ... than it might be news.

just because you are getting use to trump intimidation and lies, doesn't mean the rest of us are....

Maybe it's just that I've had 8 years of living with Obama intimidation and lies to grow a few callouses?

right....because there is such an equivalency between the both of them, that they could be one and the same person....uh huh, got it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

If that's the case then he's lying now anyway by saying he doesn't have any tapes.

There isn't any way out of this where Trump isn't lying about something.

He's either lying in the past, or now or later because he has to in order to cover his ass.

He's painted himself into a corner no matter what. Because that is what happens we start lying about stuff.

When you lie you then have to keep lying to cover that first lie. Eventually you have no choice but to keep lying because you've blocked every possible path between you and the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
trump...he can't even back up what comes out of his own mouth

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I believe that there are recordings of the meeting that took place in the oval office.

I believe that Trump did not personally make the recordings. I would think that he probably doesn't have the recordings in his personal possession.

This.

All Trump ever said when Comey got fired is that Comey better hope there were no recordings of their conversation.

Trump never said that he may have recorded them. Read his tweet today. He said :

With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea.....whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.

The left have got to be the most shallow thinking people on the planet!

All Trump is indicating and has indicated is that with all the leaks and electronic "spying" going on and who know what other shenanigans ever since he began his run for presidency, Comey better be careful to tell the truth.....who knows what is lurking within and without.

Simple common sense.

Now, after Comey's testimony, Trump clarifies that he, himself, did not make such recordings nor does he have such recordings.

No lies. No dishonesty. The swamp is a nasty place full of alligators galore just waiting to devour our president. He is being careful and cautious as he drains the swamp full of liars and fraudsters from a deeply entrenched D.C. cabal of high stakes players.

I, for one, am glad President Trump is at the helm.
edit on 22-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It would take a TON of evidence for disciplinary action to be taken against President Trump, in the current environment. Republicans run things...and they just keep WINNING and WINNING. Only a fool would rock this boat..or change direction.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

FEINSTEIN: You told the president, I — I would see what we could do. What did you mean?

COMEY: Well, it (ph) was kind of a slightly cowardly way of trying to avoid telling him, we’re not going to do that — that I would see what we could do. It was a way of kind of getting off the phone, frankly. And then I turned and handed it to the acting deputy attorney general, Mr. Boente.

FEINSTEIN: Now, here’s the question: You’re big. You’re strong. I know the Oval Office, and I know what happens to people when they walk in. There is a certain amount of intimidation. But why didn’t you stop and say, “Mr. President, this is wrong. I cannot discuss this with you”?

COMEY: It’s a great question. Maybe if I were stronger, I would have. I was so stunned by the conversation that I just...
all emphases mine

New York Times

Is Comey not speaking of himself or his actions?

link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I think it was an attempt to force leaker, coward, and obstructionist Comey to be honest. Which it appears to have somewhat accomplished.

It doesn't make sense to me that it was intimidation other than intimidation not to lie.

Child Psychology 101.

It seems clear that if there are recordings they will show the truth. And so by saying what he said he was saying the truth will out. Can/should someone be denigrated for intimidating the truth out of you?

Interesting times we live in.

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So what was the exact tweet?
I'm sure you've seen it because you "know" this one is out of context.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join