It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: diggindirt

To me it says that the progressives are in dire need of mental health counseling. Anyone who thinks that kind of behavior is normal is in serious denial of what mental health is. I wonder what they will do when their children begin copying this nutjob and making such memes for the fun of it?

Where have you been for the past 8 years?

I've been saying the same things I'm saying now. What you don't seem to understand is that there are plenty of us folks out here who aren't radical rights or radical lefts. We don't think this type of immature, irrational behavior should be encouraged in children or adults. Help should be sought for those who display this type of behavior and for those who simply find it "in bad taste." It is the "progressives" who are trying to overthrow the culture as well as the language and the Big Six are allied with them to bring everything down to the very lowest common denominator. Maybe it's the water, or the drugs they were given as children----I don't know what causes this type of behavior but I do know that it's abnormal and needs treatment. I say the same thing that I said about Dylan Roof---her brain is twisted, she needs to be locked away (in a padded cell without any e-gadgets) from polite society until she can act like a civilized citizen. There are treatments that help with these issues. They should have been dealt with when she was four or five years old....but...some fool at some network took advantage of this poor demented creature.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: diggindirt

Two words: "unnamed sources".

You guys are letting it slide this time but any other time you'd be calling it fake news based on that fact alone. No one is saying Barron deserves to cry or be psychologically scarred, we're just questioning the validity of these unnamed sources much like you guys do in any other thread that includes them.

So, you would be okay with it if someone was on tv showing off what was presented as your severed head? And making a joke of it?

Did the incident happen? Did it get shown uncensored on tv? I have two words for you: Common decency.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Odd that people accept unnamed source as truth this time.

Personally, I am giving the benefit of the doubt because we are talking about a young child. I don't like to give the benefit of the doubt...EVER. But when it comes to a kid, I am more generous than usual.

perfect example though of why people get emotional when it comes to the children.

youre giving it the benefit of the doubt because we are talking about a kid

perfect

a credible source is not needed when talking about the children
got it

Doesn't matter to me, in this case. I don't care if you find something wrong with that.

Any protest message Kathy Griffin intended was lost because of the gruesome, realistic portrayal of the effigy.

Had it been an over-sized, cartoonish paper maché version of a Trump head...the deal would not be this big. AND the protest message would have SHINED.

That's a fact. Look at the protest effigies of other presidents for proof.

Kathy Griffin blew this for you and anyone else protesting Trump. Blame her.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No tears here. Its really not worth the effort.
Everyone is pretty much in agreement that it was a crappy thing to do.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

How is that any worse than Malia and Sasha seeing an image of their father being lynched and burned? How is one worse than the other?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Im not trolling here.. but I really call into question that this even happened.

Have any of you met a modern 11 year old? Especially one with access to the education Barron has had?

11 year olds play videogames where they blow head off people
Theres more 11 year old pregnancies in this country than we would like to admit
Theres 11 year old that get arrested for drugs
There are 11 year olds that run in gangs

A modern 11 year old with access to technology has seen ALOT

ALOT more than an 11 year old did 50+ years ago.

Kids are growing up younger... and they are smarter than we think.

I find it hard to believe an 11 year old thought this was real, and thought the first of them seeing it or hearing about it would be on a tv news program when they are the presidents son.. that sort of defies logic.

If Barron was 4 or 5 years old.. maybe.. but 11?

Hes a pre-teen

Kids arent as innocent these days as you all want to believe

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

In other words they are calling him a retard.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Scarin' A Wittle Kid , Makin' him Think his Dad was Dead ..........W-T-F is this Country Coming to ? ......

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Wow, someone must have forgot their childhood, either that or you were not exposed to anything like that.

ID4 came out in 96, I was 13yo back then. Before it came out, HBO did a documentary about it, and I happened to turn the TV on right in the middle of it. The setting was a newschannel reporting that aliens had arrived and they showed shots of the ship above the white house.

It freaking scared me for a moment and I ran downstairs to tell my sisters - yes, my sisters still make fun of me because of it.

