It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

well its why I keep talking about love.
I was talking about why other people have fear.
My other posts earlier in days and weeks talk about my trust of the overall direction. but having that, doesnt negate other peoples fears.

It reminds me of how I felt after 9/11 going to war with Iraq. Thats 3 years before my Army time. feeling like the end of the world haha.

The world keeps ending, and keeps growing.
it takes a lot of work of course.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

dude wtf... #erz crushed some damn pizza. . it was insanity.. ive never seen anything like it. Chef put me on an energy drink run it was so bad ha.. and its finally over ate 2 pizzas to refuel lol. i walk outside into the edge of an oncoming thunderstorm wind is like 20-30 mph and my music starts:

such a crazy awesome whole other world contrast. feeks unreal. Feels like im at the beach. bout to be soaked lol. dont hear the thunder yet so i have a lil time but not an hour

edit on 10-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Weird how “social isolation” has not touched me too much!! And yeah, I get those moments where I would like to share but... with who?? Everyone I know has moved away and I became unreachable from certain avenues (my ISP shutting off my email really pis.. me off! It is my default for all other accounts and now it is gone... grrrr!!).

Anyway, life still shows it’s playful side (to most of us here) but for me, day to day living has wiped those “smell the roses” moments. And that is a shame! Used to be half of reason to post here!

But pots, pans, and a dying vacuum cleaner are my concerns nowadays!

An oddly different kind of selfish but still “ego centered” (even guitar playing has slowed as I feel kind of ‘trapped’ in the cycle of life.

Glad you felt the weather! Sorry I wasn’t around to be a bit more insightful and ask smart questions and what have you!

Keep on rocking in the free world my brother!!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yea. I made my life as simple as possible to have time to smell the roses. including almost nobody except my family knows my phone number. I lost my umbrella at a girls house. i think. but she deleted her facebook. so thats that haha. never exchanged numbers. I dont like the social tether.

its nice with you guys though.

Im not sure if this is random or what but I was kinda thinking about buying a stainless, a non stick and a vacuum just a few hours ago. hahaha.. mostly the vacuum.

I enjoyed the storm. and its something people dont get. i worked my ass off. then i got stormed on in the wind. i drank a beer in the rain. then i put on dry yummy clothes.
mmmm. I walked for an hour cold and wet.

best night in weeks.

but i imagine 95% of everyone else would feel so negative by the busy day and the weather and just everything attacking..

the guy at the gas station knows me and knows how far i walk. He legit asked me how i was going to get home. like it was now impossible. "Ill take a shower on the way.."

Beautiful. the lightning kept lighting up the water splashing back up into the air and the drops falling down and the grass and tree leaves like almost going to the music in my ear. 9/10 would do again.

Always good to hear from you brother.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

So, I am an Aries. Through and through! And stuborn (wth!! My autocorrect says ‘stubborn’ instead of the real word!!) as I am.

Anyway, love the end as much as the beginning!!

Tell Peeple I love her!! LOL! (Stoopid website!! lol!!)

I love all of you guys (and gals)

Seriously!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yea. I made my life as simple as possible to have time to smell the roses. including almost nobody except my family knows my phone number. I lost my umbrella at a girls house. i think. but she deleted her facebook. so thats that haha. never exchanged numbers. I dont like the social tether.

its nice with you guys though.

Im not sure if this is random or what but I was kinda thinking about buying a stainless, a non stick and a vacuum just a few hours ago. hahaha.. mostly the vacuum.

I enjoyed the storm. and its something people dont get. i worked my ass off. then i got stormed on in the wind. i drank a beer in the rain. then i put on dry yummy clothes.
mmmm. I walked for an hour cold and wet.

best night in weeks.

but i imagine 95% of everyone else would feel so negative by the busy day and the weather and just everything attacking..

the guy at the gas station knows me and knows how far i walk. He legit asked me how i was going to get home. like it was now impossible. "Ill take a shower on the way.."

Beautiful. the lightning kept lighting up the water splashing back up into the air and the drops falling down and the grass and tree leaves like almost going to the music in my ear. 9/10 would do again.

Always good to hear from you brother.

