It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

YES! Love strong music! I'm a heavy metal momma from way back when, so nothing is too strong for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Intangibl3

The Newcomers attracted the attention of a very old dragon, whose royal purpe had dulled to time and use and was in spots greying out. he gave the impression of how a rickety old man might look at a youngster, looking down over the bridge of his nose past non-existent glasses. he harrumphed, and turned his good eye on the men, looking at each in turn. what have we here? he said to himself as much as to the young men as he continued looking at them. Oh, i do say. Never seen that before. he harrumphed again, this time releasing a plume of curling black smoke. He showed no indication of hearing anything einar might have said, as much because he was examining einar like a specimen as because his good ear was on the opposite side of his head. Splits, now would that be a fracturing of the psyche? Or too much essence to be contained in a single body? tittering under his breath he fixed his gaze upon Einar, the real Einar. Only one has the magic, though. Tell me, boy. have you always been like this?

Sorry if I presumed too much! Welcome to the shed!

edit on 12-9-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It is the nature of fantasy that things hidden in the mind become objectively real. All the minds strangest wanderings, conjured forth, the bright and airy imaginings of wonder and the twisted depths of Nightmare. In truth, this is why Lucid was drawn into the shed- here he could rejoice in magic and company like he could not in his world; here he could fight real, tangible evil, rather than the darkness carried in his heart. It seemed a terrible burden in his old life, in the mundane world, that he was only at his best when danger reared its ugly head or when he set pen to the page. But here, in this world... Here he could be something more. And so it was that Lucid stirred from sleep, sgakened by this feeling of impending doom. He rolled to his feet nd his hand clutched for his pen while the other hand used a finger to "shh" and to point in a circle around them. The air had gone quiet, and the silence, collapsing upon itself, seemed deafening. There were no birds singing, no animals rustling through foliage. All was quiet for one, two beats of a hearts stroke, then an armored beast, akin to a dragon but landbound and much more squat and muscular roared into the space between the trees. Lucid clicked his pen and it whooshed into a sword and his offhand sprouted a papetry shield from it's wrist, even as his feet placed him between star and this thing, even though he knew she was just as capable as he.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Oh that was wonderful! I hope Intan doesn't mind our crashing into his story.
Hopefully he will say in Troll's famous voice..."It is good."

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

The sudden lack of sound from the birds and woodland creatures put the pair in a defensive mode. Night was sleeping so soundly, she didn't even sense the beast approaching. She sensed something now though, something dark and menacing. She quickly rose up, drew her sword from its scabbard and stood behind Lucid, waiting and watching. The area was engulfed in grey fog and a swirling mist of purple. She had a feeling that whatever this thing was, it surely wasn't alone. Night stood with her back against Lucid's so that they could better survey their surroundings.

They were alone out here with no help from her dragon, wolf, winged wildcat, the goblin or even the tiny pixie who had held her own in time of great battles. Her heart quickened, but she was as ready as she would ever be for whatever came their way.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Night & Lucid:

It is good! 😁

I think its awesome that you have added to the story! It is already better! 😁

I will add more soon!

And thanks for the warm welcomes!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yay! It is good!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Better with Company, that's written in the shed so.ewhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The two stood back to back against the encroaching purple and grey mist. He couldnt be sure, but the young man thought he could even see itty bits of lightning crackling inside if it. His mind pressed at him urgently, starting to race, but he quieted the impulse with the flick of the understanding that lurked on his mind like something silently drifting up from the depths: this situation is real enough without having mind go all haywire. It was an ability he found himself to have only in battle and on paper, that to catch and tame his own mind. He struggled once more to try and be thankful for the gift, instead of becoming bitter bout the lack elsewhere. This was the stirring of his mind as he stood with a warriors relaxation, eyes slightly lidded, taking a cool deep breathe into his gut, centering himself. More than with physical sense, though these were practically hyerfunctioning themselves, he had a little insistence, what he called his faeries voice, whispering insight nd inspiration into his heart. And still, even still, he almost missed it. Damned fast, blink-and-miss-it fast, lightning fast, and blended in perfectly with mist.

The moment seemed to pause, as it does when one takes a picture. The beast, all jagged edged scales and sharpened bone, hung with feline potential outstretched not even five feet away. But... It wasn't feline. At all. It was thickly built and squat, and it's eyes glittered with draconian silent itelligence. The next closest was 6 feet away coming torwards star on her left, keeping low whereas lucids had lept high. More lurked within the confines of the mist. Ambushed! the word popped like a caption. An understanding passed between them as time resumed, and he duck twirled while she vaulted off of him to kick the drakeling in it's face, sending it flying while he spun, caught the other on his shield and impaled it through. With scarcely a pause for a nod or a grin, the next were already upon them.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Lucid, that was awesome!

Goodnight dear shed people and lurkers!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Pudge set to gathering some firewood from the edge of the forest as Gordi started preparing the... half-chewed remains of the wild boars which Troll (the troll) had brought to them. Mixie just sat, staring wide-eyed at the giant troll. She had seen them before, but never one so... amenable and friendly. They always seemed to have the worst of reputations for aggression and violence, but this one was almost.... nice?
Troll (the troll) saw her staring and gave her a derisory GRUNT! (He seemed to like her very much!!)

