It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's more the signs of recognition and funny handshakes that they can't talk about although my brother (who is one of them) and I have talked around them, otherwise, most Masons that I have met, here and in person, have been quite happy to answer every question I have posed to them.

And I've had a tour of the lodge, which was nice.

They like tassels, that was my big take-away.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Lol

Oh no now I'm lost in Adam Green

edit on 1-7-2020 by Peeple because: more music

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Brothers Always Teot.

Love you man.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

edit on 1-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

here is a good one..

they kill people and make up stories

edit on 2-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I think I am too now...how could I not be with lines like 'castles 'n' tassels and flatulent ass-holes'?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. Good thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

It's a bit... out there but if you got some time: free graphic novel by him & co war & paradise

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Quantum fluctuations effect at the human scale -MIT

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It is out-there but I'm kind of liking it. I really like that kind of words jumbled together but still making sense sort of thing. I'm sure there is a name for it, but it reminds me of the Goon Show and Month Python - but in writing.

I haven't finished yet...but yeah, nice find and thanks for the pointing!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I called it out there because I had no other way of describing it that wouldn't have completely spoilered it.

I think it's actually pretty on point for a metaphorical parallel-metaphysical piece of art.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Totally! I'm only about a quarter through...so you must not say more.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just realised I use the word "meta" totally different than how people probably understand it?

Everybody: about the thing itself
Me: transcending, beyond

Language you bitch!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

well in gaming meta is the big game.
micro is the fast clicks abd hotkeyes ..

thats for real time strategy atleast where you control 100s of unique units. in that way meta is strategy while micro is like tactics.

internet usage of meta is like the movie "inception."
next layer up like like watching yourself.

"thats so meta" is like we are in a movie and we just "broke the 4th wall"

that sounds like the way you use it.

English changes so fast. and words get to mean so many things ha!

And then Reverbs tries to say things that dont have widespread concept bases so no exact words. Language is a double edged sword atleast.

@Kilgore

This is great.

If you want to even watch some, we could have an interesting back and forth.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Haha...okay, I've listened to a couple of minutes and I'm in...but I'm going to listen in one batch - I have some work to do on a piece of jewellery I'm making, listening material is just what I need. So later...

In the meantime, I've got this for you.

The historical narrative of white women’s victimhood goes back to myths that were constructed during the era of American slavery. Black slaves were posited as sexual threats to the white women, the wives of slave owners; in reality, slave masters were the ones raping their slaves. This ideology, however, perpetuated the idea that white women, who represented the good and the moral in American society, needed to be protected by white men at all costs, thus justifying racial violence towards Black men or anyone that posed a threat to their power. This narrative that was the overarching theme of Birth of a Nation, the 1915 film that was the first movie to be shown at the White House, and is often cited as the inspiration for the rebirth of the KKK.

time.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I love that.

White men are worried about "stealing"... being stolen from.

from back then historically not so long.. it manifests today.

maijuana was made illegal to protect white women from black men who were sex crazed. usa. marijuana caused rape. And its still in the psyche. I mean that as the thought of the time. fear... fear that doesnt end in one event always creates darkness later.

Fear is the first step to the darkside. Fear of the unknown.. fearing other people is not knowing other people. once you do SEE other people... we are brothers and sisters. our enemy isnt aliens.. our enemy is our ability to see each other as alien.

Im a broken record. LOVE.
WE are all here together.
I want to protect everyone.

edit on 3-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I'm glad you liked the article, I thought it was really well-balanced, without pulling any punches. I fell in love with To Kill A Mockingbird when I read it, and watched it - I still have a copy of both film and book. When Bruce Willis and Demi Moore chose to call one of their daughter's Scout for the wrong reason, I lost all will to have a daughter myself.

A big thing that that article also explained to me, that I have never understood, it's always women who prevent the ratification of the Constitution that would render women equal to men under it. It's in their conditioning to not see themselves as equal because they consider themselves outside of the Constitution, even above it. And they don't want to carry heavy boxes, of course. They really did a number on themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I've got about forty minutes to go - this is me taking a break- there is a lot of ground covered here, so I'm going to start with, like nine minutes in James Lindsay is talking about an Indian woman who contacted him about some kind of diversity awareness training (I think they call Race Fragility or something). Joe Rogan, bless his cotton socks, says that "No one ever thought Indians were racist" and I am like, hello, caste system? And I'm not criticizing Mr Rogan here, we all have gaps in our knowledge, we all have different skills and abilities. What bothered me, was that James Lindsay didn't correct him or try to explain to him his misunderstanding of Indian culture and how that India the darker your skin is, the lower you are in the social order. Why didn't he explain that to Joe, I am 95% sure he knows this, so why would be not explain?

new topics

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join