It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye! Thanks for the tune! Nah, never too late to raise a little hell. LOL

Never too late hunh ? Ok then ...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
A furless cat you say...?

Friends have 2 of those beasties, such characters and extremely outgoing, unlike most of the cats I've had. If the doorbell used to ring, my cat would head for the hills (well, the attic) until the visitors were gone. The sphinx cats however jump on you as soon as you sit down. A bold race but, they wouldn't survive a night outside in the cold Netherlands in the winter. My cat (actually a kitten at the time) survived 4 days and nights trapped somewhere in the freezing cold.

I used to work shifts and when I came home one day step-mum told me that Midi (Midnight) didn't come home. Every night when I got home I would walk around our small block calling out her name in the hope of hearing something. On the fourth day I did my usual round calling her name out. I might even have done it twice but being late you can't scream at the top of your lungs. So, after my rounds, I went back home with a heavy heart and feared the worst. I sat down, smoked a tobacco delivery device and was almost ready to cry. Yeah. I love my cats more than most people.

So I sit down and relax a little and look at the other 2 cats (my parents cats) in the house and they suddenly walk to the back door and start sniffing around it and stay there. I thought they wanted to go out to pee so opened the door and who should be standing there cold and shivering? My beloved Midnight! Fark! I have no idea what happened to her but she came back with her front right paw somehow entangled through her flea collar. She came inside, went straight to the water bowl, 5 licks of water, 2 of food and curled up and fell into a deep sleep immediately. I guess she got herself caught somewhere (I can't imagine that someone did that to her) and couldn't get free but I suppose she also heard me walking past daily calling her name. It was also the last time she wore a flea collar for quite a few years. Since that day, our bond was firmly cemented and we became great companions. We shared each others lives for 18 good years. A black, neurotic cat with a strange and cranky character that would rarely leave my side.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I love cats too as many of us here do.

]

Did you mean here on ATS or here at The Shed? But anyhow, I have figured out that cat-people usually have something that somehow differentiate them from the mainstream people. It can be a trait of personality, belonging to a subculture or having a rare political ideology. So it does not surprise me that people that find conspiracy theories interesting also love cats.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Like "conspiracy realists" (you saw what I did there!), cats see things that most humans don't. Ever seen a cat trip-out? Just starts batting at things randomly, looking at the wall and then running round the house like a maniac and then coming back to rest, still looking at the wall/ceiling/nothing in particular? This is because they see reality like most of us don't.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Great cat story! well-written and emotionally touching stuff right there!

Your calling your cat's name while searching, reminds me of a movie in a series of Finnish private detective movies "Vares". Vares is the last name of the private detective. He is a super cool character and the movies are mostly filmed in my hometown so cool to watch. So in one movie Vares had a cat named Jesus. Well in Finnish language Jeesus but it means Jesus. One day the cat went missing and Vares wandered the city streets shouting loudly JESUS! repeatedly. The other people on the streets thought Vares was having a psychotic episode of some sort and he was looking for Jesus, the dude from the bible, and not Jesus the cat.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Ever seen a cat trip-out? Just starts batting at things randomly, looking at the wall and then running round the house like a maniac and then coming back to rest, still looking at the wall/ceiling/nothing in particular? This is because they see reality like most of us don't.]

Yes, all the time. My friend has two cats and they trip-out i can tell you that! Mostly evenings. We call it "The evening rally"

And maybe some of you Shed readers, after all my hype and writings about cats, wonder how come i don't have a cat here right now at my apartment? Well the thing is, i have plans to live longer before i die, than a kitten born today before it is time for that cat to die. And i can't take the loss. No strength to cope with that sort of happening. Ever again. But i'm good, i have plenty of cats in my life, pets of friends and relatives. So i can buy them fine quality cat snacks and 100% meat and stuff like that, have them sleeping on my lap while sitting or usually on my chest and stomach when i am resting on a bed or sofa.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

haha!
That was great. I love the "on the hoof" or "off the cuff" delivery!!! Bravo Sir!!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

... Well, all my tests came back great. I'm just vitamin D deficient which most folks are. Whatever that tumor thing is on or near the adrenal gland does not look cancerous and is not interfering with anything...

So that's done and over with and I can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

F A N T A S T I C !

Gxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
< ---------- THIS is NOT a Cat Person.

edit on 9-9-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: To fix text formatting

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I am a cat magnet. My clothing being a testament.

Here's a Thought ... I wonder if rh - blood has a correlation ??

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Tsk tsk. There's always one.... Who can't love a neurotic ball of fur, teeth, claws and indifference?

But I digress, it's also time for my cat scan.

Perhaps you are more a beaver man? Ahem....

ETA: Vid/lyrics probably not suitable for children or those with no sense of humour....just sayin'

edit on 9/9/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Maybe around Halloween, we can try a ouija board or go on a paranormal investigation or something. We'll send you in first though.

I'll bring my special book.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I definitely couldn't eat a whole one.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Having a hard time typing. Isis wants some lovins.

Right on my lap nuzzling my hands, laptop, everything. Damn, all full of cat hair.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Goodnight good shedspeople

Hey Shred of the Shed! Nice to see you! How are things going?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Sheye, ACDC is always a great choice of music and that song was perfect of course!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Driver, loved all the cat pics! Bahahaha!

That was quite a story about your missing cat, so glad you found him! 18 years is a good long time to have a cat. I had a gorgeous Himalayan who lived to be 19. I always wanted to pet one of those sphinx cats. I bet they feel velvety. I think they're cool looking, even though they look like some kind of alien creature.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Every time one of my cats died, I would swear I would never go through the heartache of losing another, but I always broke down and got another. I never regretted it. There are always so many homeless cats with shelters filled to capacity of these beautiful creatures only wanting a chance and some love. I do understand how you feel however. I am glad you at least have cats in your life in other ways.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Skiddy, OMG, seeing that thing trying to crawl out of the book. AHHHHHHHHHH!

Timely Dave, somehow your talking about clothes seems like a contradiction. LOL

Intrepid, I love your dark beauty! I had all black cats many years ago. Every cat has his or her own personality, just like people. They are awesome!

Hello Gordi! Yes, so far so good with the tests. More coming up throughout Autumn and Winter.
More story, more story!
Oh I meant to say please.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

...Hello Gordi! Yes, so far so good with the tests. More coming up throughout Autumn and Winter.
More story, more story!
Oh I meant to say please.

LOL - uhm... I've had a couple of beers so might not write more tonight, but will do so shortly!

G

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join