It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I can't give you hell then since it wasn't your fault. Hope we get to see those darling ducklings soon. I've been dying to see them!
How are you sweetie?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Busy but good. Between work, babies, grandsons and home remodeling, I'm freaking that fall is here already. My garden went to weed because of it!

I've been trying to at least brose around here for an hour or two at night. I miss everyone.
Everything going ok for you?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So far things are going well for me. Thanks! Yes Autumn is near and some leaves have started falling already. I am just waiting for the awesome display of color to arrive. I have seen my first pumpkins at an Amish shop. I will have to make stuffed pumpkin soon. Yum!

Do you have anything from your garden to harvest?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think I will be able to salvage some hot p
eppers, and the chickens are going to get more kale and an pumpkin I found in the weeds, LOL.

I was super excited early that my organic corn got to be over 8 feet tall! But it didn't get enough water, so the ears were only like 3 to 4 inches long.

I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to take the fence down, and let the birds in there to clean it up. They are great for that!

What is stuffed pumpkin?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Awwww, sorry about your corn.

People make stuffed pumpkin in different ways. I cook the pumpkin after gutting it and make lean hamburger, brown rice, onions and add a bit of salt and some ground clove to make mine. You found a pumpkin in your weeds? How cool is that? LOL

Oh, and of course I save the pumpkin seeds and bake them after.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Part 1

The wind whipped Einar's beard back against his jaw as he glared back in the direction he had come, a longing in his gaze. The wind didn't bother him, after all he had spent most of his adult years on the sea. The wind and the waves were home and life to Einar. The long-ship, named Sigurd after the famed hero, rocketed westward at the behest of the storm. The woven wool sail billowed out toward the prow, pulling Einar and his ship at pace with the winds. The heroic tale of Sigurd and his slaying of the beast Fáfnir was depicted in beautifully carved images around the hull, touched only by the buffeting waves. Einar had been through much worse weather than this, though being alone on a ship usually filled with men made him a little more anxious than he normally would be. If it weren't for the wind and the storm, Einar would resort to using his power to propel the ship toward his destination. For all the good that would do. He wasn't sure where his destination was. After a life of exploration and war in the service of his king, Einar had been cast out as the people of his homeland grew afraid of his power. It was ironic that his was the name "Einar" meaning "one who fights alone," given what he was able to do. He was an army unto himself.

Now, with no place to go, he sought the place furthest away from land. Legend told of a place far out at sea that was a pathway to another world; a world of magic and adventure. Einar had always been skeptical of mythical legends, but now a new world was all he could hope for. His people were not welcome in the other known nations of the world, so a world of fantasy would be his salvation.He'd been at sea for weeks and was running low on supplies, but according to the map he had purchased before setting sail, he must be close to the place. Now, knowing that he'd spent too much time already longing for a place and a people that would not have him, he turned from his old life, feeling the winds now against his back. Just then the ship rocked mightily, throwing Einar to the deck. He quickly grabbed a rope that he had strung to the mast and wrapped it around his left arm, gripping the end firmly. With his right hand he pushed himself up and gained his footing. He hadn't expected rough waters. The wind was strong but the storm hadn't been much more than that, and it didn't appear to be getting worse.

Einar was confused as he looked around. There was a pain in his forehead where it had smacked against the hard wood of the deck. The tumultuous movements of the ship just moments earlier seemed to have been caused by...nothing. The wind was now a soft breeze, the sea's surface calm and serene. Or at least as calm and serene as sea water could be. He could see nothing that would have jolted him so. Feeling addled, he dropped the rope and it uncoiled from around his left arm, falling to the deck almost silently. He shook his head and looked toward the horizon. It seemed so far away. Out of the corner of his eye he saw color and turning he saw a grand landmass where moments earlier there had been just the endless ocean blue. His breath caught in his throat as realization washed over him.

He had made it. The jolting must have been caused when he came to this place. He tried to think of where exactly he was but soon gave up, having exactly no understanding of what had really happened. All he knew was that he was no longer where he had been. Now it was time.

Einar knelt down on his knees, pulling his long knife from the leather belt at his waist, and began carving in the wood of the deck. Runes came to his mind as he carved; runes that only he knew. They spelled words of power and mystery; words of strength and summoning. As he carved men began appearing around him; men that looked exactly as he did. They were his shadows. He carved for about an hour, scooting and turning about as necessary, before sitting back on his heels and slipping the knife back into it's place at his belt.