I think everyone right now is thinking Barron acted like a 6yo, running towards mom crying and yelling "mommy! mommy!", but I doubt he acted like a 6yo. Instead he acted like an 11yo.

11yos still call their moms "mommy" and they are loud when they see something shocking. Add to it that it was an image of his dad and not a random person, after the initial shock I can see how an 11yo would cry even after realizing that is not his dad.

Video games changed everything you said? I was playing prince of persia in 89 which included some gore, mortal kombat in 95, counter strike in 2001, CoD in 2004, random gore online in the 20xxs, etc., and 3 years ago I saw a video of a kid - a complete stranger to me - riding a waterboard at some water park, calling his dad in fear because he knew he was gonna fall, falling and twisting his head somehow on the floor, dying instantly, and floating back towards whom I think was his dad, and that shocked me really bad, in part because I was watching "funny videos" and totally didn't expect that. Never mind that I am in my 30s and should be mature enough and seen a lot by now, to this day I still regret watching that video.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I profoundly disagree. If we cannot even agree on a basic common level of decency and civility in our interactions -- much less respect and courtesy -- then garbage in and garbage out...

Again, there are far more pressing issues that are affecting the moral fabric of society in America and other countries to get riled up about. Do you agree?

"Moral Outrage Is Self-Serving, Say Psychologists"

When people publicly rage about perceived injustices that don't affect them personally, we tend to assume this expression is rooted in altruism—a "disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others." But new research suggests that professing such third-party concern—what social scientists refer to as "moral outrage"—is often a function of self-interest, wielded to assuage feelings of personal culpability for societal harms or reinforce (to the self and others) one's own status as a Very Good Person.

Outrage expressed "on behalf of the victim of [a perceived] moral violation" is often thought of as "a prosocial emotion" rooted in "a desire to restore justice by fighting on behalf of the victimized," explain Bowdoin psychology professor Zachary Rothschild and University of Southern Mississippi psychology professor Lucas A. Keefer in the latest edition of Motivation and Emotion. Yet this conventional construction—moral outrage as the purview of the especially righteous—is "called into question" by research on guilt, they say.

reason.com...

Now, some of us in the world—when we are not ranting on social media—actually have taken action in various ways by investing our personal time, energy and other resources towards what we rant about and various other issues and causes. If one only speaks about certain issues on social media and does nothing more—I strongly suggest they contemplate the above content concerning moral outrage. They need to ask themselves are they simply projecting, killing time out of boredom, feeling unfulfilled, etc.

We can only compound our very real problems.

I agree. As I stated in my first comment in this thread:

The irony is there are real men, women and *children* who actually have been beheaded by "moderate rebels" armed, funded and supported by the USA. In fact, many children have witnessed with their own eyes countless horrors committed against their family, friends and communities in some parts of the world. And I implore those who are offended and feel animosity via *manufactured anger* towards Kathy Griffin's actions—that demonstrated a fictitious event—to muster up the same empathy for those real-life innocent victims being slaughtered across the globe directly and indirectly by their own government's foriegn policy initiatives.

Those a very "real problems"—not Kathy Griffin's actions. Society compounds these very real problems when they get worked up over tasteless humour and ignore or condone greater horrors...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Im not trolling here.. but I really call into question that this even happened.

Have any of you met a modern 11 year old?

Yes.

Especially one with access to the education Barron has had?

No.

11 year olds play videogames where they blow head off people
Theres more 11 year old pregnancies in this country than we would like to admit
Theres 11 year old that get arrested for drugs
There are 11 year olds that run in gangs

I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm actually shocked that you would use the the victimization of other children to justify the victimization of the president's child. If kids are playing violent video games then their parents have let them down. If an 11-year-old is pregnant, she was raped. If an 11-year-old is arrested for drugs, then his parents let him down and every other authority figure in his life let him down, and the one who used him as a mule is a child abuser and a felon. If an 11-year-old is in a gang, his parents let him down and every other authority figure in his life let him down.

