It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, a "source" from within the White House reportedly said, a couple of hours ago, that there were, in fact, no taped conversations (by Trump) of he and Comey's conversations.

Trump himself has tweeted this, saying he did not tape any conversations, but also saying he doesn't know if any such recordings exist.

Trump appears to have left open the possibility that recordings of their conversations may exist.
Link

Now, is this true? We know Trump is at least a liar (he tweeted he is under investigation by the FBI), which his lawyers even denies (or his lawyer is lying).

It's quite possible Trump *did* record the conversations (or have them recorded), but since they would back up Comey's version of events (which Trump and his other lawyer has denied took place), he could have very well had them destroyed since they would perhaps implicate him and catch him in a lie.

Furthermore, earlier today Newt Gingrich also said he thought Trump was lying abut the tapes in order to "rattle" Comey.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said he thinks President Trump was trying to "rattle" former FBI Director James Comey by suggesting there might be recordings of their conversations.

"I think he was, in his way, instinctively trying to rattle Comey," Gingrich told The Associated Press.

"He's not a professional politician. He doesn't come back and think about Nixon and Watergate. His instinct is: 'I'll outbluff you.' "
Link

Some, however, might view the concept of "rattling" as witness intimidation. Something to consider.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I believe that there are NO tapes... which then brings up the question of "is this attempted intimidation?" He's not organized enough to keep a library of tapes like Nixon did.

Trump also says he has no idea if anyone recorded such a tape. Since it took place in his office and with a known group of people, there could be only two sources for a tape... unless the Secret Service doesn't understand how to sweep for bugs.

edit on 22-6-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Damn fake news headline falesly attributing an edited quote to Trump when it actually came from yet another unnamed source.

This is exactly why nobody trusts the dishonest establishment media anymore.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

(post by Liquesence removed for political trolling and baiting)
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Damn fake news headline falesly attributing a quote to Trump when it actually came from yet another unnamed source.

Straight quote from Trump's twitter feed - as seen there.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Damn fake news headline falesly attributing an edited quote to Trump when it actually came from yet another unnamed source.

Pay attention, please. The story came directly from Trump.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yea. Who didn't see that coming I suppose.

I'm pretty sure the general concensus already was that he had no tapes...having him say so was merely a formality.

(post by Deny Arrogance removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So there may be tapes but if such tapes exist it wasn't me.
Looking forward to the leak of the tapes.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And of coirse Trumo never tweeted that he is under investigation.

He mocked the media for assuming such a ridiculous notion.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

This is a typical knee jerk Trump supporter reaction. "Freaking lying media!" Funny how Trump has managed to hedge what he said. He has no idea if there are recordings... and he may be using the word "tapes" with unusual precision.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Is a digital voice recording a "tape?"

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think it was an attempt to force leaker, coward, and obstructionist Comey to be honest. Which it appears to have somewhat accomplished.

It doesn't make sense to me that it was intimidation other than intimidation not to lie.

Child Psychology 101.
edit on 22-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

which then brings up the question of "is this attempted intimidation?"

haha is that really a question? Of course it's attempted intimidation, but Jim Comey knew full well that there was no fear of being intimidated...hence the "Lordy" chronicles.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Pretty much absolves himself: I didn't personally record anything, but if someone did (even under my direction), I don't personally have an tapes (or recordings).

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
sorry, I meant to quote and respond liquesence.

Are you in such denial that you missed this part of the article that directly contradicts the clickbait title misquote?

Trump appears to have left open the possibility that recordings of their conversations may exist.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

He plays the liberal MSM like a fiddle, LOL. They devote DAYS of coverage to stories that are designed to make them look like idiots in the end. Love it!

link   
a reply to: The GUT

So you are okay with intimidation? How does that square with your sense of conservative principles?

link   
a reply to: Byrd

I believe that there are NO tapes... which then brings up the question of "is this attempted intimidation?" He's not organized enough to keep a library of tapes like Nixon did.

Attempted intimidation? Really?

/quizzical

The source in the OP just proved that Trump outsmarted Comey. He baited him with a tweet and was able to get Comey to implicate Loretta Lynch.

Win-Win

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join