It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

are you talking about sage? I dont know popular people references. myley cyrus?

anyway I became a leaf once. well only a leaf for just a bit until i opened mirrored into two leaves ripping reality at the seams like harsh sand paper i am two leaves. then 4 8.. infinity.. I am all the leaves like paperdolls connected like a chain?

its a weird feeling slowly remembering what a human is.

Maria Pastora seemed to like me. But my fear was too much.

I was learning how to be an eisel once in a class of eisels being taught by a black permanent marker. I belonged there. My childhood was involved.

Ive heard so many peoples dreams of like going through a portal.. breaking through.. but whats odd is being a 2d surface of a portal like you are the edge of a black hole or something. Try explaining that one in english, but of course you know what I mean.

edit on 19-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Salvia is extremely interesting, they got a big variety and all of them are useful for one thing or another.
I saw a cube of wind coming through the open window and the dude on the stool across from me knocked his head sideways against his ankles ... oh my gawd I laughed so so much.

So to you meta means abstract & never a true statement for everything?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I was thinking more in relation to your comment that we could be on the verge of something akin to the Cambrian Explosion which is probably the best illustration of why we need both the Court Jester and the Red Queen to understand how diversity is affected by adversity in the micro and the macro. I generally believe that while evolution doesn't rule out an all-seeing, creator god, it does kind of place that god outside of the creation, disempowered to intervene except ultimately (ie flicking the switch and ending the experiment).

Nazism is a phase that we go through and that some still cling to, and paedophiles may be everywhere but they are not everyone, and they are of the 'human condition' grounded in the desire for power over others and control of nature. The Earth has seen numerous apocalyptic events, those are the conditions that created the robust life systems that we have today, and which drove us to have such big brains. We have space ships, yet we still can't go to the deepest depths of our oceans. There is plenty left to explore and to discover. The war for your soul is consumerism, the conflict, as Erich Fromm put it, of "to have or to be." And there is nothing quite like hope to get you reaching for your purse, except fear.

The hair is pretty much what you would expect of your modern crone about town, ie, not something I particularly care about unless it's getting in my face.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

On a simple, active, day to day basis, sure, I anthropomorphize all the time because it is what I am, it's how I have evolved, it's my 'nature' and how I have been nurtured. It is that very quality that enabled us to be what we are today but I think we take it too far, we deny our own volition and autonomy by awarding it to 'inanimate' objects - things. Now I certainly give a plant or tree, or a fungus, a certain amount of volition, but essentially, they are all bound by cycles and rhythms. The intensity and direction of the light, access to ground water, rainfall, soil nutrients - dictate it's ability to grow and develop, the flourish or to wither and die. I think by understanding plant functions we can much better understand ourselves and how we evolved, not simply as metaphors for the human condition but our actual dependency upon the biosphere, or rather our co-dependency, or perhaps symbiosis would be a better word. I think by over anthropomorphizing we begin to feel that things that have no life have life and we have neglected the lives (bio-diveristy) we depend upon to achieve that illusion. Wheat is like a humunculus of wild grasses, a freak not of nature but of man's creation. Trying to make life easier for himself, he makes it impossible for everyone else.

There isn't a domesticated animal that I cannot make my friend. I understand them, they're just like me. Plants too. 'Weeds' just are, you know. Wild animals watch me warily, before widening the gap, because they know that I am a killer of their kind. I don't try to change their minds, from their perspective I wouldn't consider me a friend either.

I do agree with everything you say, but it's not something I feel hugely comfortable about. I try to get out of that box and think it through sometimes. I'd love to think like a weed but when push comes to shove I am a rose and I need 'tending'.

Electricity I'm going to leave out of that equation for the time being because, like fire (and connectively) it has kind of domesticated us.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I thought 'meta' is like the overarching or encompassing view of the thing itself, like meta-physics is the physics of physics; a meta-narrative, the narrative of narratives - and so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Well yes, but it was maths trying to find a rule about all maths by making an abstract, replacing it with different symbols and the result was there's no "one to describe all". Meta futile.
But that's what we do, right? Symbols and names to interact with it from "ghost to ghost".
The weird thing is: sometimes it works. Plants grow better, the computer/car/machine behaves...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You are using language to describe language!

No. It is thought. You replace a thought with an abstract entity (could be a hieroglyph) and use the symbols themselves (and whatever rules you can understand) to make meaningful statements (if you can) about what you didn’t know before.

It is a form of exploration. Of fun with your mind. And not a thing to “control” or “wrestle” since it is already an extension of you (and Universe, which is why she likes, er, me, but loves us all! Sounds weird but trust me, in case I am not around to say it!! She/he/it does love us!).

Meta is hard to grasp but not at the same time. It is not an “equation sign” where one thing stands for another. It is the same but also larger. The language breakdown and we are at the foot of Babel trying to find God!