Soon, a small fire was roaring and Gordi had managed to set up a make-shift “wood & spear” rotisserie to mount the butchered boar upon. The smell was unbelievably good and the 3 new friends suddenly realised that they hadn’t eaten since joining the cart tracks at the far end of the lowland valley. A loud rumble betraying Pudge’s hungry belly as he licked his Dwarf-lips in anticipation of the meal to come.
Gordi sat next to Troll and asked him if anything had been going on in the Shed realm since he went off for a walkabout a few days earlier, but all seemed to be fairly calm and routine. It was then that he noticed that Mixie’s expression had changed and she was staring off towards the direction of the shed with an expression of concern...

”What is it lass? Can yer pixie ears sense something?

He rose to his feet and joined Mixie in staring at the horizon, towards the shed... Something was not right.

”Grab yer things, we need tae leave... NOW!”

They quickly doused the flames, grabbed their packs and set off in the direction of the shed, with Troll (the troll) bounding in front and Pudge in the rear staring back forlornly at the rest of the boar meat that he couldn’t carry.
An unusually quiet Mixie sat on Pudge’s shoulder and Gordi followed closely behind Troll (the troll) whilst scanning the edge of the woods for any signs of danger.

He tried to reach out to Nightstar to warn her, but he couldn’t seem to establish a connection to her... it was as if something was blocking them...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I forgot to say, it's GREAT to see so many new story entries as well as some new faces in the shed!
Well Done! and Welcome!

BigG

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Kaelci zoooooooooooooooooms past the Shed with a face like:

The Shedizens emerge from their individual places in confusion as they wonder at what zoomed past them at ~ludicrous speed!~... only to hear the distant voice of Kaelci, screeching, "December 4th is the official Day of Arrival!!!!!!!!"

Jamie's dance is also adequate

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Kaelci's here?!!!

"December 4th is the official Day of Arrival!!!!!!!!"

YAAAAAYYYYY! So happy for the three of you!

HeHe
I just love...love...*sigh*

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Jeez Sweet Pea I am so happy for you.

And it is very nice to see you.
Hugs in Bundles and Bushels.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

funny gifs

I interpreted your post and the replies to it that you are going to be a father or a mother. Congratulations! that is huuuuuge! And if i am wrong with my interpretation, congratulations anyway, you seem happy and excited

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In the very, very early times, way before humans had even evolved into existence, a group of four elves wandered around mystical and mostly dark-green and dark-brown colored Finnish forests.

They all wore extremely colorful clothing, there were literally every shades of rainbows on them on a daily basis. All had a messy, untrimmed beard that usually had some leaves or hay hanging somewhere from that big hairball on their faces. That specific race of elves usually grew about half of the normal human height. And they had special magic skills, oh yes.

They did not have a house permanently set in a specific location, they wandered around and for night-time, their backpack had small tents in them, an own small tent for each one of them. One autumn morning, they woke up after hours of constant snoring, and prepared to walk around the forest once again, singing their chants, hopping around, funny little beings they were.

One of the elves, Jack, was even slower than usual in his preparation for the day. The tent was still up, all the other three, Will, Mikey 1 and Mikey 2 had already finished their packings. Mikey 1 and 2 were so eager to get to the mystical forest again, that they took a bit of a head-start and walked and hopped nearby. Will asked Jack, is something wrong? You are not your usual elf self, I mean, I sense some slowness and melancholy in you this morning.

The thing is, Will, I think I have lost my zeal. Wandering endlessly around the forest, only to build the tent from the backpack every evening… And then pack it back every morning. And then more wandering. It all seems so, I don’t know, pointless and in a very profound way, meaningless to be honest, Jack replied.

As Will began to assure Jack about the importance of each of the four elves to the prosperity of the whole group, and cheering up Jack’s mood, right that moment they noticed that Mikey 1 and Mikey 2 had came back from nearby and were standing right next to them. The Mikeys said, simultaneously in their soprano tone of voice: Hey Jack! You are the only one of us who can perform the magical trick of creating a freshly baked bacon-onion-feta cheese-garlic mayonnaise – sandwich out of nothing but air. Why don’t you work your magic again, for all four of us, maybe we will start wandering a little later today, or heck, maybe even keep a day off and stay right here and make a campfire. It seems like you, Jack, have your tent still unpacked and built there so even that is taken care of already… but now, seriously, four of those sandwiches, extra large in size, and pronto, may I ask!

Jack went “inside his mind” for about five seconds, chanted some kind of mantra, in a lower tone of voice than an usual elf soprano. And there they were, four premium sandwiches on a plate next to nicely folded serviettes. They ate good, they sang good, and they laughed good. The morning after, they all continued their normal wandering, hopping and chanting, and Jack whispered almost silently to the autumn morning breeze of wind “I am so glad that I have got these 3 pals around me. And this beautiful forest” That barely noticeable little autumn wind carries the message of gratefulness towards others for help, and appreciation of beauty around, to this day, to the ones who are in need of some positive thoughts.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Gordi, loving the story! I'll jump in at some point.

Kaelci, So great to see you!!! I am so damned happy and excited for you, Dave and our little darling boy! You guys have waited a long time for this! OMG, it's finally going to happen! Big huge hug! Oh...love the avatar and funny gifs!

Chirp, love your gifs! How are you Hun?

Wis, Good Morning! Love the Tigger pic!

Fin, our darling Kaelci and another member of the shed who we rarely see are getting together. She is from Australia and he is from the U.S. So it's pretty exciting news as they have planned this for quite some time now.
OMG, love your story! Keep writing!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I will be leaving in a while, my day out with my dear friend for lunch and groceries and stuff. I will leave you all with a big Shed hug and lots of love!

new topics

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join