It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
following on from Tom's excellent video segment!

HERE

The three companions stood rooted to the spot as they heard an almighty commotion from under the bridge, swiftly followed by the sight of Troll the troll as he roared and squirmed, choking, coughing and spluttering... wrestling with a huge slug-like beast before slamming it to the ground and pulverising it to pieces!
The stench was almost unbearable as they watched the troll slam his mighty fists down onto the stone bridge-supports, look up towards them and say:

"It is NOT GOOD! TROLL HATE!!"

Poor Mixie disappeared in a slightly whiffy puff of purple sprinkles, smoke and panic! as Pudge grabbed the mighty axe from his pack, his eyes darting back-and-forth looking for a safe escape.
Gordi meanwhile had just shook his head and started walking TOWARDS THE GIANT TROLL!!!!

"GORDI!!!! What are you doing???? IT'S A TROLL!!!! AN ANGRY TROLL!!!!! RUUUUUNNNN!!!" screamed Pudge,

It suddenly dawned on the big Scotsman that his new friends hadn't met Troll the troll before, so he stopped and turned to face Pudge with a broad smile on his face and said:

"Ye'll have tae forgive my big pal here Pudge, I'm sure that he didnae mean tae startle ye. Mixie - ye can come back tae us now... I'd like ye tae meet Troll the troll"

Pudge took his time to mull over Gordi's words (and to steady his breathing and shaking knees!) before lowering his axe and letting out a huge sigh of relief!
A tiny flash of purple-sparkling light appeared by his shoulder once more, as the rather shaken figure of a tiny ashen-faces Pixie took form again. She stared first at the troll, then at Gordi and finally turned to Pudge... who nodded to show her that everything was OK.

Gordi resumed walking towards Troll (who by now was towering over him), and slapped him warmly on the arm - drawing a half-smirk from the mighty troll.

"OK, Who's up for some stinky-slug stew??"

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Lucid, I just love your poetic writing!!!!!! I will continue with a reply maybe tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Love it Gordi! I am enjoying this new tale very much! I am also delighted to see stories in here again.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey, where's Blue???

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

continuing Gordi's story...

Troll grunted towards Gordi and the strangers.
This was Troll's attempt to be polite and nice.
Troll heard Gordi mention eating the lizaslug.
Not sure if Gordi was serious or if he was doing that thing men called being funny,
Troll decided to try and be helpful.

"Don't eat slug thing." said Troll. "Troll already ate it. It not good.
Troll get fresh food."

Before Gordi could say anything Troll ran off into the forest.
Moments later loud squeals and grunts could be heard from the forest.
Minutes later Troll emerged from the trees carrying two gigantic wild boars.

Actually it was more like one and a half.
"Sorry." said Troll as he dropped the dead boars at the trios feet. "Troll got hungry walking from trees."

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

LOL! Love it! MMMM pork and bacon!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok, who stole my night shift people?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This reminds me of my cat Mildred who loathes my younger cat Onslow who likes to bully her.

A week or so ago Mildred (who is a tuxedo cat) decided to hide from him behind the lace curtains. She had the silhouette of Batman, very cute. She watched patiently, without moving. Onslow walked into the room, without a care in the world, looked over, froze, and he POUNCED!

Poor Mil wasn't able to escape so easily as the lace curtains doubled as a net.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Hello and welcome! So nice to see you here! Loved your cat story! Cats are so adorable and comical at times. Make yourself at home. The pixies will be along with whatever you may need.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Went up with a couple of friends of mine this past Saturday to the Stumptown Steam Threshers Reunion and Festival just outside of New Athens, Ohio. Spent a little while up there looking at the steam tractors and what not. Even managed to get covered in cinders and soot from a couple of them.

After hanging around at the fair for a couple of hours looking around and watching the steam tractors being exhibited. We set off west to catch a few trains on the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway. We first set off towards a shot that we had planned for just west of Jewett, Ohio along Conotton Creek. As we were fairly certain that we had either missed something or that nothing was running. We then decided to start making tracks, pun intended, west towards Brewster only to be snubbed there as well. While we were deciding on what to do next if nothing was coming. One of my friends got word of a couple of trains meandering our way. So after deciding on where to go and get these two. We were off to Smithfield.

Our first train to show up was the "Gas Train" or 302 as it is known by on the Wheeling & Lake Erie. Seen crossing over Apple Creek Road. Eastbound petroleum gas train 302 rolls through just outside of Smithville on its way to Brewster Yard and points beyond. As for where it eventually ends up. I honestly have no idea where it goes to and the only thing I know about it is that it comes off of CSX at Willard, Ohio.

The dispatcher in Brewster had his work cut out for him on Saturday evening. Just a few minutes after the gas train had passed by and went on east towards Brewster. With a trio of Electro-Motive SD40-2s of varying heritage in charge led by W&LE 6310. Bellevue, Ohio to Brewster, Ohio mixed freight #228 rolls east along the Brewster Subdivision just outside the Smithville town limits with a hefty train in tow behind the power.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

I'm LOVIN' all those vintage cars and stuff Gimme!
Cool as a cool thing.

@errollorre - Great story addition Tom!
It Is Good!

G

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow Chooch, cool vintage cars! You've been a busy bee lately, but doing happy things, so it is all good.