Words are entwined with experience. Our different languages are a great testament to to the same ideas but different languages: mind, body, spirit; mer, ka, ba; id, ego, superego... can be argued to ‘represent’ that aspect of “self” that, as the the ‘other’, we are trying to explain.

Crap! What was I talking about??!! LOL!!

Oh, language is too small (we already have said that!) but is the anchor we have to deal with!

And we keep repeating ourselves! (Nobody listens!lol)

It’s all good! There are no definitive answers. And our constant questions shows how young we are as a group of‘humans’!!

And...

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Weird thing is: somehow I dreamed about it, I was running around searching for codes all impossible long numbers on bottles.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

LOL!!!

Oh, if it was so easy to explain my dreams as that!! No,?we are kind of the same but mine are way stranger than a single goal...

Oh, h3ll, already told you about it, no need to rehash history!

But the meta messes with you!!

Like I said. Seems to be real and have intelligence (oh man! She is gonna get mad when I state this! But it is more “my dumb, naked monkey ass can figure something out...” But still, she will not be happy!). eta: No, she is smarter than anything and has ‘moods’. That is the part I think she would not like.

Meta thinking is hard to do (for mere mortals). So, this is one of the best threads if you approached it as an experiment And let it just happen.

But hey, what do I know??!

😀
edit on 23-7-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarafin. Twice daily psoriasis control. Ask your dermatologist about it. And look like Michael on stage!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Double posts flake pops. Now with honey!!!
edit on 23-7-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: They’re great!!

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

kinda like something Ive noticed.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

To you it's a she to me a he and to all of us home and the one true love we can't find amongst humans.

Also "they" wrote Rocket Man through Elton John just for me, it's a message. It's not the science it's what you live.

And yes I didn't sleep and am ... a kite
Still truth
edit on 24-7-2020 by Peeple because: I'm not illiterate, my auto-correct is

They say it's about reincarnation.

edit on 24-7-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You are so on point.

and of course my ad was for frosted flakes, so the universe is speaking through teot. chef kiss. that is like so meta

edit on 25-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I took a picture cause..

and Kilgore!

edit on 27-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm reading the code book and it's great. I learned that Babbage was a hilarious guy and had a minor inconvenient struggle with street musicians.
And heard of the Beale treasure for the first time.
I love stories like that.

How is everybody? Summertime activities prevent you from being mysterious?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Im working a lot haha.
Not very mysterious.

I got a $300 bonus check today.

I watched this.

I found it very interesting. I love anytime someone is so smart they are literally super excited the person they are talking to gets pieces of it.

right handed and left handed nutrinos..
maybe you can have gravity without interacting with higgs boson field?

its a prediction that matches... Certain aspects while taking certain liberties.. But other people needed the same number. it could be something.

but there isnt yet proof.
We could be getting closer.
it involves time going backwards and forwards, at the same time lol.

I talk about that all the.....

time.

edit on 30-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I like to think my intuition is good but the limitations of my actual knowledge are pretty narrow, so I'm kind of trying to work on that.
On the side exciting things happen like a broken toilette. Lol
Summertime and living is easy...
In my case lazy.
I would love to have that excitement of discovery too.
But it's too warm. Haha

I love the archive.org donated a bit because it feels like what the internet should be.
The rest of ATS is currently just boring I somehow lost all interest to participate. Maybe because I'm "the enemy" I love Marx, I want to see a glocal social democracy...
And one can only roll the eyes so often before it develops into a fatigue.

There are 0 deaths from corona lately and I don't understand why it's still a problem? They're locking in hundreds of people and at the same time complain herd immunity won't work.
So I used to say "everybody but me is insane" as a joke it's getting less and less funny

But I have coffee, smokes, sunshine and books. Watching the world burn. I just don't feel like participating in any way would be worth the troubles.
Social Fatigue and Summertime Blues

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

you watching the
world burn with your coffee and cigarettes is an oddly happy image for me haha.

edit on 30-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It's not unpleasant.
I read Pale Blue Dot now, never read a Sagan book before, saw it on the archive it's really a great resource I'm planing to work through their "books we like" list, my tablet is really big so their reader is perfect. Streaming a book sounds a bit crazy.
But it's cool.

I didn't really adjust to the approaching heat this year it's #ing hot!

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

How hot?
Its a jungle here.
like 35C and 90% humidity..
last 3 weeks?

I get to work, with fire everywhere, and cool off.

Aliens are real too.

And peeps the fastest way to your world government is through aliens exposed to the masses.

seeing as how "not destabalizing the economy" is worth much much more than truth.. only extreme power with extreme confidence would ever risk such a feat of uniting the globe.

if you mess it up almost all of us would die.

edit on 31-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join