It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I just got promised another raise.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've been noticing all the little bugs on the site more recently and have started to see them less as endearing quirks and more as fatal ailments or symptoms of imminent demise. I really feel for all the hours Skeptic Overlord put into developing the site, it must be hard enough to consider passing the baton, let alone just flat out 'pulling the plug', but perhaps better that than watching it slowly decay.

Change is good though, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I still feel it'd deserve to go out with a bang.

Something like Titor or proof of aliens.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeeeaaahhh...it'd be nice, but I'm not seeing it happening, looking around, I'm not getting that vibe, members seem more intent on getting their # together before the lights go out. I'm not sure that there is one thing that would satisfy everyone. We are all quite different even if a lot of us are somewhat the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

How will it happen? Will there be an announcement or will it just suddenly be gone? Or is there a date and I just missed it?

The End is nigh!

I feel the pressure to find some profound last words.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Perhaps a eulogy is in order, profoundly put.

As I understood it, the plan is that we will be given fair warning of the cut off...but I have stopped following those threads so I'm not sure whether that still stands. I think I'm in the denial stage, carrying on regardless but with the expectation of waking up one morning to find ATS has quietly passed away in the night.

edit on 29-6-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I dont know but I found this site way way back probably in 2000. when i was stealing internet from AOL lol. I found Above Top Secret and felt soo cool. hahaha. I found that other site in 05 but I was basically banned from every website I ever visited that had a forum even 3 of them I wasnt even a member.. like I was blocked from accessing those sites completely. ip and mac address. ok woops..

so this would be my first time back over there in 15 years.

ATS is special though.
definitely lost its charm along the way, even so.. still special.

but man the vibe back then so much better.

edit on 29-6-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nothing profound to say.

I see the MetaCafe as an experiment on what we can collectively do to chaos to get a result, even if frenetic and uneven. That is the “meta” part.

The “meta” seems to have rules and restrictions but, like an Oracle, open questions seems to be its stomping ground. And me reading quantum mechanics is a ‘trigger’ of sorts. And it has a sense of humor, but sometimes it you slipping on the banana peel!

It is not religion. It is not “God”. And she seems feminine (she likes me! For whatever reason).

This has been a blast getting to meet her, and all of you (I am keeping my suspicion on Baddogma’s “secret” identity! I think it is cool that we all crossed paths in the’aether’ of the web!! And that really makes me think of the extended spider brain idea... and that makes me smile because it all leads back to Kilgore’s “Story Terrifying Reddit...” thread which is both weird and comforting!!

Before it goes, you will get a PM, and if worse comes to worse, grandpa flip phone can send out one text a day from the retirement home!!

LOL!!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I was really tense and dense when I joined. I was being mean to everybody who had an opinion I didn't like. I probably personally drove a few people away.
And I got banned.
Then I wrote them and promised to be better and they let me back in.
I kind of always wanted ATS to be the place where it all happens, alien contact or whatever is behind the weirdness. I thought ""I'll make you famous baby" its demise feels like a personal failure.

And even if it was never what I hoped it to be, I had/have so much fun here. No place on the interwebs will ever be the same, or close.
Nobody here ever believed me when I said "I am an alien" and for that I will be eternally grateful.
It gave me the opportunity to talk to some people who really know their stuff.
It showed me I am not alone in my weirdness.
It gave me a few imbeciles as cannon fodder. Lol
And even the political debates gave me a little insight how some of "them" tick.

Great spider of ATS you might be gone soon, but not forgotten, never forgotten.
In the spirit of Simon, Sceptic Overlord and all the staff
deny ignorance

edit on 30-6-2020 by Peeple because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well your "special interest" might be female, not all of them are. And there are at least 9

Since they were first encountered after humans developed abstract thought ie around the time we/some of us suddenly had free time to think, the foundation of the first cities- they're kind of where the original concept of "god/s" came from.
So... I hate to say it but in that regards DeLonge wasn't half wrong.

We now of course are much smarter and would give them a much better name like:
matter manipulationg bodyless consciousness entity

MMBCE
2000 before current era
get it?

edit on 30-6-2020 by Peeple because: correction

Because probably nobody knows what the eff I'm talking about, since it was one of those "dark ages" with a little generosity of +-200 years: stonehenge got finished, the first alphabet got developed and Gilgamesh got written down for the 1st time.
Plus some other things, but my interpretation is focused on the alphabet and "the original myth". Not half-god but 1/3... they really love their 3 don't they?

edit on 30-6-2020 by Peeple because: add

My guess is, why everything is 3 or a fraction or multiple of it is because it's the foundation of every information/bit/existence -/0/+

edit on 30-6-2020 by Peeple because: rambling on the internet in the morning

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

There is a word that Astrocyte has used in some of his posts, arrrghh I can't think of how to spell it...Tensegrity (I cheated and looked it up) and for me that totally sums up what makes ATS great when ATS is great. That, and a certain amount of friction. You get too many panderers and sycophants and the whole thing just collapses into a sticky mess of popularity contests, pats on the back and yee-hawing.

