It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: alphabetaone

I realized a few weeks ago that Donald Trump is well acquainted with how the media operates. He's been featured in a lot of shows...even WrestleMania. What he's doing to the media is similar to a WrestleMania smack-down!

The problem is, as I see it, that he has a country to run with over 300 million constituents that reside in it. We don't want a reality TV show playing out in a political theater where there are real issues to work on.

Having a cognizance of the integrals of the media is not the same as having an equal amount of awareness to how a Government is run. These are childish games.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean Republicans won elections in two "red states" despite Trump.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Exactly what his critics feared: a "Reality TV" presidency.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
he his trolling liberals and fake news on the way.

What you call "trolling", some of us refer to as the upper limits of his intellectual eptitude.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

By at least 5 - 0 in the recent "referendum." Plus Comey admitting to being a leaker and coward. That ain't losing.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh no! Trump said Comey had better hope no one had recorded the conversation and now it turns out no one did.

I fail to see how this warrants a breaking news banner on news outlets.

It's like Trump getting two scoops of ice cream at dinner. A nothing story. Now ... if he had said, I recorded that conversation Comey ... than it might be news.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no! Trump said Comey had better hope no one had recorded the conversation and now it turns out no one did.

Wrong. Trump reacted to sworn testimony by threatening the witness, implying he had evidence that would contradict the testimony. After consultation with his lawyer, he has issued an ambiguous statement that suggests that he has no such evidence, but that there may have been evidence that no longer exists or the existence of which he may not know.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Plus Comey admitting to being a leaker and coward.

Trump is also a leaker and a coward. He is well known for calling up the press and "leaking" things that make him look good. He also managed to avoid serving in Viet Nam. Comey was too young to serve.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

yeah kind of like how Trump hoped comey would let flynn go

You know the use of the word "hope" in both those instances for some reason reminds me of former administrations.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Trump reacted to sworn testimony by threatening the witness, implying he had evidence that would contradict the testimony.

Well, in the spirit of fairness, the original "tapes" tweet, was made before there was any sworn testimony...at that point only speculation that Jim Comey may have had memos, which we now know is the case.

After consultation with his lawyer, he has issued an ambiguous statement that suggests that he has no such evidence, but that there may have been evidence that no longer exists or the existence of which he may not know.

I doubt highly we'll ever truly know if there is / isn't was / wasn't .... Honestly though, at this point I'm not sure it matters, I feel confident that Mueller will ask the relevant questions to get to the bottom of things with or without "tapes".

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

See, that's ssomething that doesn't seem to register with the anti-Trump crowd. The only way the existence of such recordings could be considered a threat would be if the one being threatened were to say something in public at variance with what may have been recorded.

Wouldn't that put the person who is being 'threatened' in a precarious position?

I guess since we had an extremely careless former Secretary of State receive help from a cowardly and weak FBI director, that any attempt at getting to the bottom of that is a threat too?
edit on 22-6-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: Weird typos

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a cowardly and weak FBI director

In the grown up world, we think before we speak, and think before we act. Neither of those two are cowardly OR weak. Some on this site would do well to remember that.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Wrong. Trump reacted to sworn testimony by threatening the witness, implying he had evidence that would contradict the testimony.

LMAO !!!

This can only be construed as a threat if Comey was planning to lie. If Comey was always planning to testify truthfully, he could just shrug off the suggestion that the conversations might have been taped, and say "Bring it!"

And given that Comey came out of his hearings looking like a pants-wetting six-year-old, I'd say we probably got something pretty close to the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Trump knows that his opponents knew it was a lie. But he knows that his supporters will defend him, but they knew it was a lie too. And Trump supporters know that opponents know they know that it is a lie. Living inside the mind of a cult leader is hard.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

In the grown up world, we think before we speak, and think before we act. Neither of those two are cowardly OR weak. Some on this site would do well to remember that.

I respectfully disagree. Comey looked like a total coward by the end of his hearing, afraid to push back against Loretta Lynch's improper suggestion, and so scared of Trump that he didn't even want to be alone with him.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Are you trying to "intimidate" J&C? A.) Impossible, he got big ones and is very bright, B.) Comey testified to both being skeered and easily manipulated.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's like Trump getting two scoops of ice cream at dinner. A nothing story. Now ... if he had said, I recorded that conversation Comey ... than it might be news.

Did Obama bug Trump Tower? That was a pretty definitive tweeted statement.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Wrong. Trump reacted to sworn testimony by threatening the witness, implying he had evidence that would contradict the testimony. After consultation with his lawyer, he has issued an ambiguous statement that suggests that he has no such evidence, but that there may have been evidence that no longer exists or the existence of which he may not know.

What?

He wasn't responding to a sworn testimony, his tweet was after the 11th May NYT story about loyalty.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

just because you are getting use to trump intimidation and lies, doesn't mean the rest of us are....

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Uh-huh ... that was long before anyone knew Comey was the leaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join