It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad."

Oh wow. I cannot even look at that gruesome image. I just scroll past every time someone re-posts it. I am ashamed to say that I didn't even think about the possibility that Barron would see it. I cannot even imagine the horror and trauma he is probably still feeling over this -- and will continue to feel.

And as a mother if that had happened to my child??? Hell hath no fury!!! Fortunately, I'm pretty sure Melania will handle it with much greater class and dignity than I would.

I hope and pray that this is a powerful lesson for all who would lose sight of basic decency and civility for cheap political brownie points.

ETA: Kathy Griffin has apologized -- although I'm not sure if she's sorry for what she did or for the backlash: Kathy Griffin apologizes for decapitated Trump photo: 'The image is too disturbing'

More from Melania Trump: Melania Trump on Kathy Griffin stunt: 'That photo is very disturbing'

"As a mother, a wife, and a human being, that photo is very disturbing," the first lady said in a statement issued by her press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, in response to a reporter's question late Wednesday morning. "When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it."

Her response was decidedly more subdued than that of President Trump, who tweeted earlier Wednesday: "Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11-year-old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!"

We could include his grandchildren in that too.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I have to scroll past it too, I cannot imagine how terrified he must have been

link   

Are narcissists born that way or developed?

+7 more 
link   

Would have been cool if his parents told him he might come across an image that is not real and a mean joke.
Did They?
Maybe

Can't miss a chance to play on people's emotions though.

+47 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I feel bad for Baron and Melania, none of this ridiculousness is their fault.

+23 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

First lady Melania Trump said that 'as a mother, a wife, and a human being, that photo is very disturbing.' 'When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it.'

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Are narcissists born that way or developed?

I wish I knew. Even more, I wish we didn't have any need to know.

It's probably a really good question for Ms. Griffin to ask herself right about now... and then fix it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Would have been cool if his parents told him he might come across an image that is not real and a mean joke.
Did They?
Maybe

By the time your average american is a teenager they have seen thousands of homicides acted out on TV...

How desensitized is that? When we hear of murder death kill and unjust wars most of us go meh, and change the channel.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Thank you for adding that.

How that must hurt Melania's heart. Her husband is one thing... he's an adult. But her son? It hurts my heart just to think about.

+51 more 
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What the f# are you talking about?

What that mentally challenged woman did is unprecedented. The only ones doing it are terrorists.

Who on their right mind would suspect another healthy human being would do such retarded thing?

+25 more 
link   
This is not art, nor is this funny. Regardless, who it´s supposed to be. Just shows how bat# crazy some of those figures are. Disgusting.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Murder death kill.
Nice one demolition man

+36 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Did They?
Maybe

Well who would imagine someone taking it to this level?

I have never seen a first family get so much grief from every side.

+44 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This has gone way past bad. It's out of control.

I was never an Obama Fan-Girl (heck, I'm not even a Trump Fan-Girl!!), but I would have never, in a million years, thought of pulling a stunt like that back in the day. Can you imagine the MSM sh*tstorm if a conservative comic had put something like that with a bloody Obama head out on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook??? How horrified we'd all be that his daughters could have seen it and been traumatized???

Everybody needs to calm the FREAK down, rein themselves in and try...just TRY...to find their humanity and civility. Disagree with the president??? Yep. No problem. Criticize the president? Again yeah...all the time. Make jokes?? Sure, the late night talking heads would be out of a job if that were banned. But this is beyond the pale. Madonna's bombing comments were beyond the pale. It's one thing to ridicule...but this kind of crap is NOT appropriate and should STOP.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Murder death kill.
Nice one demolition man

Do you remember your first ever tv murder? It was probably cartoons, they get hit with frying pans and their head 'springs back'-- boyoyoing!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

I don't believe that for one second! Has Barron never played a video game, seem a gory movie or attended a Halloween Haunted House?

I agree that what Kathy Griffin did was in bad taste, but, Melainia's hyperboleic reaction is ridiculous!

+16 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No one should ever take it to that level. Some people just try to find reasons to defend their sick minded actions.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*yawning* It was only a locker-room beheading.

+30 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

In those games/movies, it´s not his father.

+57 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm sorry.........WHAT?????

If you were a kid and was watching TV and saw some low-life scuzzy comedienne hag hold up a bloody head that looked like YOUR dad.......wouldn't you be slightly upset????

It doesn't matter HOW many video games he's played, how many Marvel movies he's watched....if somebody holds up what looks like the bloody head of your father, you get upset.

I cannot fathom why you don't understand this....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join