Try this...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Soooo I started a thing it will take approximately 100 days total and first night:

I woke up heard a heavy breathing right in front of my window and felt some sort of presence, I got a bit scared and instead of talking to it I just restated my "mission objective".
Stupid maybe, I don't know if I get the opportunity again.
I fall back asleep and hear a weird dog barking as if right next to me but somehow "un-natural" it sounded like it charged at me and vanished before I could move or open my eyes.

I told you I'm playing Sims 3 with all the moding etc. right? I take great pride in how happy and well all my Sims are and on one occasion superweird feeling as if they looked at me all at once. No big deal coincidence.
Now I started a replay of another ancient but favourite game of mine Fallout: New Vegas.
And as I prepare to blow up the brotherhood of steel the dude in the room with the VR-pods says: this is not like with the Sims.

Totally weirded me out, had to tell. No big deal sure, but I'm either "getting through" or successfully break my mind.

Hope all is well, you're all good?

@TEOT love you too

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I broke my brain. but I kinda love it.
thats why I only drink. I dont need anything else lol.
im coming down from a work high right now.
too many gay jokes and dancing. tonight was "the four locos." i need to always watch the schedule.. it seems to happen once every 2 weeks.

If all 4 of the 4 locos are present.. the door to the crazy opens and the night spirals into laughter and insanity.
all the food goes out perfect. but oh gawd ..

like dancing back to back one person has pizza going in another is taking it out. it was just very extra . The servers were laughing so hard.

so Thats my life after breaking my brain..
but in the breaking phase i went through a lot of pain.
literally crazy. I dont know what a doctor would call it. psychosis maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Walking home in a storm is great, going to work in one less so. We were promised thunder and lightning but in the end it passed us by.

This is one of my go to songs, you can catch me singing this to myself at least once a week or whenever it rains really, which is alot.

I hope that everyone is well, I've been a bit poorly, not Covid just my usual ups and downs. Back on the up now and glad to see we're (ATS) still hanging in there.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Im ridiculous as ever. watching a movie not a documentary a movie about the mandela effect.
i cant tell if its good or terrible and I half expect to see ATS in there somewhere.

Guy can't tell if he's losing his mind or if reality lost its mind.

Thats a Reverbseration.

"Ideas are dangerous things."

I think I love it.

My dream reminded me what I always hide from myself, then upon waking I watch one video before work it happened to remind me of the same thing. and i turned on a video service after work that i havnt used in months and this video just is there like i spent one minute before just watching. and I really thought it would be random, but its the same again. so 3 strikes and Im out.

some of those machine elves creating reality working overtime today.

oohhh.. its turning psycho. ppuuurfect.

aww super cheesey haha.
he got away with reprogramming the big bang using C+ and everythings back to normal but one choice.
edit on 16-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I had a parcel from NL coming last month that "got lost".
And on Monday I ordered something else 150g that made it across the border superfast should've been delivered on wednesday but didn't come.
And I know why, none of it is original the package itself is German, that's just not possible, the bags are not original, the sticker is from Munich also not possible... and it's amusing me endlessly to imagine the faces when they figured out it's literally "weed". Scullcap, wild lettuce and wild dagga...

Anyhoo what I wanted to throw into the Café for your brains to take a sniff:
Maybe what all of this is is like a meta-evolution event, as in the Cambrian Explosion just on the the complex meta-level of the soul. That's why there's this increase of humans and like 100 years of more forcefull predators in human skin seemingly on the rise pushing the "prey"-souls to refine their stance and defense.
Because I have no doubt that we're heading towards a bottleneck. Be it the climate, social unrest, WWIII, all of them or some.
And what's the defining aspect of the predator is the fast reaction, to be blissfully unreflected about its own actions, sort of a instinctive "follow the programming" hurricane.
While the prey likes to reflect, chew the ideas three times and "build a castle".
I'm still working on the details.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

This popped up on my feed two days ago - it's a few months old but it only arrived in my awareness Wednesday...

nautil.us...

It's a running 'joke' of mine at work that 'God' is in the electrics. My last job but one was as a night porter in a pair of mid 18th century buildings that had been knocked into one in the middle of the 20th to make a hotel. The wiring was crazy, always tripping. Finally overcame my fear of the dark in that job. The church is crazy in different ways, things do work then don't, don't then do. Electricity has 'life' therefore it can bring the inanimate to an appearance of life...or something like that. I try not to anthropomorphize everything, but electricity certainly adds to the personality and quirks that all buildings have.