Hello Sir Gordi! I take it you are in fine fettle. Did I say that right? How are the boys doing in school? How is Chrissie?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

When Lucid wouldn't release her hand, she knew that he needed a soothing touch and an understanding heart, things she could easily provide. When he rested his head upon her shoulder, she gently stroked his hair. Night felt the trust he held in her and was honored by it. He was a young man finding his place in the world with a life unfolding into who he would finally become. His battles were long and fierce against the hours in a day. He was haunted and conflicted.

She was thankful that he found this realm, this place of adventure, dreams, friendships and serenity. It was a place of healing and this is what she hoped for most, that the little warrior would heal in time the longer he stayed.

She closed her eyes, offered her prayers to the great creator of all things. She drew in the powers of nature, the flora and fauna for strength. When she opened her eyes, colors seemed brighter and her heart felt lighter. Things would be ok, somehow in her heart she knew this would be so and she smiled.

edit on 11-9-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Light filtered slowly through the clouds and gently engulfed Shed Land with a slight hue of orange and red. The owls slowly went to their nests after a quick ruffle of feathers and the eagles slowly started to awaken. Night eyes closed and day eyes opened. The sound in the forest became less threatening as all the other night creatures headed to their dens.

Driver walked dejectedly through the dragons' cave after having ascended 10 flights of stairs roughly and unevenly hewn into the rock at a slow and painful pace. The smell that filled his nostrils was a combination of various foul-smelling substances that he couldn't or didn't want to place. Anywhere.

"Just keep going, it'll be over soon." he muttered to himself. As he walked past the dragons, not a single one stirred. Their breathing was slow, rhythmic and gentle, interspersed with the odd rumble here and there. "Bloody ungrates!" he whispered.

He exited the dragon cave making as little noise as possible and headed past The Shed on his way home but instead of walking quietly, his feet made a conspicuous sound. A kind of "Shlup...shlup....shlup...shlup...."

Rounding the corner hoping to meet no-one on his way home he could suddenly feel eyes burning him. He looked cautiously around and sitting on the bench outside The Shed was a naked Celtic female staring at him. She was drinking a beer and apparently cleaning and sharpening her sword in between gulps. Covered in red body-paint which did nothing to soften the anger in her eyes, she glared menacingly at him. "Wuttya mekkin so much noise fer, ya stinking pile of...." The Celt looked back at her beer and then back at Driver. The anger in her eyes turned to surprise.

"Fear not dear lady, no pixie has spiked your drink." Driver assured her. He shone from head to foot. The colour was hard to describe but it was a shimmering blend of all the colours of the rainbow which gave the effect of looking like he was a computer generated animation on steroids. Various shades of turquoise, red, green and blue, some fluorescent, some duller in tone, ran like a flowing river over his exterior. The colours blended, separated, effervesced, subsided and re-ignited in a weirdly psychedelic display. The stuff actually coating his body however, did not move an inch.

"I like a lady that drinks in the morning but please do not be alarmed. I had latrine duty again. This time dragon latrine! I have no idea what they eat but the lower levels do not require a lantern or torch, their excrement glows in the dark, regurgitated bones too! Can I get a beer too before I go home and ditch this so-called protective clothing which doesn't really work?"

The Celt smiled slowly, beckoned him to sit next to her and produced a full tankard of refreshing ale, as if from nowhere. He sat down in the downwind place next to her and gratefully accepted the tankard and drank thirstily from it.

"Come here often do you?" Driver enquired politely.

"Before you start getting fresh with me, you might like to finish that beer quickly and take a bath or three...."

Sensing hostility again, it was just an honest and innocent question, he downed the ale in one, thanked her politely and walked home, stinking of stinky things. Besides, the sword looked sharp and close to hand.

"I hate dragon latrine duty...." he lamented and shlupped his way further to his tree-house deep in the forest where the smell would bother no one at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oh I loved this Driver! I do hope you decide to continue your story.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you dear lady, most humbled by your compliment.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...Hello Sir Gordi! I take it you are in fine fettle. Did I say that right? How are the boys doing in school? How is Chrissie?

Aye Lass!
Boys are doing well... Callum is loving going to High School and Dougie seems to be thriving being one of the bigger boys in primary School now!
As you saw on FB, Callum has also been progressing well with his Taekwondo, gaining his Blue/Red banded belt. (That is the 8th level from beginner and is only 3 from Black Belt!!)
Chrissie has been busy with the Forest School which has been going very well (and she LOVES it!) she's currently looking at ways of getting outdoor learning into more Schools in the area and is planning some introductory sessions for teaching staff, to let them see first hand what it's all about.
We've finished decorating the downstairs hallway, stairs and upstairs hallway and got the new carpets down (YAY!) and I've been working my way through converting my new campervan too.

busy busy busy (apart from my work - which has been quiet again).

Summary:
It Is Good! LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Driver, you are most welcome!

Gordi, yes I did indeed see our handsome Callum and how well he is doing in Taekwondo. Very proud of our young man! It is great to hear that our Dougie is thriving in school and that Chrissie is still loving the forest school. It sounds amazing! Nice to see you got so much work done around the house as well.

Mark and his Brothers will be working on our apartment soon enough with painting ceilings and walls and putting in ceiling fans and what-not.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
UGGGG! I'm sorry Night! I have baby duck pics, but for some reason, I can't upload pics! I have a note in a thread. I Don't know what is going on!

We let them outside for the first time yesterday. They LOVED the mudpuddle! So dang cute.

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join