Twenty men stood on the deck looking directly at Einar, each on with Einar's blond hair and beard and bright blue eyes. Each of them wearing the same dark brown leather armor and fur leg warmers and bracers; the same wolf fur hooded mantle resting atop a forest green fur cloak; the same black trousers and boots. Each with a sword strapped over his shoulder and with a long knife and an axe hanging from his belt. Each had his own pack full of almost all that was in Einar's own pack. Each with ink embedded in the skin of the back of their hands - the words "banished" and "forsaken" forever imprinted on them all. Einar rose to his feet swiftly, feeling alive and energized. His magic always made him feel more alive. He began barking orders at his crew; at himself, really. The men, the shadows, began taking their places at either side of the long-ship, gripping the oars. Two of the men started working with the rigging, rolling up the sail that would no longer be of use in these nearly wind-less waters. As the men rowed the prow of the ship slowly began turning toward the land that was now Einar's destination.

An hour later Einar made landfall. Once the ship was beached, Einar and his shadows jumped out into the water, which rose to just below their knees. He walked through the calm, shallow sea waters to the port side of his ship. Once there, about midway between the prow and the stern, Einar placed both of his palms on the wood, feeling the sturdiness and power of it. A chant escaped his lips, a whisper. Words not spoken by any other he had ever heard floated into the warm air around him. Soon, his ship began shrinking. Einar could have left the long-ship beached here, but he would never chance something like that with such a prized possession as Sigurd. His ship went everywhere he did. It wasn't long before the ship was small enough to fit in the palm of his and five times over. Then, Einar lifted a small, ornate silver box from his pack. The items of magic Einar had could not be reproduced, so those things weren't copied into any of his shadows' packs. He gingerly opened the box with one hand and laid Sigurd into it's soft interior. He closed the box lightly and whispered a word of sealing before placing it back into his pack. Einar tuned toward his shadows, who were all waiting patiently.

"Well, what are we waiting for!?"

The men shouted for all they were worth before each sprinted through the waters toward land.

A short time later 21 identical men made their way through a brightly lit, well spaced forest of the most lively trees Einar had ever seen. Forest life was everywhere around them and the sounds created as a result were nearly melodic. The breeze seemed to be stronger here than when he'd been at sea, and it mad the atmosphere of the forest cool and peaceful. The men stepped softly, in awe of their surroundings. The shadows were more than just copies, they were Einar, but also not. He hoped to find someone in this strange, beautiful land to shed some light on what they were and on who, or what, Einar was. He was different than anyone he had ever met. That made others afraid of him even without knowing about his power. Once people learned of that they almost universally hated him. He had hidden it for so long, with only the king knowing of it. He was an explorer and a warrior, but he did it all by himself with the aid of his power. Once he had been found out it was all over.

(Oops, standby for part 2)[/color=teal]

edit on 11-9-2017 by Intangibl3 because: text color change

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Part 2

Now, Einar studied his shadows, his men, himself. He wondered what they were capable of. He was almost certain that they couldn't do what he could do, but he didn't know why. He continued on in silence, not noticing the passing of the hours. At some point he turned around and saw only the amazing, bright forest, the sea left far behind for now.

Subtly, things began to change. Trees began growing closer together, and Einar could swear that he saw people in the trees and small winged creatures flitting about curiously. Soon, Einar and his shadows began hearing voices. They could see a small clearing up ahead. He thought that it might be prudent to stay behind the tree line for awhile, to hide his men, but he felt no malice in this place. His shadows, which normally had no problem speaking up when they felt like Einar was doing something incorrectly, said nothing. Einar wondered if his own mood and mindset affected them at all.

The clearing was more than a clearing and as Einar and his men broke the tree line they were overwhelmed. It was teeming with creatures of every type and kind imaginable. Beings from legend drank and laughed and A massive, beautifully built structure rose above the laughter and activity in the space around it. Einar could see great winged beasts, glittering in the brilliant sunshine, flying high above the land.

A great many eyes turned Einar's direction and he was awestruck by the majesty of it all.

"Hello," he said with adventure in his eyes and joy in his heart.

[/color=teal]

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Intangibl3

WOW! That was the most amazing introduction into the shed I have ever seen! Hello and welcome! You are an amazing writer! I was quickly drawn into your story and couldn't stop reading once I began. I think I will throw in a character or two to greet your characters. Hmmm...

Oh...the pixies will be along to bring you whatever you may want or need.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
We are about 2 weeks into Spring ...

Tomorrows forecast is 33c. !!

Not looking forwards to another stinking Summer !!

Hope all of Accasia experiences more comfortable climes !!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I'm LOVIN' all those vintage cars and stuff Gimme!