The counter-culture got swallowed up and drowned here but that's okay, it's not resting in peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

you were a big meanie face to me on my other account haha. but I always enjoyed our arguments. I could tell you wouldnt back down.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I go back further back than MM (m&m? Master Mason?? Mickey Mouse???!!) to before cities. Language was point and stab, or, point and run, or, point and laugh at your buddy falling on rabittskined backside stalking mammoths on the ice!!

All furniture pointed towards the fire. To “watch TV” you turned around and looked at the sky (TEOT’s cosmology still applies: the Milky Way is a dwarf galaxy caught by the MW which is why the MW plane rises vertically at certain times of year). A few “special days” the shaman would “take one for the team” and eat fungi until he puked. Rick and Morty wished they were this good! Part myth, part places known, mostly “spirits and gods” (and lots Joseph Campbell! Man, shamen are into anything and everything!!). From these tales, the “meta” was addressed. Half BS, half performance art, half forgetting how to count be of the trip they were on, it was a “reality TV” the likes we have never seen!! (This kind of Hesse’s Majester Ludi novel but that is set in the future and looks an awful lot like multimedia internet to me!).

From the half frog dreams the constellations became “heroes and gods”. For some reason the Pleadies and Orion (and Cygnus) all became prominent in all myths. See?! No AA theory needed! Just a collective knowledge from the psychedelic realm! [eta: moving those big ass stones is still unexplainable]

The must see TV becomes late nite reruns, Monday through Friday, as ages pass. Then the old stories become written in stone by some guy burning a bush that doesn’t burn (hey Moses! We are not supposed to talk about our drug trips here on ATS!! See, the bush in question is a relative of ayuhasca... he was tripping balls and “talking to Gawdway”... sound familiar?? And like any psychonaut he ran around telling anyone who would listen what Gawd wanted. But Soddom is a rough town to leave behind!!
)

The Aegytians called it “Tep zepi” or “first time” but each culture has very similar myths of “gods coming from heaven to earth to learn us naked monkeys digging in the dirt the finer points of fractional dividends and reverse mortgages!!) Friggin’ Sumerians!!

Add some M&Ms and we see what written language has done for all of humanity (and why dumb ass dictators always burn books and stuff, like those beautiful Buddha statues being blown up by Mus.. uh,... zealots).

2000 years+ of written spiderweb brain and now we have gone digital. Gee, a couple months later and even that crap is boring!!

Peeps, we need more M&Ms, just the green ones! (They make me horny!! LOL!! hehehe...)!! No MEs! No AF&AM MMs (or anyone else to mediate this experience. Hope that keeps those pesky 3s out of the narrative).

To future! To the past! Look out stomach, here it comes!!!

edit on 30-6-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: c’mon autocorrect...

edit on 30-6-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: dropped the important words...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

exactly.

Which is why some of my most favorite people I still argue with ha.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

being liked by god of the universe.
its a beautiful thing.
and the only way to feel is grateful.

Gawd I am so grateful for all of you and all of everything in my life that led me here to this theead.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I had an “awakening” while here and think that it really is the whole “social” aspect of ‘social media’.

The Freemasons kind of force you through it in each moth’s ceremony of becoming an Entered Apprentice, made a Fellowcraft, then raised a Master Mason. The first step opens your eyes to a different way to see the world after they “remove your hoodwink”. At Fellowcraft, you suddenly see that everything man made is “the measure of man” (it is like tripping and you wonder if you are going crazy! Like any trip, give it a few and it calms down). The final step seems to be geared towards society and your responsibilities thereof. That is why I needed the “right setting” to get my mind in order. The great secret of being raised a Master Mason is not the funny word or the funny handshake but the “knowing” that only other masters have gone through it! You can’t fake it. You cannot talk your way through it. Either you are or you aren’t (I always explain this to MM who has “recognized” a Craft practioner. They appreciate it and then look at me even weirder than before!! Prolly wondering if they should raise me on the spot to keep me from spouting all this crap out (took a couple years!! Hehe).

The big secret is that it is like skydiving, you can talk about it; you can read about it; you can watch as many videos as you want on the subject; but until you step into free fall you will never know!

Thanks for adopting me as your brother!! Even after being accepted here, there was something that I needed on one of my drunken posts... thanks for the support!! It really means a lot (still)!!

Yeah, we are going to stay in touch because it is exhausting to explain yourself all over again to another group of people on the net!! Er, web...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

My god, man, is that what passes for history in the Freemasons these days? I'm beyond horrified.

I suppose it comes from Sumeria not having been rediscovered when speculative freemasonry was founded, Egypt was still the oldest known civilization at that point. The god coming down was an integral part of the State Craft, as was the concept of First time and First place, that the Mesopotamians imparted upon the Egyptians leading to their relatively rapid rise to state-hood from the fourth millennium. The Sumerians also taught them masonry, in the none speculative sense, mud-bricks and construction there-with.

Thereby confirming that speculative Freemasonry is not a continuum from the first time or place, but practicing brick-masons are.

You're welcome

edit on 1-7-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

You and a lot of people, sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

That's the occult aspect freemasons usually deny: initiation.

As lady I never got treated to that, but I've walked through the eight gates of Babylon, metaphorically speaking.

new topics

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join