Thrusting a child into a situation -- especially an emotionally traumatic situation -- that they do not have the mental ability to properly process, understand the advantages and disadvantages and probable negative consequences, and then act accordingly is child abuse. And, no, 11-year-olds do not have that level of mental and emotional ability.

A modern 11 year old with access to technology has seen ALOT

They have seen what they've been allowed to see -- and too often forced to see. It is possible to raise kids without letting technology rule their day.

ALOT more than an 11 year old did 50+ years ago.

That's relative. Kids saw lots of things in the past that our kids do not see today. The fact that so many kids today are neglected and their idle minds filled with crap isn't something to crow about. Garbage in, garbage out.

Kids are growing up younger... and they are smarter than we think.

No, kids grow up when they grow up. The issues they deal with and experiences they have will vary -- from era to era and from child to child -- but their course of growth and mental development is what it is.

And I would especially not equate fight-or-flight survival choices with well-reasoned and rational decisions -- not from an 11-year-old and not from anyone.

I find it hard to believe an 11 year old thought this was real, and thought the first of them seeing it or hearing about it would be on a tv news program when they are the presidents son.. that sort of defies logic.

For you obviously... but an 11-year-old boy in his position does not have the experience and reasoning abilities that you have. And I will assume that you have never been in his position -- ever.

Kids arent as innocent these days as you all want to believe

As explained above, I think your premise faulty and therefore your conclusion is flawed.

Regardless, I don't care if the president's child is a 11-year-old genius about to get his master's degree, no child should have to be subject to such a vile and reprehensible act, and no one should be excusing it, rationalizing it, defending it, or blaming a child for the adults who damn well know better and did it anyway. Not by either party, not now -- and not in the future.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Anyone defending this is sick!!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thank you for confirming my point about you guys calling him a retard.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

I don't believe that for one second! Has Barron never played a video game, seem a gory movie or attended a Halloween Haunted House?

I agree that what Kathy Griffin did was in bad taste, but, Melainia's hyperboleic reaction is ridiculous!

This may shock you, but most everyone raises their children differently.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Again, there are far more pressing issues that are affecting the moral fabric of society in America and other countries to get riled up about. Do you agree?

In theory only. And by that I mean that there is nothing more pressing that we the people have more ability to directly act upon -- or specifically not act. If I could find a way to force the intelligence agencies to show us exactly what they do and do not have regarding Trump/Russian collusion, sure -- I would have done it long long ago. But we don't have that power. So we do what we can, when and where we can.

"Moral Outrage Is Self-Serving, Say Psychologists"

Please. This is a child. Throw whatever psychobabble you want -- I can think of a few adults crying for safe spaces for other adults afraid of chalk and sidewalks who could benefit from it -- but there is absolutely no virtue in standing by while children are abused.... much less in making excuses for that abuse.

Now, some of us in the world—when we are not ranting on social media—actually have taken action in various ways by investing our personal time, energy and other resources towards what we rant about and various other issues and causes.

Yes, indeed, many of us have.

Those a very "real problems"—not Kathy Griffin's actions.

Not an either/or situation. Problems are problems. Problems need to be prioritized but all need to be addressed.

Society compounds these very real problems when they get worked up over tasteless humour and ignore or condone greater horrors...

Society compounds very real problems when they ignore or make poor excuses for crappy behavior and it escalates into greater problems.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Huh??? I'm lost... no idea what you're talking about.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

I don't believe that for one second! Has Barron never played a video game, seem a gory movie or attended a Halloween Haunted House?

I agree that what Kathy Griffin did was in bad taste, but, Melainia's hyperboleic reaction is ridiculous!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Huh??? I'm lost... no idea what you're talking about.

Don't be coy. LuicidParadox made a good point and I basically said TL;DR hurr durr they're calling Barron a retard.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If Trump's kid is as good at "the cyber" as he claims...then his kid has probably seen all kinds of things, and is aware of how controversial his father is.

Simple exploitation of his own child (that he never spends any time with anyway).

I can't imagine any former president trying to use their children in this way.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Lol

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join