Speaking of crazy. My incredibly lovely neighbour bought me £80 of vouchers so I can get my hair cut. It's a thank you, though I can't think what I did to warrant so much thanks, but I'm mostly thinking that my hair must look really # if my friend is willing to go to such lengths not to have to see it anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It was all over the news the past couple of days that we are facing a huge population drop by the end of the century due to lower fertility rates. People are choosing to have less children. You would have thought that - diminishing resources, unsustainable modes of living etc, etc - this would be good news. Evidently not. Apparently because there is going to be a huge disparity between the young (and productive) age groups and the old (and un-productive). In short, way too many old people and not enough youngsters to look after them or to keep the economies moving. That's certainly going to present us (though I am unlikely to still be around) with a need to evolve our behaviour and systems quite radically.

"The rabbit runs faster than the fox, because the rabbit is running for his life while the fox is only running for his dinner." Aesop[24] The predator-prey relationship can also be established in the microbial world, producing the same evolutionary phenomenon that occurs in the case of foxes and rabbits. A recently observed example has as protagonists M.xanthus (predator) and E.coli (prey) in which a parallel evolution of both species can be observed through genomic and phenotypic modifications, producing in future generations a better adaptation of one of the species that is counteracted by the evolution of the other, thus generating an arms race that can only be stopped by the extinction of one of the species.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

Barnosky's 2001 paper that was one of the first to introduce the term,[2] explains what the Court Jester hypothesis means, describing it as one side of a debate over:

"[W]hether this march of morphology and species compositions through time, so well documented not only for mammals but throughout the fossil record, is more strongly influenced by interactions among species (Red Queen hypotheses), or by random perturbations to the physical environment such as climate change, tectonic events, or even bolide impacts that change the ground rules for the biota (Court Jester hypotheses). . . . A class of alternative ideas, here termed Court Jester hypotheses, share the basic tenet that changes in the physical environment rather than biotic interactions themselves are the initiators of major changes in organisms and ecosystems. . . . Court Jester hypotheses imply that events random in respect to the biota occasionally change the rules on the biotic playing field. Accelerated biotic response (relative to background rates) is the result."

The Red Queen hypothesis (focusing on evolution by biotic interactions) and Court Jester hypothesis (focusing on evolution by abiotic factors such as stochastic environmental perturbations) both influence coevolutionary switching in host-parasite interaction.[10] Barnosky acknowledges in the 2001 paper[2] that the Court Jester hypothesis is not necessarily inconsistent with the Red Queen hypothesis:

"Indeed, as Ned Johnson remarked (after listening to a lecture expressing these ideas), ‘‘Maybe it is time for the Court Jester to marry the Red Queen.’’ That is, perhaps the dichotomy between the two hypotheses is really a dichotomy of scale, and that as we look for ways to travel across biological levels, we will find ways to resolve the dichotomies."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I was more coming from an apocalyptic "why would God allow all of this to happen" angle. And my answer from that line of thought is variety to choose from and a "distilled" prey flock ready for the next step because they've been through everything of the predator's trick box.

Because the news I'm getting here is pedophiles and Nazis everywhere. And I'm kind of convinced there's a war for our souls going on.
Plus I want my spaceships and we'll only get those once we resolved our issues.

Now I kind of want to see your hair

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Hell yea Peeps!

Thats exactly how I feel.

to your second to last post.

also as an aside the paranormal is coming back for me.
the gas station attendant and I gave each other a stare. " I know you saw that #."
yea I saw that..
" I appreciate you, Im outta here before anything else happens" says reverbs feining suprise..

a couple items were loterally "flying off the shelves."
probably part of this thing im remembering again what it is I do. How I became a wolf is like what you said. like v for vendetta natalie portman is tortured and tortured.. when she gets out... she no longer has any fear. no weakness.

Im not there, but it would take a lot.. so my lifes troubles were blessings really. and people think i smile all the time because i dont see the dark..

edit on 17-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

hahaha.

maybe its not anyone looking at your hair, its just so you feel cared about? haircuts and new energy. yum.

edit on 17-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That is both funny and sad!