I haven't had a car for a very long time. I think my medication reduces my reflexes a bit and reaction speed. Walking and the bus is just fine, and way cheaper

But... if i had unlimited budget to use for a dream-car, it would surely be a vintage Ford Taurus! I think those things have some real character! somehow i am so dumb i can't add pictures to my posts but i can link a picture...

Vintage Ford Taurus

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So i have been thinking, being a rap person since the dawn of times, and now happy to be welcomed to the shed and sharing stuff with you... i mostly listen to Finnish underground rap, but you wouldn't understand it... it was my interest to show you some rap from my homeland anyway. Then the obvious solution popped into my mind: A Finnish rapper, rapping in English. So here you go, Shed people!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
... if i had unlimited budget to use for a dream-car, it would surely be a vintage Ford Taurus! I think those things have some real character! somehow i am so dumb i can't add pictures to my posts but i can link a picture...

Lovely looking car Fin - reminds me of a larger version of the old Ford Capri in the UK, but with a Mk3 Ford Cortina Front End on it!
Capri Mk1

Cortina Mk3

G

PS - Did you know that I've got an old vintage UK Morris Minor (1969)?

edit on 12-9-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a photo

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

It's like stepping back in time looking at those cars. The 60's/70's, when cars were cars and petrol (gasoline) was sold by the gallon! My Dad had a Cortina (not from new!) back in the day and it was roomy. My fave though is the old Rovers. Dad had a 2 litre Rover and later my Mum's new boyfriend (after they got divorced) had a 3.5 litre. Slow to get up to speed but comfy and roomy and when it got up to speed, wheee! Relative for the time of course

And then it went pear shaped. (English expression meaning it turned to excrement) Reliant Robins (a 3 wheeled car, I can't advise them!), DAF's (a cheap Dutch car, I think) and now society have the Smart. Eek!

The Morris looks in very good condition but seeing your new van I'm guessing you may have done a lot of work yourself.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hello! And thank you 😁 I appreciate the kind words!

I'll take 21 mugs of ale!

edit on 12-9-2017 by Intangibl3 because: Added mugs

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Timely, it's lovely that you are experiencing Spring in your part of the world. I enjoy Summers, but only until it gets too hot and humid and then forget it! Weather here has been quite beautiful lately.

Fin, I don't usually like rap, but that was actually a good song with good lyrics. Thanks for sharing!

Gordi, cool cars!

Hello Driver!

Intagible, think I'll call you Intan for short. 21 mugs of ale? Bahaha! Coming right up!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For all our Sheddites and lurkers who may need a healing hug.

edit on 12-9-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Intangibl3

Leaf stepped through her mirrored portal into the open field where she saw a number of identical beings. They appeared to be human, but in these lands, one could never be sure. "Greetings travelers! I see you have discovered Accasia, or perhaps Accasia has discovered you. These are the Shed lands, a place of magic, serenity and wondrous things." She folded her colorful wings behind her and held her purple, hooded cloak closer to her throat guarding against the cool breeze. There were many questions she wanted to ask as she was ever curious about the inhabitants and visitors of the kingdoms. Instead, she introduced herself with a warm smile.

"I am named Leaf as I was born in Autumn when the colors of the tree leaves come alive and I have red hair." She tilted her head to the right awaiting a response.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the healing hug. I've been awake most of this night, basically wondering what the **** is up with people who get their kicks out of hurting their fellow human being's feelings on purpose. But i managed to shake off the circling thought-patterns, they were getting too big and nasty for me. Better now.

Here is Eddie Vedder from Pearl jam. Music from the movie "Into the wild".

Eddie Vedder - Society

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Great song Fin! Thank you for sharing it!

There will always be good and bad people in the world and good and bad things that happen in it. Sometimes it can weigh heavily upon our shoulders. All we can do is hope for a better world and at the very least, try to make our own a little brighter by holding on to the good stuff. Yeah?

That is one reason why we have the Shed, so that we may share our troubles and find some light in a sometimes very dark world. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22659999]Night Star
There will always be good and bad people in the world and good and bad things that happen in it. Sometimes it can weigh heavily upon our shoulders. All we can do is hope for a better world and at the very least, try to make our own a little brighter by holding on to the good stuff. Yeah?

Yeah. Truly yeah. That is a rational approach. Cool that you shared it.

So i just got my dose of coffee. 2 mugs of strong dark roast, moderately sugared. Stumbled across this band "Dead Sara" from youtube recommendations. Strong music!

new topics

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join