Some @hole thinks they know what you should put in your body better than you!’ Even if it is ‘weird’ salad greens!!!

Hey, I am facing the same here but different topic. And what judgemental @holes!! Oh, friend in a crowd but now, doing everything in their power to make it illegal for me to live where I live! (The whole story is the same: funny, sad, anger, and an unresolved rise in tensions that will lead some form of violence.

Bastids!!

Only (I) (or, you, if you are not‘In), can live your life!! Hence, I stopped trying to keep you from your ways/methods of probing our Miss Universe (hehe)! Baby, it hurts too much to be so distant from you at those moments (you don’t realize that all you need is a hug and some love (smooches! No tongue, as you specifically said!)

That is why I left here (oh, and corporate network blocking), at some point I feel too wound up.

I love you Peeps! You silly! And day to day pressure like that is too much. And as ATS itself is dying... well, it has helped me with real world crap....

My supervisor has tendered her resignation.

As I said, there are few people that I like/love and they help me be in balance. I am probably more emotional than I would let others in on.

Hence all of you here on this thread I kind of hijacked!

But this “other language (including thought) is worth attention (or worship, lol)). And you have been cool as all get out to my dumb @ss!!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Oh and also...

Youve created a monster peeps.

love you brother teot!

and kilgore.. just because you see the qualities of human in other things doesnt mean you anthropomorphize it.. I see human qualities in trees cats dogs... but the thing you are seeing doesnt start in humans. it started before us and that thing we see is expressed throughout the universe, and human isnt the center, so its unfair to judge yourself that way.

cats probably do the same thing. "sarah is so cat like... Shes fluffy like me." People are even more so animalest and objectionalist than they are racist or sexist.. there will be a time in the future when even we will know we are also the alien.

but really we are all expressing that panpsychism.
or as I call it god or the force or whatever who cares..

projection is an issue.. you can see what you expect to see.. so listening carefully is the best way to avoid "anthropomorphization" of other expressions of the thing.

dont tell a cat that its a cat. let the cat tell you.. whatever.
electricity being as it is.. physical properties.. screaming down a conductive surface violently pushed.. its not in a vacuum of non experience.. Were all kinda permeantations of the thing that is the thing.

lol.

of course sentence structure subject object relation.. words suck. you dont have to personify to identify, and dont have to identify to see. You could just

LET it BE

edit on 18-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Damn and while we are at it lets go aliens with joe and george knapp..

I remember saying to my uncle who worked on tech later stolen by russia and china, that I heard some things in the Army.. He didnt want to hear anything, eventhough it had nothing to do with anything marked classified in any way.

it was around that time. ya know.. they mess with you.

The beggining of this about bob lazar just reminds me all too well.

I have no clue why everything is so focused on reminding me again all of the sudden. Even as the woo is ever sneaky slipping through like sand through open fingers... Something else is like... Reverbs.. reverbs.. r.e.b.e.r.b.s. Remember!
edit on 18-7-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So I sample mind altering substances because it was fun over the years (a psych major and this psychonaut trying Tim Leary as a Senior in college set the stage for this rebellious side of nonconformity).

With that in mind ( *groan*, sorry for that!...), several years ago I sampled that purple sage that you can see Miley freaking out on in that u-tube video. Had a personal experience and no bad actions to myself or anyone else (my buddy ran into the woods, barefoot, in winter because “me and his dog were ‘in on it’ which caused his reaction). Seeing as it grows wild in SoCal did a google. Check it out!

The local shaman mix it with the green herb. In their state they say that Mother Mary whispers to them!! In that mind space, it ‘feels’ 2D, white, and lonely...

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comforts me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

The next verse it is “whispering” so my mind is blown! When it comes to drug experiences, The Beatles did it all first!!

That is the meta at work!!

Still uncertain what “meta” means?? Check out quantamagazine on “meta math” and apply the same method to mind, or language, or spirituality, or knowing, or questioning, heck, the questions we all have of Universe... that is what I think’meta’ means..

www.quantamagazine.org...

edit on 18-7-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid smart @ss phone and it’s knowledge of autocorrectives!’

new topics

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join